Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

how to extract and edit models?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Violet-n-red Jul 17 2016, 13:06 PM
i got BIG and asset extractors, as well as makeskn tool and 3DS Max 9 plugin. the thing is, i don't know if i'm missing anything and what do i really have to do.

here's what i'm doing: extracting global_common, then extracting all pieces of one units (say, all .w3x, .xml and .dds hives of ABBHIVE), then i'm throwing the whole folder with those files into makeskn so it will put together some of the .w3x'es. after that i don't know what to do - i can import some pieces of the model into 3DS max, but they will be textureless and sitting at 0,0,0 instead of hovering wherever the piece should be (say, hive sphere will lie on the floor clipping through the hive itself instead of sitting on it's place at the top of the hive).

i'm assuming i have the latest available tools, but simply not importing the right files in the right order into 3DS max.

//alternatively, getting a pack of already fully converted models will be great too.

This post has been edited by Violet-n-red: Jul 18 2016, 09:35 AM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Zypherbullet Jul 21 2016, 10:22 AM
I think the textures need to be added manually through the material option. I think its shader is already there, so you only need to add the correct images.

As for the clipping, their positions are defined in the hierarchy/skeleton file, so either it's loaded bad or not at all.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 3Luvaskot Aug 26 2016, 16:24 PM
C&C3 only read .tga and .dds textures. There is .dds viewer by Nvidia download it look the texture file and create you can print screen it and convert to .tga then edit it. Then you create _nrm.tga and _spm.tga files from this image.

If you cannot see the textures in 3ds max it is because of you need to map the textures first. There is a guide how to map the textures. I cannot write all the stuff here, there is a lot of them, and take hours.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4Violet-n-red Aug 29 2016, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Aug 26 2016, 16:24 PM) *
If you cannot see the textures in 3ds max it is because of you need to map the textures first. There is a guide how to map the textures. I cannot write all the stuff here, there is a lot of them, and take hours.

i had an impression that the latest version of 3DS Max import plugin was able to import the model with properly mapped texture, but i was messing something up.

+
# 5Zypherbullet Aug 29 2016, 13:55 PM
QUOTE(Violet-n-red @ Aug 29 2016, 15:48 PM) *

i had an impression that the latest version of 3DS Max import plugin was able to import the model with properly mapped texture, but i was messing something up.

Max 7 and 9 properly import the model with mapped textures if you define them in the material editor though.

Clan: FeaR

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)