Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

turtling aeon

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21redarrow7216 Jun 17 2011, 06:28 AM
supcomdatabase says different somehow on the range.

Eshock = 60
while MML = 50 w/o upgrade
if you add 15% for the range upgrade it'll be 57.5 range.

nevertheless, pushing groups in and pulling them out still works, but is quite annoying since you have to keep repairing them. smile.gif

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 22Mortiferus Rosa Jun 17 2011, 12:34 PM
QUOTE(redarrow7216 @ Jun 17 2011, 01:28 AM) *

supcomdatabase says different somehow on the range.

Eshock = 60
while MML = 50 w/o upgrade
if you add 15% for the range upgrade it'll be 57.5 range.

nevertheless, pushing groups in and pulling them out still works, but is quite annoying since you have to keep repairing them. smile.gif

Yes, but the 2.5 extra range is relatively insignificant because the other player still has to select the pgens (and if he is being smart, selecting only certain pgens) and that takes time and allows the mmls to close the gap. Also, concentration on that would detract from other projects in his base (Unless he is Pulse)

+
# 23NuclearPizza Jun 17 2011, 16:52 PM
MML's need to be in range for around 4 seconds (moving in, shooting/turning around and retreating), thats exactly enough time for 1 pgen to kill 1 mml.

On top of that, if the beamgen player is smart he puts an engineer or commander in front of the pgens, so they auto target that instead of the pgens. You won't see much players microing their way around that by using hold fire

+
# 24nothing exists Jul 16 2011, 11:16 AM
the best way to stop an aeon turtle is with mml and adaptors or p shields, and if you can afford it as well, gunships... but make no mistake, you absolutely need to couple the mml with the shields or else they'll just keep dying.. with enough shields, you eventually wont lose any... the worst thing to do is to not attack the p gens and let him get mc while you tech up yourself instead, since every time he uses electroshock he is spending energy.. by the time he gets mc, if you were aggressive enough, he won't have enough energy to build anything.. secondly, do NOT just build experimentals and skip mml, that won't work, as an aeon turtle can withstand experimentals and grow faster than you can destroy it by building many shields, which absorb energy from damage

+
# 25BTU_Ebduncan Jul 17 2011, 18:37 PM
i have used the pgens before. They will work if you know what your doing. Build shields, a lot of shields and let him build mmls and p shields. Ask Dk it took him 50mmls and 3 fatboys to bring down my sheilds. I would have won the game if I didn't goof and keep making land. (should have gone air) I had mass conversation. To be completely honest with all the stuff attacking my shields i was making a good bit of energy just getting pounded by mmls and fatboys. So using the pgens wasn't really a problem.

Best way to crack the aeon turtle is to get mmls extend their range and get p-shields. Then tech to fatboys. However if your behind in the research game the aeon can go loyalty gun and will win. But thats a completely different tech tree for Aeon. So if that happens your only option left is arty, but no doubt the aeon guy will have nukes soon.

Either way its not a bad tactic, it hard to beat if done right and really it comes down to who is the better player and who doesn't make mistakes.

This post has been edited by BTU_Ebduncan: Jul 17 2011, 18:38 PM

+
# 26redarrow7216 Jul 18 2011, 13:18 PM
50 MML's?

cmon, don't exaggerate!

+
# 27BTU_Ebduncan Jul 19 2011, 18:59 PM
not exaggerated

thats how many he had according to him.

+
# 28DaemonicKnight Jul 27 2011, 23:40 PM
Yeah I had 50 mmls + 30 pshields biggrin.gif. Got aa on my land + 2 fatties and he died pretty fast. The only annoying thing was the mmls he spammed as they were killing the shields sad.gif. But turtling in a 1v1 situation will never work against someone who understands how to counter it.

UEF counter = shields + mml
Aeon counter = tml
Cybran counter = megas/adaptor+mml

Basically missle launchers counter turtles... hmm where have i heard that before? ^^

+
# 29_Pulse_ Dec 27 2011, 20:33 PM
Turtles ruin the game? WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAT?

This thread made me sad

+
# 30redarrow7216 Dec 28 2011, 08:41 AM
sorry pulse tongue.gif

I'll take it back.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)