Explore GameReplays...

Dota 2

Clanwars Q&A

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Gage Jun 24 2015, 20:16 PM
Curly, I know there are going to be a lot of questions regarding CWs. So ask away here.

Here are a few questions I'm sure you will have.
  • You will use your own units and spells from your normal base to attack bases on the CW map.
  • You get two attacks per war. You cannot attack the same opponent more than once.
  • Your reinforcements troops on the CW map are NOT the reinforcements you will use when attacking on the CWs map. You must asking for cc troops like normal before attacking.
  • If you are attacked multiple times on the CWs map, traps and reinforcement troops automatically restore for each attack.
  • Each war is a 2 day process. The first day is set up. This is when troops are donated to your CWs map base, you can make changes to your CWs map base. The second day is the war day. You get 2 attacks.
  • During the first 24 hours, any building on your normal base that finishes upgrading, will automatically upgrade on your war base. However, once the set up time ends, any upgrades will not port over to your war base.

Ask any other questions you might have.

Gage

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2Sevy Jun 24 2015, 23:34 PM
What if my regular base is attacked after I request cc troops and they disappear during defense? How do I keep those troops just for the cw?

Also, about to have a builder freed up, should I upgrade the big bomb or build new cannons/towers

Game: Graphics

+
# 3Mad-eye21 Jun 24 2015, 23:43 PM
I'd go for thr big bomb personally.

Just try to time it do when you do attack for CW you do it around when you have a shield up. That way you can't lose the troops you have

+
# 4Gage Jun 25 2015, 00:14 AM
QUOTE(Sevy @ Jun 24 2015, 16:34 PM) *

What if my regular base is attacked after I request cc troops and they disappear during defense? How do I keep those troops just for the cw?

Also, about to have a builder freed up, should I upgrade the big bomb or build new cannons/towers

If you lose them in an attack, they are not gone. For the attacking side, there is no separation. So you will have to re-request. It sucks. But do what Mad said, and try to time things up.

Do both. Big bomb only takes 6 hours. Then get the rest of stuff out there that you can. This will not effect the algorithm for this match, because the search already placed us. Just remember, anything still building/upgrading after the prep day ends, doesn't count on the war day.

Gage

+
# 5Sevy Jun 25 2015, 00:54 AM
Yeah I'm bummed because there's only 30 mins seperating the CC upgrade and war start time xD

By the time we war again I should be able to maximize all the defenses at this th level smile.gif

+
# 6Gage Jun 25 2015, 01:23 AM
QUOTE(Sevy @ Jun 24 2015, 17:54 PM) *

Yeah I'm bummed because there's only 30 mins seperating the CC upgrade and war start time xD

By the time we war again I should be able to maximize all the defenses at this th level smile.gif

Curly, are you on a phone or computer when on GR?

Gage

+
# 7Sevy Jun 25 2015, 01:54 AM
Mix of both. I'm on my computer now. Usually phone though.

+
# 8Gage Jun 25 2015, 02:31 AM
QUOTE(Sevy @ Jun 24 2015, 18:54 PM) *

Mix of both. I'm on my computer now. Usually phone though.

Ok, trying to figure out what format would be easiest for you if I post youtube videos. Just a simple link or the embedded kind.

Btw, go subscribe to One Hive Raids on youtube. They are our CWs bread and butter. They are one of the best clans in the game.

Gage

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)