Explore GameReplays...

Universe at War

The question thread.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1vOddy Jun 14 2010, 23:22 PM
Ask any specific Universe at War related question here, and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. smile.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 2Defender N8 Jul 8 2010, 21:58 PM
I'm not sure if this is the best area to ask, but anyway... Has anyone tried sending a completely unupgraded Habitat walker on the offense early game to buy time? I'm starting to wonder myself if that could work as Habitat walker has roughly the same health as a single light-mode peace bringer (baring armor vs damage types) so it might work better than the ususal all out rush as it would have a lower resource cost (2000RM for unupgraded versus 8000RM or so for a fully upgraded one).

+
# 3vaL4r Jul 11 2010, 19:09 PM
:o

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 4vOddy Jan 25 2011, 13:20 PM
QUOTE(Defender N8 @ Jul 8 2010, 23:58 PM) *

I'm not sure if this is the best area to ask, but anyway... Has anyone tried sending a completely unupgraded Habitat walker on the offense early game to buy time? I'm starting to wonder myself if that could work as Habitat walker has roughly the same health as a single light-mode peace bringer (baring armor vs damage types) so it might work better than the ususal all out rush as it would have a lower resource cost (2000RM for unupgraded versus 8000RM or so for a fully upgraded one).

Vs Novus and Masari (especially Masari) a Habitat grunt rush is good. But sending one before you have any reapers is bad. You should still make 3 reapers before the Habitat Walker. Then put cost optimizers or production speed increasers on the legs in any combination (More cost optimizers will give you more money over for other things, but fewer grunts for the rush). Make grunts nonstop while you get more reapers, and send the walker against the enemy.

So to answer your question: Yes, it's good if you do it like I described, but doing just one habitat right off the bat is horrible. Waste of 2000 raw material.

+
# 5R Schneider Jan 26 2011, 23:08 PM
With only campaign experience,
  1. How does one approach online gaming,
  2. Can I play as Novus and rush everyone and everything with Ohm bots?
  3. Failing b), is there a faction most suited to beginners?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6vOddy Mar 17 2013, 19:33 PM
QUOTE(R Schneider @ Jan 27 2011, 01:08 AM) *

With only campaign experience,
  1. How does one approach online gaming,
  2. Can I play as Novus and rush everyone and everything with Ohm bots?

1: Just focus on the fundamentals, and you will win. Make lots of stuff, spend all your money. You will win lots, because a lot of players are really bad and don't do anything. They have idle constructors, unspent money, and so on.
2: Yes. You can do pretty much anything you want to. I've won games with only corruptors. Obviously if you play vs someone serious / good, it won't work, but generally, yes.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)