Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

About The Ad's On Top In The Default Skin....

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Maniac Mar 18 2005, 20:45 PM
Dont want ads ? Donate money then

The site costs us major bucks. Darky has spent $300 HIMSELF so far on the site alone, not counting the donations he's made in the past. All in all he's payed around $400-$450 for the network so far, if not more.

Ive made contributions too, though not nearly as much as Darky.

Fact is, we're both students, and poor, Its not easy keeping up sites as big as this one.

Servers cost money, and not the monopoly kind either. Real dough, right now the new server is gonna cost us $100 per month.

We depend on donations monthly to keep us going,m now we're trying to ease the load from donations to advertisements. They are very non obstructive and are only text, so no flashy graphics so far.

Right now the ad's are not in the Act Of War : Consortium skin, so if you dont like them you can temporarily switch over to that skin, however the ad's will be appearing in that too pretty soon.

+
Reply to this topic Start new topic

Don't like this display mode? Switch to: Standard

Replies: 1 - 10

# 2sLaiN0r Mar 18 2005, 20:53 PM
oh i see... but the BFME ads again...^^^

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Maniac Mar 18 2005, 20:56 PM
What bfme ads

+
# 4sLaiN0r Mar 18 2005, 21:12 PM
in the old cncreplays u dont remember?

all the BFME COMERCIALS and stuff..skins of BFME and and and.....

+
# 5Maniac Mar 18 2005, 21:13 PM
That was us trying to make our bfme site popular. It worked.

+
# 6OmegaSt0rm Mar 18 2005, 21:51 PM
That had nothing to do with money, only with getting popularity over at BFME.org.

-OmegaSt0rm

+
# 7IpKaiFung Mar 18 2005, 23:33 PM
i too am a poor student
but ill send some cash when i get some smile.gif

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 8lil9 Mar 19 2005, 11:41 AM
On the main page you could have a page were people can subscribe to monthly donations through pay-pal, like one for 5dollars a month one for 10dollars a month one for 15dollars, etc. I subscribe to the 10dollars one and im sure other people would subscribe too smile.gif

just an idea

+
# 9Darky Mar 19 2005, 12:21 PM
QUOTE(lil9 @ Mar 19 2005, 11:40 AM)
On the main page you could have a page were people can subscribe to monthly donations through pay-pal, like one for 5dollars a month one for 10dollars a month one for 15dollars, etc. I subscribe to the 10dollars one and im sure other people would subscribe too  smile.gif

just an idea

This is all well and good in theory and if syou want to then let me know smile.gif, we'll get a list together of regular contributors etc etc, we have a pay pal account which we use smile.gif

BUT, in the past, asking for donations only really ever covered about half the server cost (which is now MORE expensive when the new server comes tongue.gif).

People always say they will give, but on a fraction actually do give tongue.gif. You guys don't realise how much that bfme.org and cncreplays.com have cost in total tongue.gif. Over the last 12 months (since new server) it's cost (including things like IPB 2.0.3), WAY OVER $1000, this has to come from somewhere w00t.gif

Darky

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 10IpKaiFung Mar 19 2005, 12:32 PM
ive given money
and i will when i get the next bit of student LOAN tongue.gif

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 11AlPiNE Mar 20 2005, 05:15 AM
oooooh you don't accept monopoly money? well then never mind that letter i sent you sad.gif

Game: Counter Strike: Source

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)