Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

ladder wars?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DuneTiger Oct 16 2021, 09:05 AM
surely we have a lw resurgence gg

also if we do can we make cc and RC3 maps ranked?

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2eXs.bikefan Oct 16 2021, 10:14 AM
Pretty much no one cares about the ladder.

About 4 people are interested in new maps so getting new ranked maps will be a tough task.

Also, in order to make maps ranked they need to be compiled in a certain way and I think (among the people who are left in TW) only Luvaskot and I know how to do that.

This post has been edited by eXs.bikefan: Oct 16 2021, 10:22 AM

+
# 3DuneTiger Oct 16 2021, 11:12 AM
QUOTE(eXs.bikefan @ Oct 16 2021, 20:14 PM) *

I know how to do that.

i fail to see the issue than biggrin.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4eXs.bikefan Oct 16 2021, 11:30 AM
QUOTE(DuneTiger @ Oct 16 2021, 11:12 AM) *

i fail to see the issue than biggrin.gif

It will not revive ladder wars (the monthly GR event), no one cares about the ladder anyway (there were a few redzone guys who were interested in the 1v1 ladder in past but that is another story), it will not make anyone play the new maps who is not playing them already, it is wasted effort by the people who would be undergoing said effort.

We've had about 20+ new maps already (made by me, Luvaskot, Technique, TrollSubject-A) but you won't get more than 3 people to play them. The overwhelming majority wants the 8 EA maps and nothing else. Ultimately, it is demoralizing; you would undergo that effort to get responses like "this is shit", "this is bad", "I do not want these maps", "I do not want to download this" (ranked maps are not transferable in game, everyone needs to download them manually), "why do you make new maps for a dead game". What people tell to cgf about 1.03, that is what you would get if you invested your time into compiling new maps.

If I had to put in 1 sentence: whoever wants to play new maps can do so already, whoever does not want to play them will not change their opinion just because they were made ranked.

If there was interest in the ladder I'd compile the maps myself and help ToxicShock with the rest of the process but the low post count in this topic will tell you that almost no one cares about new maps, ranked maps or the ladder.

This post has been edited by eXs.bikefan: Oct 16 2021, 11:46 AM

+
# 5eXs.bikefan Oct 16 2021, 17:14 PM
I had forgotten that I have a few ready-to-be-made-ranked-maps compiled already.

Attached Image

You can tell by the non-circular badge before the second Dustbowl map that the game recognizes it as a ranked map. It's the non-poker variant of Dustbowl with some bug-fixes. However, it takes some more work to make it appear as ranked (game shows the ranked map badge but it does not show up yet if you host a ranked lobby) and an installer is needed, otherwise people would need to copy/paste the maps manually and all of that is not really worth the effort.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)