Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

The Best Way to Siege a Base!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ToastieNL Feb 5 2010, 14:22 PM
Hello,

while playing with my friends, one of them decided to go for an Ion Cannon Camp. I think I tried every possible thing to take it down, and it was able to fire on me twice before I let the Juggernauts come through.

I tried using Hexa. One filled with discs, one with assimilators. Those Hexas fail to Juggernauts and Sonic Emitters.
Mostly I (ab)use my Mechapede micro, but they couldnt dish out the damage needed fast enough, since the defence existed of mostly Juggernauts and 6 Sonic Emitters. I got 'pwnd' with my Mechas.
Tripods failed to Orcas, which in the defence did work great, but with his offence failed, because of Shardwalkers (which got owned in offense badly too!).
I even tried Shocktroopers, which almost got me the win, but failed at a little bit of Health. I hoped Overlords Wrath could finish it, but it kind of 'missed' the Ion Cannon...

I used Stasis Shield and Phase Field as much as possible, I think the lack of Siege is what killed me.

I hope for some tips!

Kind Regards,
Daan

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Black1 Feb 5 2010, 15:13 PM
Use corrupters to heal the hexapod never garrison assimilators in it.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3ToastieNL Feb 5 2010, 16:31 PM
Corruptors got owned by the Juggernauts, they had about 5 seconds of healing within range of attacking, which was far to short.

+
# 4Speak Feb 6 2010, 04:01 AM
Airborne Siege unit for scrin + gunwalkers lots and lots of gunwalkers.

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 5ToastieNL Feb 6 2010, 07:44 AM
I posted this in the R17 forum, we lack the Devastator Warship, so theres no Airborne Siege unit for us.

And Shardwalkerspam is failing vs. Juggaspam!

+
# 6Speak Feb 6 2010, 07:48 AM
touche touche, I forgot about the r17.. I think the way I personally would go about it... is to push hard in the beginning, never let him tech up. PUSH hard with shardwalkers + Devs. + buzzers and you should go far.

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 7ToastieNL Feb 6 2010, 13:33 PM
Well, it started as 1v1 on a 4 player map, so the map was way to big to go for a rush, and way to much money to keep him down. Through, I russed him with Devourers, but his Pitbulls were countering as they outnumbered me pretty badly.

+
# 8Black1 Feb 6 2010, 15:30 PM
Let your devourers tank the low damage shots of his pitbulls and heal with corrupters.

+
# 9zookerz Feb 6 2010, 16:30 PM
Well, one thing you could do would be to phase 4 tripods or so and run to the back of his base and crush his eco. After that just spam tripods with a slight mix of 10 or so shardwalkers for anti air and anti inf. When going in to wipe his entire base, temp wormhole on his juggs and try to get close to emp the sonic emitters with the tripods. After killing the sonics and juggs you might as well just spam dis and run in since he probably won't expect inf spam after you wiped half of his base with tripod spam.

+
# 10ikkuh Feb 6 2010, 16:33 PM
try to keep the pressure up, when he hits tier 3 make sure that there is a nice tier 2 push on his doorstep which should be hard to counter. shardwalker+devourer spam works nice against tier 1 and 2 from gdi. When you time it right he should have little to no tier 3 units so you can take him down.

then tech yourselve and spam reapods, in the final assault statishield something important, and maybe use phase on some units so you can use them as meatshields

+
# 11ToastieNL Feb 6 2010, 18:16 PM
QUOTE(zookerz @ Feb 6 2010, 17:30 PM) *

Well, one thing you could do would be to phase 4 tripods or so and run to the back of his base and crush his eco. After that just spam tripods with a slight mix of 10 or so shardwalkers for anti air and anti inf. When going in to wipe his entire base, temp wormhole R17's Temp. Wormhole sucks wink.gif I hope you ment Stasis. on his juggs and try to get close to emp the sonic emitters with the tripods. After killing the sonics and juggs you might as well just spam dis and run in since he probably won't expect inf spam after you wiped half of his base with tripod spam.

This is quite a good idea, thanks!

QUOTE(ikkuh @ Feb 6 2010, 17:33 PM) *

try to keep the pressure up, when he hits tier 3 make sure that there is a nice tier 2 push on his doorstep which should be hard to counter. shardwalker+devourer spam works nice against tier 1 and 2 from gdi. When you time it right he should have little to no tier 3 units so you can take him down.

then tech yourselve and spam reapods, in the final assault statishield something important, and maybe use phase on some units so you can use them as meatshields
Try to do so next time, thanks.

+
# 12zookerz Feb 6 2010, 21:56 PM
Nope, I meant temp wormhole because his juggs can't move quick enough to get away and they can still be damaged.

+
# 13ToastieNL Feb 6 2010, 22:54 PM
With R17s Temp. Wormhole Sucks, I ment Temp. Wormhole is Traveller wink.gif Reaper doesn't get it smile.gif!

+
# 14zookerz Feb 7 2010, 01:48 AM
Oh yea =p. Anyways stasis behind the juggs + getting some juggs inside of it will get you what you need.

+
# 15asdf999 Feb 7 2010, 03:02 AM
2wfdevspam+shards to kil him before he gets all that

+
# 16Eph2.8-9 Feb 7 2010, 04:44 AM
QUOTE(asdf999 @ Feb 6 2010, 21:02 PM) *

2wfdevspam+shards to kil him before he gets all that

Devspam loses hard to Sonic Emitters. Shards lose harder. On a large map, a fast-teching GDI will have Sonics and possibly Juggs before you get to him with 2wf anything. Preds can hold off small numbers of Devs and you need a lot of Shard Walkers to deter Orcas. I'd suicide an Orca to kill a Dev (1100 vs 1600).

+
# 17asdf999 Feb 7 2010, 08:25 AM
stasis the emitter(s) or powerplants if theyre clumped and use formation move to avoid the skewer effect...

This post has been edited by asdf999: Feb 7 2010, 08:25 AM

+
# 18ToastieNL Feb 7 2010, 09:12 AM
Well, if your opponent Quicktechs, it isn't easy to break it with just a stasis shield. There were quite a few emitters, and hes not that noob to clump everything up (except for his harvs (a)).

Cant Devourers outrange Sonics?

+
# 19ikkuh Feb 7 2010, 09:44 AM
no but they can avoid the shots when microed well

+
# 20zookerz Feb 7 2010, 17:08 PM
Devs can shoot sonic emitters when the sonic emitters are still in range but the devs are JUST inside of its circle. Usually i bring about 3~4 devs with 2 corrupters and i just hit it,back away,heal,bring it forward. I would rather stasis juggs than the power plants or sonic emitters since the emitters are stationary and have a shorter range.

This post has been edited by zookerz: Feb 7 2010, 17:09 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)