Explore GameReplays...

Universe at War

kamal re'x

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Struja Nov 14 2007, 15:21 PM
did anybody try to counter variants with his abduct ability ?
this occurred to me after watching the heroes videos, that if the novus attacks with the variants and vertigo, a H player should have the same ammount of time to get a kamal re'x, and after the variants get to the base, he might be able to abduct them, if he can time it good....

i dont have the beta, so i dont know if you have enough money to do this (or time for that matter)...
any thoughts ?

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Lugas Nov 14 2007, 20:28 PM
He comes out too late and you've lost too much by the time he's come out.

Or rather, spending nearly all of your starting money to get him kinda forces you to lose out on too much, but since hierarchy doesn't really have a shot in hell of winning v. novus anyways, who cares.

This post has been edited by Lugas: Nov 14 2007, 20:29 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Malid Nov 25 2007, 20:07 PM
Fast rex could counter vertigo rush, provided everything be played properly by the hierarchy player. But really all the novus player has to do is not use vertigo for a quick win. Vertigo can out range pretty much everything, including Rex, so one to one vertigo wins that fight. but a pure variant rush would work much better anyway, Kamal might work, but its a gamble, and you have to be a beast at micro'ing him.

+
# 4Lugas Nov 27 2007, 08:01 AM
Fast rex could counter vertigo rush, provided everything be played properly by the hierarchy player.
No. It can't.

Neither can it stop a variant rush. You essentially give the victory to your opponent by means of stopping your entire economy to stop the first 5 of a constant stream of 4 assembler's worth of units. Vertigo isn't going to be attacking kamal, he's going to be killing your carvers and reapers, and there's really nothing you can do to stop him if you got kamal.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5erez87 Nov 27 2007, 13:24 PM
QUOTE(Lugas @ Nov 27 2007, 10:01 AM) *

No. It can't.

Neither can it stop a variant rush. You essentially give the victory to your opponent by means of stopping your entire economy to stop the first 5 of a constant stream of 4 assembler's worth of units. Vertigo isn't going to be attacking kamal, he's going to be killing your carvers and reapers, and there's really nothing you can do to stop him if you got kamal.

Unless Kamal is close by so he could do a force-wall blocking Vertigo... Than Vertigo would have to come closer or go away.. And against air units Kamal has a nice attack that throws them away, doesn't he?

Game: Universe at War

+
# 6AsTheRuinsFall Nov 27 2007, 16:41 PM
Force wall doesn't stop vertigo, he just flys around it and finds a different target.

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 7Malid Nov 29 2007, 21:50 PM
Kamal can't counter vertigo, true, though i never said that, i said he would be valuable against the vertigo rush, which does not only vertigo, or only variants. With a smaller number of variants, you can concentrate everyone except kamal on anti-vertigo, then concentrate Kamal on getting rid of the variants.

This post has been edited by Malid: Nov 29 2007, 21:51 PM

+
# 8monkeyeater May 5 2008, 22:02 PM
Couldn't you (VS. Novus) start out with a small pop cap and small resources to hold them off for a little bit? And build a walker really fast?

+
# 9vb4 May 6 2008, 14:56 PM
Small popcap = imbalanced...

Game: Universe at War

+
# 10monkeyeater May 14 2008, 01:13 AM
dang ur right never thought of that.......... think up of a new idea frusty.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)