Explore GameReplays...

Generals 2

Generals 2 Canceled for the Moment

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Mant@tza Oct 29 2013, 18:09 PM
A new future for Command & Conquer......but what does that future hold?

A New Future for Command & Conquer

Generals,

Thank you for your participation over the last few months in the Command & Conquer closed alpha test. It's been much appreciated, and you've been instrumental in helping define what a new Command & Conquer experience should and shouldn't be.

Part of being in a creative team is the understanding that not all of your choices are going to work out. In this case, we shifted the game away from campaign mode and built an economy-based, multiplayer experience. Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play. That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game. Although we deeply respect the great work done by our talented team, ultimately it's about getting you the game you expect and deserve.

Over the next 10 days we will be refunding any and all money spent in the alpha. If you have a question about your refund, please contact help.ea.com.

We believe that Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with huge potential and a great history, and we are determined to get the best game made as soon as possible. To that end, we have already begun looking at a number of alternatives to get the game back on track. We look forward to sharing more news about the franchise as it develops. Thank you again for your participation and support.

- Victory Studios

Source: Victory Games Closing Announcement

Clan: Team|Alias

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 2Technique Oct 29 2013, 18:15 PM
It's not even April 1st.
What the hell?

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Zocom7 Oct 29 2013, 18:15 PM
Game is cancelled already with the studio to shut down? No wonder why the new C&C game looks so bad already.

Is this a Halloween joke?

This is just the way how C&C dies.

I hope Trion's End of Nations isn't cancelled yet.

+
# 4Mant@tza Oct 29 2013, 18:16 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Oct 29 2013, 18:15 PM) *

It's not even April 1st.
What the hell?

At first i thought its fake but i talked with admins of the United Forum and well look on EA_cire facebook or twitter he posted it aswell. Its no fake

+
# 5cnc315d34d Oct 29 2013, 18:18 PM
lol

+
# 6Dirty Dutch Oct 29 2013, 18:19 PM
u did lol i dont blame them so many people just bashed the game tellin how bad it was. u were 1 of those players to right mantaza that it was a bad game so you should be happy

sucks tho now we can wait for ages again sad.gif

This post has been edited by Dirty Dutch: Oct 29 2013, 18:22 PM

+
# 7Zocom7 Oct 29 2013, 18:19 PM
Some people who thought that a F2P version of C&C as a live service is NOT the way to go. With so many issues there, I'm so glad it's cancelled, but I still want Generals 2 to go on retail if EA decides to reboot C&C.

AgmLauncher, please say something.

+
# 8Technique Oct 29 2013, 18:20 PM
I was actually looking forward to play with those new generals.
Silly me.

+
# 9Mant@tza Oct 29 2013, 18:21 PM
QUOTE(Dirty Dutch @ Oct 29 2013, 18:19 PM) *

u did lol i dont blame them so many people just bashed the game tellin how bad it was. u were 1 of those players to right that it was a bad game so you should be happy

Haha i bashed the version ofc it was bad i gave my feedback i got my arguments like other people but i never wanted the game to be canceled i always said it got potential...
You are just a fanboy blaming me now for it... and the next patch btw got crushing i feel sorry for the developers.
The patch could have been another way in the right direction i never wanted it to be canceled so dont tell shit dutch...

+
# 10Dirty Dutch Oct 29 2013, 18:22 PM
same couldnt wait for the patch either just sad faces

+
# 11Amelle Oct 29 2013, 18:31 PM
Thanks ... Gen2 was so bad

Game: League of Legends

+
# 12Dirty Dutch Oct 29 2013, 18:35 PM
i did not blame u all i heard of u how bad it was compared to sc2. i only said u should be happy.
and im not offended by the fanboy sentence because i am smile.gif

+
# 13Flopjack Oct 29 2013, 18:36 PM
Poor studio. You can't understand the amount of work that went into the game even at this point. I wonder what AGM has to say. I hope I hear a candid response from him.

+
# 14cnc315d34d Oct 29 2013, 18:36 PM
@dirty
just because we thought it sucked doesnt mean we wanted it cancelled

it just needed some HUGE crapload of changes before it could be considered a good game

+
# 15Mant@tza Oct 29 2013, 18:42 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Oct 29 2013, 18:36 PM) *

@dirty
just because we thought it sucked doesnt mean we wanted it cancelled

it just needed some HUGE crapload of changes before it could be considered a good game

this ! Well its frustrating to hear this. I wanted a new CnC and i wanted it to be the best out there so i gave them the feedback that i considered the best. Still wow and all the developers we have to feel sorry for most of them. The only ones i hate are the ones that came from tw/kw/ra3 tongue.gif

+
# 16Dirty Dutch Oct 29 2013, 18:45 PM
what do expect if most of the feedback is the game is bad would you continue on?? but w/e we will wait (unknown time) for the perfect cnc just rofl

+
# 17Elletg Oct 29 2013, 18:45 PM
Looks like it was upper ea management again.

https://twitter.com/karih84/status/395250333040914433

Game: Generals 2

+
# 18Aoenian Oct 29 2013, 18:46 PM
So it goes when 99 % of all just make hate topics and hate so hard. JUST FUCK ALL NOOBS! smile.gif

This game was great. And there was no release date (because they removed that topic). It was alpha, but what most does is talking shit about it. Even when it isn't done. Even when it's a pretty nice game. Pff.

+
# 19IamDyNaMic Oct 29 2013, 18:46 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Oct 29 2013, 18:20 PM) *

I was actually looking forward to play with those new generals.
Silly me.

LOL

Game: Dota 2

+
# 20Dirty Dutch Oct 29 2013, 18:48 PM
and mantaza i dunno why do you feel that i attack you its true right if the game needed so much work and was so bad. then be gratefull that they listened to the community's feedback and they will try to make a better game and just stop this 1

p.s just wow dynamic wrote lol such a fanboy wink.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)