Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

airborne is impossible

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 61GiveMeABreak Mar 1 2013, 11:02 AM
Im no better rank than you, but just a few things I noticed that might help:

1:00 He early capped your west fuel, could have easily prevented that with PG when you saw it flashing, or at least caused a lot of damage to that engineer.

3:00 Total waste of a g43 suppress, only worth it against high damage units like flamers, or at least when there is another unit to deal damage, he was always going to just move away until suppresion ended. That may as well have been a 2nd G43 unit.

7:30 suicide ran all your troops into 2 rifles in green cover in an attempt to engage the sniper, when you had an AC just arriving, why not try set the trap yourself and chase sniper with AC. If USA starts using a sniper, just think of it like USA would to take out double werh MGs, take the time to set up a huge flank so you can nail the sniper. They are obviously fragile on retreat. It will be well worth it to get the kill.

~10:00 there were several mins of your units idling while you had the full map. USA will come back from this if you let them once they hit unit compesition (we all know). You were scorched earth, you could have wired everything to death and got another mortar, maybe got T1 and OPd all high munis for sector arty or maybe got a couple marders and pushed on his base, obviously using PGs + ACs defensivly when his inf pushes back. To me it feels better to dictate the game with PE, so if your busy occupying his base, he cant set up the perfect attack, also you were SE again, so booby all points before you attack his base, perfect! Even a quick teck to Panthers might have been really nice here, 2 panthers (plus the mortar!) would take out the 2 57's head on, and then your vehicle force mops up his inf easy.

15:00 AC was definatly home dry past the 2nd 57, it really should have got out of there before the 1st inevitably turned to kill it.

20:00 Floating 1k manpower.. for what? a scout car..? Youve now spent 10 mins doing not much at all, allowing US to set up exactly what he wants to counter everything you have. That 10 mins should have been pressuring him, or at least setting up amazing traps on the map.

Rather than using sector arty as a responsive thing for one unit (then its useless), try to force the issue yourself, i.e. decap the left cut off leave one unit for LOS and then attack with everything else on the otherside, if he moves out to cap the strat point, sector arty it. He WANTS it, but cant have it.

21:00 blob finds your parked vampire, you had enough muni for 2 goliaths if you had wanted, and there are pelnty of spots for it to cloak there, that could have ended all his snipers.

24:00 FLOATING 1500 manpower!!! ohmy.gif your handing him the game by this point. Panthers could have been out, forcing the issue with his ATG and smashing his base up. (panthers, probably followed by a berg?).

your manpower continues to rise, touching 1700! considering you got him down to 16 VPs, do you not think you could have finisdhed him with 1700 manpower extra units. Yes that army was quite annoying with the snipers, but you gave him room to build it.

Not trying to criticise.. just help. Im teaching myself here just as much.

In summary, you didnt manage to take out a single 57, or sniper all game. You need to work on techniques to kill these units. If you have map control like you did, panthers and a mortar will RAPE a couple 57's.

This post has been edited by GiveMeABreak: Mar 1 2013, 11:08 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 62regnar1194 Mar 1 2013, 13:42 PM
QUOTE(GiveMeABreak @ Mar 1 2013, 07:02 AM) *

Im no better rank than you, but just a few things I noticed that might help:
1:00 He early capped your west fuel, could have easily prevented that with PG when you saw it flashing, or at least caused a lot of damage to that engineer.
3:00 Total waste of a g43 suppress, only worth it against high damage units like flamers, or at least when there is another unit to deal damage, he was always going to just move away until suppresion ended. That may as well have been a 2nd G43 unit.
7:30 suicide ran all your troops into 2 rifles in green cover in an attempt to engage the sniper, when you had an AC just arriving, why not try set the trap yourself and chase sniper with AC. If USA starts using a sniper, just think of it like USA would to take out double werh MGs, take the time to set up a huge flank so you can nail the sniper. They are obviously fragile on retreat. It will be well worth it to get the kill.
~10:00 there were several mins of your units idling while you had the full map. USA will come back from this if you let them once they hit unit compesition (we all know). You were scorched earth, you could have wired everything to death and got another mortar, maybe got T1 and OPd all high munis for sector arty or maybe got a couple marders and pushed on his base, obviously using PGs + ACs defensivly when his inf pushes back. To me it feels better to dictate the game with PE, so if your busy occupying his base, he cant set up the perfect attack, also you were SE again, so booby all points before you attack his base, perfect! Even a quick teck to Panthers might have been really nice here, 2 panthers (plus the mortar!) would take out the 2 57's head on, and then your vehicle force mops up his inf easy.
15:00 AC was definatly home dry past the 2nd 57, it really should have got out of there before the 1st inevitably turned to kill it.
20:00 Floating 1k manpower.. for what? a scout car..? Youve now spent 10 mins doing not much at all, allowing US to set up exactly what he wants to counter everything you have. That 10 mins should have been pressuring him, or at least setting up amazing traps on the map.
Rather than using sector arty as a responsive thing for one unit (then its useless), try to force the issue yourself, i.e. decap the left cut off leave one unit for LOS and then attack with everything else on the otherside, if he moves out to cap the strat point, sector arty it. He WANTS it, but cant have it.
21:00 blob finds your parked vampire, you had enough muni for 2 goliaths if you had wanted, and there are pelnty of spots for it to cloak there, that could have ended all his snipers.
24:00 FLOATING 1500 manpower!!! ohmy.gif your handing him the game by this point. Panthers could have been out, forcing the issue with his ATG and smashing his base up. (panthers, probably followed by a berg?).
your manpower continues to rise, touching 1700! considering you got him down to 16 VPs, do you not think you could have finisdhed him with 1700 manpower extra units. Yes that army was quite annoying with the snipers, but you gave him room to build it.
Not trying to criticise.. just help. Im teaching myself here just as much.

In summary, you didnt manage to take out a single 57, or sniper all game. You need to work on techniques to kill these units. If you have map control like you did, panthers and a mortar will RAPE a couple 57's.

I welcome your advice, not going to get defensive about it. I realized myself I was floating manpower, especially towards the end. Major part of it is trying to decide what to build, my 4 man squads were getting liquidated in one fell swoop from snipers, Tried very hard to get the snipers, losing that one squad early trying to get sniper, certainly didnt mean to lose the squad but I will trade one pg squad for a 340 MP sniper. Thought I could slow him and take him out and hit the retreat before the rifles in green could take me out.

Tried everything, I mean seriously and this isnt addressed at your criticism but at the game itself. He had ATG's that were killing my vehicles, infantry is getting wiped out in one second from the laser snipers, as far as having muni's for two goliaths, I was aware of high muni but wanted an excess for sector arty to try and take the snipers out there, did build one goliath. I should have teched to Panthers sooner, but as soon as you see this happening its almost like you know what the result is going to be, having seen it happen just a couple of nights ago, he has an AT wall backed by snipers that you almost have no hope of getting by, he mines the flanks against AC overdrive and you might as well as say goodnight. Part of me still thought I could manage the VP victory, hell he had only 16 vp's left but we saw the result. Of course I will try to be better the next time but you cant tell me that PE isnt flawed seriously. I was trying to get CP's for Hummel at the end but every engagement was one sided.

Another side note on Goliaths, they make a distinctive sound so an opposing player is going to know they are around. There was a time when I did extensive trials with goliaths and they just dont work as well as you want them too. They are good at taking units out on the periphery, areas where the opposing player might not be playing attention, the reason this is, is because once you start them they take a long time to get going, they do pick up speed, but it is a fragile unit and so easily taken out by almost any kind of fire. Placing them in a position to take out snipers isnt easy, especially on Ango with all the open space on one side of the map, you have better luck taking out squads because you can place them near points where you know a squad is going to go and try to cap, a sniper isnt going to cap and he is going to be placed near an mg or an ATG usually.

This post has been edited by regnar1194: Mar 1 2013, 14:24 PM

+
# 63GiveMeABreak Mar 2 2013, 21:15 PM

It is hard work vs AB, but you should and could have won this particular example just by doing a few things dif.

Best way to use goliaths is to position them near choke and just wait patiently for the right moment even if that takes 10 mins. Or use AC to bait stuff.

The 4 snipers was super nasty, but the point is you had the opportunity to prevent him getting to that.

+
# 64Porygon Mar 4 2013, 19:31 PM
For the Hitman guy

Airborne? 57mm? Just kill them, he even got no map control
ofc no manpower for snipers

and lol his biggest mistake is getting BAR
all his BAR is on my G43 squad, making them beast, and his BAR squad much much weaker laugh.gif

it's all about skill

This post has been edited by Porygon: Mar 4 2013, 19:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File airborne_wutr8gameminorversiongamemajorversionzgameversion199.117372_042711_091818matchna.rec
Size: 674.35k
Number of downloads: 20
Player Name Side Team
IIEXITIIIOzO 1
NegaNebulas 2

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)