Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

anicdotes

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1kamikazesamurai Jan 4 2018, 11:26 AM
first of all you have to excuse my spelling its rather horrible. but hey its not a beauty contest. so this other day i was playing a game with a very good and competent squad leader. we where going all tactical and emmersive it was epic. till the point came we had to defend a cap point for a dubble neutral. so we HAD to keep that point otherwise we would lose. sounds epic right! well... till when you realise you become what you hate.... a camper.... i swaer i was in one house at one particuar door for so long i developed Stockholm syndrome for it. so in the end i got killed... by a friendly nade well yeah lets just leave the exessive language out here. and our team lost... by 3 tickets i mean really! i could not shake the feeling of hate for that last grenade the whole evening. talking about an rollercoaster ride. but all is fair in love and war 10/10 would hug that door again!

share youre story and maybe even some screenshots?? would be nice!

+
# 2Maru Jan 4 2018, 17:16 PM
Ah dude awesome story! I definitely agree that the Squad leader has the power to make the game either nothing more than a glorified FPS, or a fully fun and tactical milsim full of immersion.

I once lost a game by two points, the problem at the start is that people have so many tickets they give up all the time and waste vehicle assets. If people treated the first ticket like they treat the last ticket, games would be easier to win.

My anecdote was on the Narva Map, and I was playing with Zild. We were getting smashed on Charlie checkpoint which is north of the centre point of the Narva map, and so Zild and I decided to flank to the west and then south to try and put up a rally point south of the railway track to move on the Russian held Delta objective.

The streets were lined with enemy infantry and armour, so we had to be incredibly sneaky. As we're moving south, we spot the aforementioned enemy and I quickly tell Zild to go prone and NOT engage the enemy. He replies that

Zild: "They're looking right at us we need to fire"
General: "NO Don't fire mate they haven't seen us, I'm pretty certain of it"

Zild and I both hold fire and go prone in a small patch of grass just off of the main road which is made of pavement. Two enemy infantry walk past us West to East AND a BTR armoured vehicle literally drives past us two feet away. We hid right underneath a fuck load (that's a technical measurement for LOADS) of enemy and managed to get away without being spotted.

I remarked that it was like the sniper mission from CoD 4 but alas, Zild has not playing the game sad.gif So just for you Zild, here is a picture from the sniper mission on CoD 4 along with a video.

IPB Image

Watch from 4:35 to 6:00 in.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Zild Jan 4 2018, 19:41 PM
This is why I occasionally shoot corpses in the head, just in case they aren't actually dead. That, and to satisfy my lust for revenge. wink.gif

+
# 4Maru Jan 5 2018, 11:13 AM
laugh.gif Mate I saw you with your 7-4 score yesterday while the rest of us were having a disastrous game.

+
# 5Zild Jan 5 2018, 18:22 PM
So most of our existing clan members were there during this, but let's record it for posterity before my dementia sets in...

Playing that godawful desert invasion map on QFF2, we've got most of the clan together in a squad. Although none of us care for invasion things are actually going rather well and I personally have yet to die. Tragically I get fragged, and just as I am chastising the enemy for having to use a grenade as they can't aim for shit, I here the dulcet northern tones of clan member Beast - our SL - apologise that it was in fact his grenade.

So I dutifully wait for a medic, suggesting to our esteemed SL that he may like to at least bandage me to stop me bleeding out in the meantime, but he does not. My life flashes before my eyes. Several times. In fact I am lying waiting for the medics for so long that I start getting bored of reruns of the Zild's Life show.

Finally one of our medics starts bandaging me. It is at that precise moment that my heart gives out.

But on the bright side: back into the fray! I push up on a relatively undefended Radio Tower and start dropping machine gunners with my trusty rifleman's scope. I kill three, maybe four. Then out of nowhere: BOOM!

Raven, our squad member who had only earlier that very game been accepted into the clan, apologises profusely for his grenade which managed to kill three of our team.

I survived the rest of the fight, which of course we won be over 200 tickets. About 6 kills but 2 deaths - both to grenades from members of both our squad and clan.

+
# 6Maru Jan 5 2018, 19:27 PM
QUOTE(Zild @ Jan 5 2018, 19:22 PM) *
So most of our existing clan members were there during this, but let's record it for posterity before my dementia sets in...

Playing that godawful desert invasion map on QFF2, we've got most of the clan together in a squad. Although none of us care for invasion things are actually going rather well and I personally have yet to die. Tragically I get fragged, and just as I am chastising the enemy for having to use a grenade as they can't aim for shit, I here the dulcet northern tones of clan member Beast - our SL - apologise that it was in fact his grenade.

So I dutifully wait for a medic, suggesting to our esteemed SL that he may like to at least bandage me to stop me bleeding out in the meantime, but he does not. My life flashes before my eyes. Several times. In fact I am lying waiting for the medics for so long that I start getting bored of reruns of the Zild's Life show.

Finally one of our medics starts bandaging me. It is at that precise moment that my heart gives out.

But on the bright side: back into the fray! I push up on a relatively undefended Radio Tower and start dropping machine gunners with my trusty rifleman's scope. I kill three, maybe four. Then out of nowhere: BOOM!

Raven, our squad member who had only earlier that very game been accepted into the clan, apologises profusely for his grenade which managed to kill three of our team.

I survived the rest of the fight, which of course we won be over 200 tickets. About 6 kills but 2 deaths - both to grenades from members of both our squad and clan.

I laugh.gif (lol'd) hard at that story! I remember it well. You actually left out the part where just as you died (BOTH TIMES) General came back from being AFK just in time to hear you complain about it over the radio rofl. So fucking funny.

+
# 7Maru Jan 6 2018, 00:20 AM
EPIC game me and Kamikaze played just now, full details coming tomorrow morning wait out. A recreation of the event has been created below tongue.gif We're the guys in the house.... pro tip... we survive for ages!! and run out of bandages.

Start at 1:35

+
# 8kamikazesamurai Jan 9 2018, 10:48 AM
Let me eleborate a little bit about this epic game.
So it started off as a unsual game. Cant remember the name of the map but what i do remember that there is this little cabin on it. Why is that relevant? ill come to that.

Beginning of the match we all recieved our orders and where doing alright. We where ordered to capture this point with another squad.
This was working rather well altouhg we took a lot of casualties. But hey thats where the medic comes is.... me again haha.
i was reviving squad memebers and blueberry's (friendly's) all around.
By this point i kinda lost track of the squad and my squad members. When i died i discovered that my squad had set up a FOB in a rather good position.... Across an enemy FOB... firefight asured!

So while we where defending our FOB with tooth and nail i found myself a good spot for cover.
While i was scanning for enemys near my position i looked at the map.
I saw my SL went down near a little cabin about 60m from my current pauze. I decided that was my priority and haulted ass to revive him
(Keep in mind that i had been in the fight for a while and revived couple of teammates)

Sounds like a normal game kamikaze where does the epic part begin? well right around this little cabin i was telling you about.

So i got my SL up and yelled at him to get to cover befor i heal him. He makes a mad dash to this cabin. By this time a member of another squad joined us and started to supress the enemy. this gave me the oppertunity i needed to link up with SL in the cabin.

Then a silence felt over the battlefield only little gunfire was heard. What the hell why is it so quite. I jokingly said to SL that this was the calmt befor the storm. We had a little laught about it but didnt realise at them moment how appropriate that would turn out to be.

Afther 1 maybe 2 minutes we began to take riflefire and SL killed couple of enemys. Good job SL! but... the enemy knew we where there. This time holy hell broke lose on our position and i meen like AR shooting granades when of left and right. sl was hit again! shit oke last bandage for him! keep you gun out!

Another grenade went for shit this time its me while the bullets went wizzing by i hear SL yell he is hit as well. Well this is the end... then out of nowhere the blueberry that had surpressed the enemy for me said hes a medic and has fresh bandages. YES YES! we are still in! but this brief moment of happines soon fades with the arrival of an enemy M-rap.

This is where the clip from book of Eli come in.... that M-rap blased that cabin shooting everything while we lay down there watching all the bullets fly by we where freaking out. HOW EPIC IS THIS! its like a movie this is why i play squad this is what i want! we held for another couple of minutes all watching a door. eventually an enemy come up on the door and get the shot off on me... headshot boom gone... but SL got the revenge kill and fights on till he to is met with the same end.

Sorry for the long story i cant paint a good enought picture to explain how good it was! Next time join us and get a moment like this to!

+
# 9Maru Jan 10 2018, 00:58 AM
QUOTE(kamikazesamurai @ Jan 9 2018, 11:48 AM) *
Let me eleborate a little bit about this epic game.
So it started off as a unsual game. Cant remember the name of the map but what i do remember that there is this little cabin on it. Why is that relevant? ill come to that.

Beginning of the match we all recieved our orders and where doing alright. We where ordered to capture this point with another squad.
This was working rather well altouhg we took a lot of casualties. But hey thats where the medic comes is.... me again haha.
i was reviving squad memebers and blueberry's (friendly's) all around.
By this point i kinda lost track of the squad and my squad members. When i died i discovered that my squad had set up a FOB in a rather good position.... Across an enemy FOB... firefight asured!

So while we where defending our FOB with tooth and nail i found myself a good spot for cover.
While i was scanning for enemys near my position i looked at the map.
I saw my SL went down near a little cabin about 60m from my current pauze. I decided that was my priority and haulted ass to revive him
(Keep in mind that i had been in the fight for a while and revived couple of teammates)

Sounds like a normal game kamikaze where does the epic part begin? well right around this little cabin i was telling you about.

So i got my SL up and yelled at him to get to cover befor i heal him. He makes a mad dash to this cabin. By this time a member of another squad joined us and started to supress the enemy. this gave me the oppertunity i needed to link up with SL in the cabin.

Then a silence felt over the battlefield only little gunfire was heard. What the hell why is it so quite. I jokingly said to SL that this was the calmt befor the storm. We had a little laught about it but didnt realise at them moment how appropriate that would turn out to be.

Afther 1 maybe 2 minutes we began to take riflefire and SL killed couple of enemys. Good job SL! but... the enemy knew we where there. This time holy hell broke lose on our position and i meen like AR shooting granades when of left and right. sl was hit again! shit oke last bandage for him! keep you gun out!

Another grenade went for shit this time its me while the bullets went wizzing by i hear SL yell he is hit as well. Well this is the end... then out of nowhere the blueberry that had surpressed the enemy for me said hes a medic and has fresh bandages. YES YES! we are still in! but this brief moment of happines soon fades with the arrival of an enemy M-rap.

This is where the clip from book of Eli come in.... that M-rap blased that cabin shooting everything while we lay down there watching all the bullets fly by we where freaking out. HOW EPIC IS THIS! its like a movie this is why i play squad this is what i want! we held for another couple of minutes all watching a door. eventually an enemy come up on the door and get the shot off on me... headshot boom gone... but SL got the revenge kill and fights on till he to is met with the same end.

Sorry for the long story i cant paint a good enought picture to explain how good it was! Next time join us and get a moment like this to!

This was absolutely epic. I can't believe we survived as long as we did. We've had so many good games now that we're all playing together! May many more continue.

+
# 10Zild Jan 31 2018, 08:16 AM
Gordok, Industrial Park.

Having kept the enemy off Outpost for as long as possible, the ]NG[ militia squad have finally been pushed off and the fight has moved to Industrial Park.

With no defences to speak of, the enemy has us pinned with a cowardly Stryker in the distance, and infantry pushing in piecemeal. TheGenera1 has the HAT so no one-shot-Stryker-kill heroics fom me this game, but I spawn with the LAT kit at a rally outside the objective to circle around and get a couple of shots into the Stryker to ward him off.

After a long flanking manoeuvre I push round and get a shot into him, and thanks to coordinated (read: luckily timed) fire from elsewhere the vehicle is at least seen off, if not destroyed altogether.

As I start pushing back towards the objective the squad comms go crazy with frantic warnings from TheGenera1 and Beast - two angry yanks are heading straight towards me, fast and close.

These warnings are unecessary for two reasons:
  1. I've already seen them.
  2. Even on a good day, I can't hit anything smaller than an MRAP.

There's no chance they have not seen me so I have ducked behind a rock, and the warnings continue as I frantically switch my weapon to anything other than a HEAT round, which I've now run out of anyway.

I peak around the other side of the rock, gauging their progress based on my previous sighting. Without even spotting a target I fire a single shot, and prey that the range is enough to let my frag round arm. The squad's warnings quickly turn to cheers loud enough to drown out the explosion.

As the rest of the team mops up the remaining enemy, I saunter back towards the objective, past two US body bags in waiting, to receive a victory handshake from TheGenera1.

+
# 11Maru Feb 1 2018, 01:59 AM
That really did happen folks, I actually ran up to Zild and did a virtual handshake. That was a truly epic moment I fear cannot be described with words alone.

+
# 12Zild Feb 1 2018, 13:40 PM
I thought I did it justice. sad.gif

wink.gif

+
# 13Maru Feb 4 2018, 01:47 AM
Well v10 is fucking awesome........... drol.gif

Setting up bipod legs and smashing a whole squad running through corn fields or a bunch of terrorists from their very own minaret tower.

No rush meta with really close games..... where to even start.

+
# 14Zild Feb 4 2018, 18:19 PM
QUOTE(Maru @ Feb 4 2018, 01:47 AM) *

Well v10 is fucking awesome........... drol.gif

Setting up bipod legs and smashing a whole squad running through corn fields or a bunch of terrorists from their very own minaret tower.

No rush meta with really close games..... where to even start.

Alright, I get it. But why in the anecdotes thread of all places?!

Oh, I see it. Tenuous, General, tenuous. biggrin.gif

+
# 15Maru Feb 4 2018, 23:05 PM
laugh.gif I try Zild, I try. It's an anecdote of sorts wink.gif

+
# 16Jaguar JS Feb 7 2018, 13:48 PM
Once i bullied a SL so much they left the squad...

-hahahahahahahaahhahaaha

+
# 17Maru Feb 7 2018, 14:21 PM
Did it happen like this? Are you the guy with the bowlcut or the shades tongue.gif

+
# 18Jaguar JS Feb 7 2018, 20:27 PM
hahaahha

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)