Explore GameReplays...

Act of Aggression

A brief history of AoA strategy :)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1letsrock Mar 27 2016, 22:28 PM
Initial release: mass tanks
First major patch: mass helicopters
Second major patch: mass fighter-bombers
Reboot: ??? (can Eugen balance stuffs???)

Personally, my favourite is the initial release. I miss the epic tank battles vs Maze and others, or a well-timed tank push that just wins the game right away. It wasn't very balanced but it was lots of fun. Oh well.

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 2Maze. Mar 28 2016, 07:54 AM
This is how I remember it;

#1 beta maze realizes rushing MG nests into the enemy base is the way to go

#2 beta + release maze realizes spamming stryker tanks is the way to go

#3 release maze realises eco boost speed upgrades rush is the way to go (followed up by spamming
stryker tanks, now with additional 2 extra war factories)

#4 release dot dash realizes spamming guardians is the way to go (he pretty much did the exact same eco boost build, but then went into air spam instead of tank spam; it proved to be super effective in US mirrors, not as effective against (Zxganon's) cartel)

#5 release szalami realises capturing buildings w/ infantry is the way to go (after losing to him, I went on to watch the replay, tried my own version of his build and realized snipers stayed invisible when capturing buildings, which made my version even more broken, but I never used it online, as I thought it was some kind of a bug)

#6 release andreB realizes spamming/rushing crushers is the way to go

#7 release ??? realizes rushing cartel cloaked units upgrade is the way to go (can't remember who originally started doing it, but he was really good at it; targeting for my detection units, splitting forces, etc.)

#8 release zxganon realizes early superhinds + vipers rush is the way to go

#9 release ??? realizes spamming fenneks is the way to go (since it's easy to change the nickname, I couldn't really tell who originally started doing this on the ladder, but pretty much every chimera I encountered did it in various ways, i.e. better and worse version of the same build)

#10 reboot spamming early scorpios is the way to go (no viable counter in tier 1)

I might've forgotten some players or tactics, but it's been a long time ago, I tried to remember the strongest tactics I've come across over the patches, and as you read through it, you will see there's a lot of fun variations for all the factions, all of them were broken in a sense at some point and time, but that's what made the game fun, for me at least. (except the fenneks spam, that was almost as dumb as spamming strykers all game! biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Maze.: Mar 28 2016, 08:14 AM

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3OptiCal Mar 28 2016, 09:46 AM
I take it you aint seen my fast humvee? biggrin.gif

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 4Maze. Mar 28 2016, 11:13 AM
QUOTE(OptiCal @ Mar 28 2016, 09:46 AM) *

I take it you aint seen my fast humvee? biggrin.gif

OH YEAH I DID, you did that in beta to me for sure!! But I'm pretty sure it only worked once or twice.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 5letsrock Mar 28 2016, 12:08 PM
Nice post Maze, very detailed!

Game: Supreme Commander

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)