Explore GameReplays...

StarCraft 2

Got Diamond, yo

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Hooked Oct 3 2011, 19:43 PM
IPB Image

OK, now discuss how awesome I am to get diamond in like 2.5 months of playing.

This post has been edited by Hooked: Oct 3 2011, 19:44 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2uzsibox Oct 3 2011, 21:00 PM
i just dropped to plat cuz i did too many random allins.
on the other hand i forgot how much fun spamming marines only was

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3Hellboy Oct 3 2011, 21:04 PM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Oct 3 2011, 21:43 PM) *

IPB Image

u needed 5x more games than me just in this season, gratz and im prolly a noob.

Clan: JR

+
# 4Garmeth Oct 3 2011, 21:34 PM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Oct 3 2011, 14:43 PM) *

IPB Image

took me 1 month NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

This post has been edited by Garmeth: Oct 3 2011, 21:34 PM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5Hooked Oct 3 2011, 21:52 PM
Hellboy, I started the season in Bronze so I needed that many matches to both improve and get my MMR up...yes, I know I still suck in comparison to most of the people on this board, but I'm still happy.

Garmeth did you play SC1?

my parade = fucking rained on

+
# 6RoCkStAr2 Oct 3 2011, 21:54 PM
Fuck SC, girls better virgins.

+
# 7Garmeth Oct 3 2011, 22:16 PM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Oct 3 2011, 16:52 PM) *

Hellboy, I started the season in Bronze so I needed that many matches to both improve and get my MMR up...yes, I know I still suck in comparison to most of the people on this board, but I'm still happy.

Garmeth did you play SC1?

my parade = fucking rained on

Im half trollin u but na I didn't play sc1. Was decent and a casual player at company of heroes tho. gratz tho tongue.gif.

+
# 8JimRaynor Oct 3 2011, 22:18 PM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Oct 3 2011, 15:43 PM) *

considering all the campaign players left the multiplayer game by the time u started playing its a pretty good accomplishment smile.gif

i get to watch a korean SlayerS team member who is temporarily staying in TOronto.... so i'm confident i'll never make the Masters level though because i've seen what you have to do.... i'm too slow.

i think if no one played my account i'd be in the top 30 of a diamond league smile.gif
Instead i get to beat up top platinum players on a regular basis because my pals keep screwing around with my account.

if u wanna play me .. just add me ... JimRaynor.902

+
# 9Garmeth Oct 3 2011, 22:23 PM
QUOTE(JimRaynor @ Oct 3 2011, 17:18 PM) *

considering all the campaign players left the multiplayer game by the time u started playing its a pretty good accomplishment smile.gif

i get to watch a korean SlayerS team member who is temporarily staying in TOronto.... so i'm confident i'll never make the Masters level though because i've seen what you have to do.... i'm too slow.

i think if no one played my account i'd be in the top 30 of a diamond league smile.gif
Instead i get to beat up top platinum players on a regular basis because my pals keep screwing around with my account.

if u wanna play me .. just add me ... JimRaynor.902

are you talking about slayers bekho...?

+
# 10JimRaynor Oct 3 2011, 22:27 PM
QUOTE(Garmeth @ Oct 3 2011, 18:23 PM) *

are you talking about slayers bekho...?

i think that's his name.
and there are couple of other high masters guys that play at NetCOnnect on yonge.
their keyboard "sense" is like a piano player playing the piano.

This post has been edited by JimRaynor: Oct 3 2011, 22:27 PM

+
# 11Garmeth Oct 3 2011, 22:31 PM
QUOTE(JimRaynor @ Oct 3 2011, 17:27 PM) *

i think that's his name.
and there are couple of other high masters guys that play at NetCOnnect on yonge.
their keyboard "sense" is like a piano player playing the piano.

anybody in masters league doesn't have impressive mechanics, and you do know that when slayers first came out the cutoff would probably be the equivalent of like 1100 masters ATM, boxer was literally looking for mid to high masters randomly to build in to a solid team.

I wouldn't be impressed

This post has been edited by Garmeth: Oct 3 2011, 22:34 PM

+
# 12JimRaynor Oct 3 2011, 22:36 PM
QUOTE(Garmeth @ Oct 3 2011, 18:31 PM) *

anybody in masters league doesn't have impressive mechanics, and you do know that when slayers first came out the cutoff would probably be the equivalent of like 1100 masters ATM, boxer was literally looking for mid to high masters randomly to build in to a solid team.
I wouldn't be impressed

ok, i'll wander around the internet cafe with an annoyed look on my face.

This post has been edited by JimRaynor: Oct 3 2011, 22:48 PM

+
# 13Garmeth Oct 3 2011, 22:38 PM
QUOTE(JimRaynor @ Oct 3 2011, 17:36 PM) *

ok, i'll wander around the internet cafe with an annoyed look on my face.

ok, I'll take a ring around the rosie and then ask david tressel what he thinks of that

+
# 14Hooked Oct 3 2011, 22:39 PM
/cry

SC2Gears tells me that my APM is around 112, which I think is pretty good considering my last RTS was Dawn of War II, where you simply need a pulse to have a fairly high Elo.

+
# 15JimRaynor Oct 3 2011, 22:42 PM
QUOTE(Garmeth @ Oct 3 2011, 18:31 PM) *

I wouldn't be impressed

he did a pretty good job.
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/port...;news_id=808746

+
# 16ServaNt Oct 3 2011, 22:42 PM
took me 1 day, 5 placement matches 5-0 in day 1 of the beta

Ego much?

Game: None

+
# 17uzsibox Oct 3 2011, 22:50 PM
QUOTE(Hooked @ Oct 3 2011, 22:39 PM) *

/cry

SC2Gears tells me that my APM is around 112, which I think is pretty good considering my last RTS was Dawn of War II, where you simply need a pulse to have a fairly high Elo.

lol

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 18Schmieds Oct 3 2011, 22:56 PM
You have a right to be happy, just not here apparently. It took me about four months from Bronze to Diamond I think.

If you apply yourself and are not braindead you can get at least Masters. I'd like to think I just didn't apply myself.

+
# 19Hooked Oct 3 2011, 23:33 PM
I'd like to get to Masters eventually but for now Id just like to get some decent mechanics.

QUOTE(ServaNt @ Oct 3 2011, 16:42 PM) *

took me 1 day, 5 placement matches 5-0 in day 1 of the beta

Ego much?

Mine or yours? And also there was no Diamond league in beta. tongue.gif

+
# 20Garmeth Oct 4 2011, 00:01 AM
QUOTE(JimRaynor @ Oct 3 2011, 17:42 PM) *

I don't think you understand tongue.gif, the old slayers had a low requirement to join, it was more of like a community clan back in the gsl open seasons and I remember reading a thread when you only needed to be around like rank 1000 in points back then to join, that's not to say that the main slayers players aren't excellent but there is a group of people that are just part of the community like bekho. You won't find him on their GSTL roster or him living in the competitive slayers team house ( to my knowledge anyway).

But my main concern is why do you sell yourself short? You say you'll never be masters and you idolize people who are mildly successful, a rank 8 platinum got rank 1 masters by doing the same marine scv all-in every single game. I just think you separate the pros from the mediocre players too much like there is some profound difference in the genetics of say Major to a random gold league joe. Everyone sucked at RTS orginally, you just seem to hate on people that don't have outstanding success in RTS atm that criticize players that are professional, like how you hate me, darkstorm when he bashes on huk, etc etc etc. Except in this case I'm actually on the same or above the level of bekho so ohmy.gif. We've met on ladder before a lot and he's just a normal master league T trying to win some games, don't praise the guy like a god and say you'll never be able to play as fast as a normal master league joe.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)