Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

I'm new here looking to become a pro(or at ...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Dylan97 May 18 2019, 21:08 PM
Hello, I've always loved this game but always played against brutal AI, lately I've been wanting to transfer to online matches, but I feel that in 1 v 1 I'm just bad, and in team matches I'm often overwhelmed by enemies, and end up the match wit 15PP... so please, if there is someone willing to mentor me, I'm 100% interested in learning

+
# 2puregewalt May 19 2019, 08:04 AM
watch reps of gp its that easy

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 3Motoma May 19 2019, 14:53 PM
Replays help but watching replays isn't all their is, its hard to pick up exactly what players are doing and why they're doing it.

Otherwise try the strategy and replay-review channels of the 2.02 discord, usually can get some good advice: https://discord.gg/xuayYAG

Find some mid tier players to 1v1/2v2 against as well, you will get beaten majority of the time but you will improve fastest that way. Just avoid anyone that beats you in 5 minutes and doesn't offer advice, won't learn anything in games that short

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 4puregewalt May 19 2019, 16:20 PM
def dont listen to motoma u can learn only from gp anything else is waste of time

+
# 5Motoma May 20 2019, 12:59 PM
QUOTE(puregewalt @ May 20 2019, 02:20 AM) *

def dont listen to motoma u can learn only from gp anything else is waste of time

Who are you again?

+
# 6puregewalt May 21 2019, 05:21 AM
that guy standing behind u

+
# 7Dylan97 May 21 2019, 13:44 PM
whatching replays is pointless if I don't know the basis. I'd need to know what heroes are good against what factions, when to go first elite cav/archers/pikes or when to do an hero. what to start against what... what powers suit better against which faction... there is no way a beginner can learn this much from replays, unless I watch 30 replays for each faction and in each replay there is an actual explanation of what is happening and why... Also good players never play with newbies so there is no wat I can improve by playing with them

+
# 8puregewalt May 21 2019, 13:57 PM
That was my method might not work for u, but imo if u brained u ll have np, i think that motomas way is bit long and i dont see reason why beginner couldnt learn "so much" from reps, this game isnīt so complicated that u would have to watch 30 reps for each faction once u get the basics u ll just improve in whatever faction u ll want,
corect use of heroes and units and basics u ll prob not learn from med players either thats why they re med
"Also good players never play with newbies so there is no wat I can improve by playing with them" more excuse than truth, if u r communicative guy u ll have np to get game with some and i doubt they wouldnt be willing to give u some advice, find ways or excuses

+
# 9Dylan97 May 21 2019, 14:29 PM
I thought this was a mentoring forum, not a just play forum... I already knew I can watch replays. It helps, but you'll never reach very good levels with that. or anyway it will take much more time

+
# 10Mako Jun 9 2019, 08:21 AM
Hi mate,
Is hard to have a mentor in this day. We don't have much player with aviable time.

I suggest to follow some strategy Build Orders and start with simply factions like goblins or motw

https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=981762
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=982034
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=983266

Focus on few factions and folow replays of 1v1 on ford isen of Mauhur/Solas or Dj Premier or DJ parson (for me even if they are a bit obsolete)
Try to copy them and play 1v1 vs better player than you and ask to them what, in their opinion, you wrong

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)