Explore GameReplays...

World in Conflict

Aerial tips

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41FusionUK Aug 26 2007, 20:23 PM
lol, well said Chewy. Mixing air is so retarded, I laugh while raping them.

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 42Lugas Aug 27 2007, 05:18 AM
Reducing the amount of heavy helos you have make you mediocrely good against tanks, and dismal against air, reduces your ability to punch through isolated support, and quickly clear fortified CPs for drops.

Maybe you need a better support player if you need 3-4 medium choppers. post-13661-1143531603.gif. Besides, as people get better, mediums are only going to fall more and more into disuse because proper flare usage makes them much less effective.

Edit: Then again, I don't think we should draw too many conclusions based on the fact that the beta maps were pretty terrible, and i'm not too fond of the demo ones either :Q

This post has been edited by Lugas: Aug 27 2007, 05:22 AM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 43Matheus Aug 27 2007, 07:28 AM
Well there's no point for me in writing anything more in this thread. I said what I wanted to say and that's it smile.gif

+
# 44inF.Daunt Aug 27 2007, 10:29 AM
the reason why mixed air is very effective in 5v5 games (who cares about 8v8...) is simple: you don't find always tanks to destroy, 2 heavies are often enough to do the job. Only time there are more tanks is the beginning, but you're sacrifying one heavy for 2 mediums. and considering that enemy heavy air will suffer some hits from ground based AA, those 2 mediums can finish them off. and taking out the heavies at the very first stages of the game is very helpful.

But I could just say:

dignitas start with mixed air
we start with mixed air
tot start with mixed air

I think the only ones that don't do the same are logi

Are 3 out of the 4 top teams so dumb?

Also, now it seems like there are more penalties for shooting rockets from afar. If this was confirmed, heavy air's effectiveness would be greatly reduced.

+
# 45chewy2 Aug 27 2007, 17:23 PM
id say theres more. Long range shooting accuracy seems to be turned down once agian in an attempt to nerf air. I'll need to play more to confirm.

OT. Very well daunt I'll change my statement since I have very little CW expereience I'll not argue sinec i can't, however mixed air in a pub game is utter trash and shit.

As a side note can i request you stop flaunting that "best" around? I can hardly care that your the best player in the world. The only thing it'll confirm is taht you at least know how to play. I'd much rather you fight me with arguments and counter arguments then " look were the best we must be right!"

This post has been edited by chewy2: Aug 27 2007, 17:27 PM

+
# 46inF.Daunt Aug 28 2007, 12:54 PM
well the replay and all the arguments were about clan games, or 5v5.

I don't see where's the bragging, I'm not even a air player.
in this game it's hard to overcome an argument with just theory. Everything needs to be tested, there are too many variables involved, and the only thing I can say that should clear any doubt is "it has been tested by good teams and it turned out to be a viable strategy". I could say it is because you have enough firepower to be a threat for enemy tanks and you have enough mediums to scare off the heavies and to protect your ground troops (rather than destroying choppers, that's more a job for AA), but you said the exact opposite before, so how am I supposed to counter that?

of course it's not a good solution to score points in 8v8, but if that's the kind of game you're looking for you should just play heavy, because medium choppers score very little points.

+
# 47chewy2 Aug 28 2007, 14:10 PM
not exactly true the only one time i've managed to score over 2k points with air was actually only with medium choppers.

the replays of matheus was in pub 8v8 games with nublets. His rate of killing was very unsatifying which is why i said it was trash since i actually saw it in action. I have no experience with it in CW so I won't say anything about it.

+
# 48NightBane Oct 6 2007, 04:43 AM

Also, when Air is your role, make sure Artillery is your top priority if you aim for score & ground vehicles if you aim to win biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ViRuS.: Oct 9 2007, 02:01 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 49Jack The Ripper Oct 7 2007, 03:10 AM
heavy arty if you damage it from full health to zero is worth 50 points a heavy tank 25ish

+
# 50NightBane Oct 7 2007, 03:30 AM
QUOTE(JakDaRipper @ Oct 6 2007, 23:10 PM) *

heavy arty if you damage it from full health to zero is worth 50 points a heavy tank 25ish

Didn't know that w00t.gif

When sneaking with Helios, always go on the outskirts of the map, don't just run in the middle!!

+
# 51Jack The Ripper Oct 9 2007, 00:23 AM
only noobs run the middle..... or me because somtimes aa likes to hide on the sides

+
# 52NightBane Oct 21 2007, 18:21 PM
If there are infantry hiding in the woods, & you wanna get rid of them fast, just hit attack ground & hit those fools!

+
# 53NightBane Oct 28 2007, 17:23 PM
Another tip.

If your on a map that is bodied with water or hard to reach places for any vehicles & infantry, you should take that path because it is the least dangerous place to encounter any ambushes from enemy forces that just appeared in your line of sight.

smile.gif

+
# 54dilbadil Jun 26 2008, 22:05 PM
Just putting it out there, I usually start out with a 2 Heavy and 1 Troop Transport, or 3 Medium depending on how I feel. I realize I am sacrificing firepower in the beginning of the match, but you can use the truck to nab an easy point for 5 TA, and soon enough you should have another 5 to drop another truck and disband your current one. Nice quick way of getting early TA and repairs.

I did read in a guide (can't remember which) that mentioned dropping a Medium AA instead of the truck, to help out if you get ambushed by Medium Choppers. Either way, I find a ground unit quite useful in the early stages.

+
# 55CBSavage1 Nov 24 2009, 01:32 AM
QUOTE(DeadKennyIsDead @ Jul 26 2007, 12:28 PM) *

I like starting with 5 medium helis, then I intercept those heavies that are going to try to attack my allies tanks, I pull back to let my missiles recharge, then I go heli hunting, staying near my front lines whenever possible. As soon as I hit 10 TA I drop a repair truck in some far-back corner, and keep my helis at full health, as a half-health one is next to useless. 99% of the time I achieve good air supremacy.
I stay med most of the game most of the time, as it takes the enemies ten seconds to pull 4-5 heavies onto the field, and if I was also heavies then my allies would be saying goodby to their tanks, where as if Im mediums I have six of them on the field 99% of the time, so with good flare and missile timing I can win most fights, with maybe losing one heli, so I repair the rest, and by the time they are done repairing the replacement heli has arrived and its back to the fighting

I usually get 500 min score, and 100-200 repair points. Sure it could be more if I went heavy, but then there would be high potential to lose the air battle, so I prefer mediums

I find that mediums arent worth it if your going against decent support players becuase they tend to keep you back from the heavies and also those minutes ur spending repairing lets other heavies own tanks. Support was designed to repair wasn't it? That's why they can call in repair trucks cheaper then anyone else.

+
# 56weklund May 12 2010, 06:41 AM
Has anyone been able to effectively micro one group of medium copters and another group of heavys?
Meaning microing them at different parts of the map

+
# 57alex1994 Apr 16 2011, 08:33 AM
hey i have a question...one of my enemies is using infantry squads in the beggining.if i use:

armor=fail

can air rol;e destroy him??/

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)