Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

RotWK Lag Minimization Discussion

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41T3ARiderofRohan Oct 25 2017, 16:51 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Oct 25 2017, 10:28 AM) *

If it were possible, what would you do? Make from scratch or try to reverse-engineer the engine?

Dunno how popular all the SAGE engine games still are, but I'd assume many people would benefit from having something like "openSAGE". That said, it'd be extremely time consuming.

Here's a list of the games:
Command & Conquer: Generals
Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II: The Rise of the Witch-king
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

I was only joking, I have no idea how to do either tbh, but if it was possible and legal, I wouldn't mind helping out in the art department if it means a potential bfme 3 lol.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 42brabox Oct 25 2017, 17:44 PM
QUOTE(T3ARiderofRohan @ Oct 25 2017, 17:51 PM) *

I was only joking, I have no idea how to do either tbh, but if it was possible and legal, I wouldn't mind helping out in the art department if it means a potential bfme 3 lol.

It wouldn't be bfme3, but a 100% moddable (and portable) bfme engine that can read the art/code of bfme1/2/rotwk games and execute them. There are various example of older games where communities have done a similar thing. Whether it'd be easy for SAGE is another question. I can't say if it's feasible.

Reducing offhost delay would be very easy after the above is accomplished.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 43Darc Reaver Oct 26 2017, 10:19 AM
QUOTE(brabox @ Oct 24 2017, 17:09 PM) *

Just to be clear: don't test your framerate in multiplayer. It's gonna get influenced by other players.

One thing about frame rates/lag.

I noticed a long time ago that the game performance drops significantly when the HDD option "index data for faster searching" is enabled for BFME/CnC folders.

- right click BFME/CnC Generals folder
- select properties
- unselect the check that says "allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"
- when asked if only the folder or all data hit "all data" and then wait, will take a while

IPB Image

I don't know why, but on several systems this increase the overall game performance A LOT. On my old PC it was an increase of more than 50%, from massive stuttering to decent FPS all game, ranging from 1v1 to 4v4.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 44Johann Tilly Nov 7 2017, 01:08 AM
QUOTE(Darc Reaver @ Oct 26 2017, 10:19 AM) *

One thing about frame rates/lag.

I noticed a long time ago that the game performance drops significantly when the HDD option "index data for faster searching" is enabled for BFME/CnC folders.

- right click BFME/CnC Generals folder
- select properties
- unselect the check that says "allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"
- when asked if only the folder or all data hit "all data" and then wait, will take a while

IPB Image

I don't know why, but on several systems this increase the overall game performance A LOT. On my old PC it was an increase of more than 50%, from massive stuttering to decent FPS all game, ranging from 1v1 to 4v4.

Cool. I will do this.^^ To all: And about HD Edition: You dont need it, if you use Sweetfx for bfme series.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)