Explore GameReplays...

Dota 2

Clash of clans

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Gage Mar 26 2015, 22:48 PM
At least, that's how I look at wars and its loot. I know that's different for everyone else. Not everyone is off work atm and has that many hours to farm biggrin.gif

Gage

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 22Mad-eye21 Mar 26 2015, 23:29 PM
QUOTE(Gage @ Mar 26 2015, 18:43 PM) *

Well don't worry about that here. Most our guys are extremely inexperience with attacking. This practice war, 25% of our attacks went without CC troops of any kind....even our leader does that. That's like CW 101 right there. So I think they are safe. And, honestly, maybe they won't feel as much pressure and will be more encouraged to do more/better here.

And about the war loot. Being honest mang, war loot is nice, but I can make a LOT more loot using the time I do for CWs by raiding. A two hours sess with boosted barracks, will net me 3.5-4 million in gold on average (how I know that, those black walls were a nightmare to farm up. So I calculated how many 2 hours boosts it would take me. Don't ask how many it ended up being. We will both be disappointed in my poor use of time lol). I can do 2-3 raids looking for inactive bases and make as much as I would get in a normal war. Even without the boosts, that would take me, maybe 30ish minutes using Barch. My passive income is only $500K a day. At TH9-10, you can't live on war loot and passive collector income. If you want the nice stuff, you gotta raid for it.

Gage

I kinda look at it the same way it's to be used as a bonus when you need it. I mean think of how many times you've just have a been just about to upgrade but you need a lil boost to get over the edge. Plus the more we win the quicker that we can level up the clan perks and get better sheet from it. Whenever we hit 5 and get the +1 upgrade gonna be big I think

+
# 23Gage Mar 27 2015, 00:26 AM
QUOTE(Mad-eye21 @ Mar 26 2015, 16:29 PM) *

I kinda look at it the same way it's to be used as a bonus when you need it. I mean think of how many times you've just have a been just about to upgrade but you need a lil boost to get over the edge. Plus the more we win the quicker that we can level up the clan perks and get better sheet from it. Whenever we hit 5 and get the +1 upgrade gonna be big I think

I can agree with that, it's a nice extra thing. But the practice wars atm are temporary and designed to get the clan into a better warring mode. It has worked so far. We've done like 5 of these. We typically only do it once a week as that the amount of time most have for it. We don't want to wear people out like DW got.

And yea, those clan perks are nice. Heck, getting to level 3 will be big. Extra loot and can donate more.

Gage

+
# 24Mad-eye21 Mar 27 2015, 16:45 PM
I got question how hard is it to read the change log? Amanda feature for opting in and out of the clan war has been in for you know a couple of months now I think has no one tried to click it say oh this mean I'm in or out sleep.gif

And yeah I can see that is a good idea I just hate to lose practice are not

Did you ever talk to unbreakable about coming back?

+
# 25Gage Mar 27 2015, 20:12 PM
QUOTE(Mad-eye21 @ Mar 27 2015, 09:45 AM) *

I got question how hard is it to read the change log? Amanda feature for opting in and out of the clan war has been in for you know a couple of months now I think has no one tried to click it say oh this mean I'm in or out sleep.gif
And yeah I can see that is a good idea I just hate to lose practice are not
Did you ever talk to unbreakable about coming back?

I know....it would be super simple to do that. But tbh, I don't think a lot of these peeps pay attention to any of that. Sadly.

Umm, I did a bit ago and he said he burnt himself out on it. He hated it when he would get raided by someone two THs higher than him and wreck his base for like $150K in gold. Drove him nuts because there is literally nothing he can do to stop that. Of course, this was before we all started putting out THs on the outside of the base and learned how to attack in CWs. I feel like he'd enjoy it a lot more now. Especially now that you've joined.

Idk, you are always welcome to ask him tho.

Gage

+
# 26Mad-eye21 Mar 28 2015, 04:25 AM
WHY WE FIND THIS CLAN FOR THE WAR SEEET BABY JESUS AHHHH XD we gonna get pummeled unless I miss my guess. But who knows maybe well get lucky and they suck at attacking

+
# 27Gage Mar 28 2015, 22:52 PM
Yea, this clan is the overall roughest I've seen. Tho, my opponent, #1, is light years easier than this week's practice war lol

Gage

+
# 28Mad-eye21 Mar 29 2015, 04:34 AM
Yeah I won't disagree with that lol you had a rough draw on him. Mines about equal I think.

I think a clan mail message might would be useful just to remind ppl to try and attack their opposite before attacking someone else. Previous clans I was in we did that just to remind people of the battle plan

I don't understand the all wiz raid....... Wtf was that about?

+
# 29Gage Mar 29 2015, 19:26 PM
QUOTE(Mad-eye21 @ Mar 28 2015, 21:34 PM) *

Yeah I won't disagree with that lol you had a rough draw on him. Mines about equal I think.

I think a clan mail message might would be useful just to remind ppl to try and attack their opposite before attacking someone else. Previous clans I was in we did that just to remind people of the battle plan

I don't understand the all wiz raid....... Wtf was that about?

I have no idea. JJ's never done that before. I think he might have been trying something out? Maybe he's close to having something and didn't want to spend elixir on a dragon attack or DE on hogs? Idk.

And honestly mang, I don't mind losing the practice war at all. But I get double upset when we lose the real war tho. That is the entire point of the practice war, so we can win these ones. And we are losing against a moron of a clan....they don't know how to attack. Their higher guys drop down and attack lower guys. We should be winning this. And, us winning, shouldn't rely on Dustin and I getting 10-12 stars in our 4 attacks. We do have off days.

I haven't seen a clan yet that has as much attacking skill as us. Yet we lose too often.

I'm going to suggest to JJ that we drop the next real war down to 10 people. Idc about the practice war, but the real war, people need to attack or not be a part of the war. We've used just over half our attacks....and most of those attacks were from our bottom half guys.

Gage

This post has been edited by Gage: Mar 29 2015, 19:35 PM

+
# 30Gage Mar 29 2015, 19:31 PM
Also, hey, who are your mates that have joined? It was Cally and Lord and?

Gage

+
# 31Mad-eye21 Mar 29 2015, 20:10 PM
Cally, Grayson and Tyler

And yeah pretty frustrating and people attacking the wrong people.

I really have to do a couple of things

1) get my queen to 5
2) get my cc to 30
3) get my golem to 2.

My last attack my golems went down way to fast

+
# 32Gage Mar 29 2015, 20:32 PM
QUOTE(Mad-eye21 @ Mar 29 2015, 13:10 PM) *

Cally, Grayson and Tyler
And yeah pretty frustrating and people attacking the wrong people.

I really have to do a couple of things

1) get my queen to 5
2) get my cc to 30
3) get my golem to 2.

My last attack my golems went down way to fast

Well, getting that extra camp space is probably more useful than all those. But you are working on those atm.

Yea, that's the other things I've been thinking about for myself as well. Like you, I'm still in the inbetween in being able to do attacking like I want too. I should have upped balloons first, so I could HoLo. The lvl 5 hogs are super nice, but if you have a good plan, the lvl 4 will work. But lvl 5 balloons just can't do it. You need those sexy black loons.

I think, I'm going to at least sit out the next practice war. Maybe next Friday's war. My loons will be built in 8 days. I'm going to farm up my DE barracks to lvl 6 tonight, so I'll have lava hounds in 9 days. It's just too frustrating. I feel like my hands are tied atm.

So Jed is not one of them, ok, that's what I needed to know. He might get the boot if he doesn't attack/isn't doing much because he's a TH 9, and thus brings in a TH9 for us to face.

Gage

+
# 33Mad-eye21 Mar 29 2015, 21:01 PM
QUOTE(Gage @ Mar 29 2015, 16:32 PM) *

Well, getting that extra camp space is probably more useful than all those. But you are working on those atm.

Yea, that's the other things I've been thinking about for myself as well. Like you, I'm still in the inbetween in being able to do attacking like I want too. I should have upped balloons first, so I could HoLo. The lvl 5 hogs are super nice, but if you have a good plan, the lvl 4 will work. But lvl 5 balloons just can't do it. You need those sexy black loons.

I think, I'm going to at least sit out the next practice war. Maybe next Friday's war. My loons will be built in 8 days. I'm going to farm up my DE barracks to lvl 6 tonight, so I'll have lava hounds in 9 days. It's just too frustrating. I feel like my hands are tied atm.

So Jed is not one of them, ok, that's what I needed to know. He might get the boot if he doesn't attack/isn't doing much because he's a TH 9, and thus brings in a TH9 for us to face.

Gage

Nah he's not with us. And yeah getting the extra 20 will be huge as well. First one just finished today, should have enough in a few more days of raiding.

By the way can you move me up to co-leader? I'd like to post messages and crap

+
# 34Mad-eye21 Mar 29 2015, 21:04 PM
And I need to get better Giants also or better hogs so I can draw out more troops gah

+
# 35Gage Mar 29 2015, 21:07 PM
Yea, the funny thing about the elixir is, you never have enough when you need it. But a soon as you get certain things upgraded (lab, spell factory, camp fires, DE drills), your need for it drops dramatically. I'm almost to that point atm. I have 3 more upgrades on my DE barracks and one more on both my DE drills. Then, I no longer need it desperately anymore for the next 5-6 months I'm on TH9 lol. Can start putting it towards those lego walls and CC troops for wars.

I've been thinking about that as well. As soon as Dustin's off work, I'll ask him if JJ would be cool with that. I don't think it will be a problem.

Gage

+
# 36Mad-eye21 Mar 30 2015, 15:47 PM
Yeah no kidding I'm working on upping my 2nd DE so that to at least Gol's so that when I do up my other one to get Witches/LH I won't be without them and that takes a shat ton of E

Last two wars I've been pretty happy with my base tho I think it's held up pretty dang well, a lot better than my previous ones.

+
# 37Mad-eye21 Mar 30 2015, 19:42 PM
http://www.onehiveclan.com/blog/alhalla-fi...lkyrie-handbook

This looks cool biggrin.gif I'm gonna try it for shits and giggles

+
# 38Gage Mar 30 2015, 20:06 PM
Lol yes! That will be fun. I forgot that OneHive has more than a youtube channel biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Gage

+
# 39Mad-eye21 Mar 30 2015, 20:44 PM
You ever get a chance to ask JJ about co-leader?

+
# 40Gage Mar 31 2015, 00:15 AM
QUOTE(Mad-eye21 @ Mar 30 2015, 13:44 PM) *

You ever get a chance to ask JJ about co-leader?

DV's gonna talk to him today.

Gage

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)