Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Commentating and you!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41TheWord Jun 26 2010, 18:25 PM
A lot of people here are having a lot of custom 1v1 at pretty high levels, can't we have some sort of night where these are replays are kept and then fed to the commentating team? It would be REALLY nice to have replays that aren't tourney replays to be casted, as people tend to do silly mistakes and so forth in those games.
That way there are maybe 2-3 pro replays being posted every week with commentary.

I would be up for any sort of non livestream commentating it's just my voice is darned monotonic sad.gif I would be up for providing some of these replays regularly as well if there are other commentators going to be around to cast it afterward.

Game: Planetary Annihilation

+
# 42Iron_Commander Jun 28 2010, 06:59 AM
Okay so i have now been doing a little experimenting with the casting. Last night i commentated 3 replays i had from the Soren Grau Cup. I was suppose to live stream my games from todays tourney but since there was absolutely no one who knew about the tourney and since i couldn't announce it on grsupcom2 community group i decided just to spare every bodies time and not do it. Later destroyer and I played 3 1v1 games, which i live streamed. The 2 first games finished with no problems but in the third game things started to lagg, i guess it was because the game was longer with more units and bigger battles, but all in all i think it went great and i will most likely do it again if people like it or find it useful. Plz give me feedback on my work smile.gif
The streaming can be found on demand at www.livestream.com/grsupcom2

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 43TheWord Jun 28 2010, 11:49 AM
They are good games but there needs to be a good/decent player explaining what the hell is happening through the game. To be honest I think that livestream is absolutely garbage for commentating. I would much rather a replay is saved and then commentated on with a mp3 file. This means that people can listen in to whats happening yet look at what aspect of play THEY want to look on. For example a few noobish people will want to be looking at unit micro when pro players will want to be looking more at strategy and eco balance. With procaster this is impossible as the camera is dictated by someone else.

I come from the CoH community and they have excellent shoutcasters that don't use livestream at all and for me the experience was much better. Quality of the video isn't a problem then either tongue.gif

Anywho maybe I'm just old school but I would love a shoutcast on that game where somebody is able to compare the play of both players and their development as how they adapt during the game. For instance Iron went for a transport as a game ender in one of his games but Destroyer didn't have a very good game ending strategy.

So as a general point Iron, I think those replays are awesome, but I'm sure that they could be VASTLY improved by just having some commentary on you and destoryers play in the match and in my opinion having the replay accompanied by a mp3 file is the best way of delivering that.

+
# 44Iron_Commander Jun 28 2010, 17:28 PM
I totally agree with word! but i must say that the games with destroyer and I were not meant for commentating since my goal was to show a top game from a players perspective.

+
# 45BillGates91 Jun 28 2010, 19:22 PM
Im thinking about dropping live stream, its crap and i hate it, sound recording would be much easier, and gives the listener full control over it.

Game: Global Agenda

+
# 46TheWord Jun 28 2010, 19:59 PM
Shoutcast, about 16 mins. Don't judge.

Attached File(s)
Attached File WordvsRawr.mp3
Size: 4.09mb
Number of downloads: 73

+
# 47Sovietpride Jun 28 2010, 20:15 PM
How did i guess that one would come up xD

And i give the award for perviest caster to Word.

This post has been edited by Sovietpride: Jun 28 2010, 20:21 PM

+
# 48TheWord Jun 28 2010, 22:31 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File IronvsRawr.mp3
Size: 8.04mb
Number of downloads: 67

+
# 49TheWord Jun 29 2010, 00:27 AM
Warning! Due to a bug with ts3, the audio was speeded up by a severe amount. I have done all in my editing powers to change this to the actual speed of the replay, but it's still a bit off.

EDIT: I had the change spot on, so it's accurate to withing 2 seconds. No need to shy away smile.gif

This post has been edited by TheWord: Jun 29 2010, 01:58 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File IronvsWordX2.mp3
Size: 6.69mb
Number of downloads: 121

+
# 50Nephylim Sep 2 2010, 11:11 AM
Is anyone still into this? I'm probably gonna start playing again, and if i get some reasonable opponents in ranked, or one of you wants to play, I can feed you some replays.

+
# 51TheWord Sep 2 2010, 14:30 PM
Feed me decent replays and I will shoutcast them.

+
# 52-Sebra Sep 5 2010, 13:01 PM
Word, you interested in joining the commentator team?

Game: Graphics

+
# 53Sovietpride Sep 5 2010, 13:17 PM
He wouldn't.
Watch, he won't reply for aggges D:

+
# 54Nephylim Sep 7 2010, 09:30 AM
LOLOLOLOL

+
# 55-Sebra Sep 7 2010, 16:24 PM
-.-

+
# 56Cygnus A Sep 7 2010, 18:55 PM
Word's gone for a week (vacation). So yeah, nice try.

+
# 57TheWord Sep 7 2010, 18:58 PM
QUOTE(-Sebra @ Sep 5 2010, 14:01 PM) *

Word, you interested in joining the commentator team?

YES.

Still 4 days left. In Vienna atm, so keep em replays coming so I can have a massive commentating sesh when I get home.

+
# 58-Sebra Sep 7 2010, 19:25 PM
Awesome smile.gif Contact me when you're back

+
# 59FTJSpeedz Sep 9 2010, 01:21 AM
I really want to do this but my upload is about .5-.8 which is pretty bad... i dont know if thats acceptable... can sum1 tell me if it is b4 i record and comentate a vid
thx

+
# 60TheWord Sep 9 2010, 08:24 AM
QUOTE(FTJSpeedz @ Sep 9 2010, 02:21 AM) *

I really want to do this but my upload is about .5-.8 which is pretty bad... i dont know if thats acceptable... can sum1 tell me if it is b4 i record and comentate a vid
thx

You should do what I do if you really want to commentate without having much bandwidth issues.

Just watch the replay and record your voice into an mp3 of about 32 bitrate, which means it's small and managable. If you are interested I can provide you with links to a "how to" guide.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)