Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Help Panthers

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1pantherhelp Oct 20 2012, 03:43 AM
So i play with my friends on 2 v 2 and i can play either British or American. One of my friends on the other team always spam panther like crazy and can get as many as he wants and i can't even reach him. He cuts all the bridges off so i can't attack. He then firestorms and v1s any of my defense and attacks with his panthers and kills me without even a challenge any tips on how to help me kill him?(We play on custom map that has bridges as the only way to move.)

+
# 2C4nn0nb411 Oct 21 2012, 02:59 AM
I get the smell of achelous river from your description.
You should know that bridge maps are unbalanced, so dont ever hope for advice on playing on bridge maps.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3de345 Oct 21 2012, 03:38 AM
It is hopeless to play on Achelous River. Very boring and static slow-paced gameplay, almost as bad if not worse than the Scheldt.

But what you could do is get either wall of the 57mm AT guns or have your Brit teammate build 17 Pounder AT Gun emplacements everywhere.

You also can get the 101st Airborne Rangers and upgrade them with the 57mm "Heat-Seeking" Recoiless Rifles as the Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther" Tank on its own is horrible at killing the 101st Airborne Rangers. The 57mm "Heat-Seeking" Recoiless Rifle guarantees 90% penetration against most armor and is capable of being very accurate even at long ranges (hence the nickname, "Heat-Seeking") and combined with the 101st Airborne Ranger's "Fire-Up" ability it can have almost no problem finishing off tanks.

A platoon of the 101st Airborne Rangers with their 57mm Recoiless Rifles can destroy enemy armor very quickly, as lighter tanks, such as the FlakPanzer IV "Ostwind/Wirbelwind" Tank can be instantly destroyed in a single volley, although these light tanks do a large amount of damage vs. 101st Airborne Rangers. Heavier armor, such as the Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther" Tank may do lots of damage against all allied armor, such as the M4 "Sherman" Tank, but will fail miserably against the platoon of Airborne Paratroopers.

It may take only 2 volleys from a 101st Airborne Ranger platoon that is armed with 57mm Recoiless Rifles to kill a recruit Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther". Although it may be a bit tougher for your 101st Airborne Rangers to so the job when the Panthers are upgraded with the infamous Maschinengewehr 42s (MG42) as they do a bunch more damage than they did before.

This post has been edited by de345: Oct 21 2012, 03:58 AM

+
# 4C4nn0nb411 Oct 23 2012, 13:17 PM
QUOTE(de345 @ Oct 21 2012, 09:08 AM) *

It is hopeless to play on Achelous River. Very boring and static slow-paced gameplay, almost as bad if not worse than the Scheldt.

But what you could do is get either wall of the 57mm AT guns or have your Brit teammate build 17 Pounder AT Gun emplacements everywhere.

You also can get the 101st Airborne Rangers and upgrade them with the 57mm "Heat-Seeking" Recoiless Rifles as the Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther" Tank on its own is horrible at killing the 101st Airborne Rangers. The 57mm "Heat-Seeking" Recoiless Rifle guarantees 90% penetration against most armor and is capable of being very accurate even at long ranges (hence the nickname, "Heat-Seeking") and combined with the 101st Airborne Ranger's "Fire-Up" ability it can have almost no problem finishing off tanks.

A platoon of the 101st Airborne Rangers with their 57mm Recoiless Rifles can destroy enemy armor very quickly, as lighter tanks, such as the FlakPanzer IV "Ostwind/Wirbelwind" Tank can be instantly destroyed in a single volley, although these light tanks do a large amount of damage vs. 101st Airborne Rangers. Heavier armor, such as the Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther" Tank may do lots of damage against all allied armor, such as the M4 "Sherman" Tank, but will fail miserably against the platoon of Airborne Paratroopers.

It may take only 2 volleys from a 101st Airborne Ranger platoon that is armed with 57mm Recoiless Rifles to kill a recruit Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther". Although it may be a bit tougher for your 101st Airborne Rangers to so the job when the Panthers are upgraded with the infamous Maschinengewehr 42s (MG42) as they do a bunch more damage than they did before.

thum.gif

+
# 5de345 Oct 27 2012, 13:11 PM
I also forgot to add M10 "Wolverine" Tankdestroyers spam (atleast 5 of them) are great at taking on the Panzerkampfwagens V "Panther" when you add in the doctrine ability Field Repairs or Allied War Machine, although on bridge maps it is a ton more harder to do, especially Achelous River, where there is no space to flank and shot blockers everywhere.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)