Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

Cameraman Recruitment Topic

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 21Snoopy Apr 27 2010, 03:09 AM
QUOTE(janpetterdale @ Apr 24 2010, 03:00 AM) *

I tested again and 1280x720 works. Dunno why it would not work earlier.

Alright, give it another upload if you don't mind, And i will attempt to set you up with some casters

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 22Smurftang Apr 30 2010, 16:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOVR-T8CEE

Sorry about the delay, i'm new to 'moviemaking'

Any constructive advice would be taken onboard of course also smile.gif

+
# 23Snoopy Apr 30 2010, 16:31 PM
QUOTE(Smurftang @ Apr 30 2010, 11:01 AM) *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOVR-T8CEE

Sorry about the delay, i'm new to 'moviemaking'

Any constructive advice would be taken onboard of course also smile.gif

No problem, looks good to me biggrin.gif

+
# 24D1RtY Jun 23 2010, 15:15 PM
QUOTE(kustodian @ Apr 12 2010, 18:29 PM) *

Since I've been getting a lot of PMs about our members wanting to become cameraman and help us out with our VoDs and live streaming, I created this topic so that everyone who would like to try out to become a cameraman can make a post in here.

Our cameraman/commentators will watch on this topic to help you out and possibly give you a try out as cameraman while they commentate a game.

Requirements to become a cameraman:
  • A good PC that can run the game fine at maximum details at resolution 1280x720
  • Upload speed of at least 0.7Mbps, but anything higher than 1Mpbs is recommended
  • You need to be available during weekends to cast tourney games
  • Editing software knowledge is recommended, but not mandatory

I am interested in the cameraman/shoutcaster position.

I am currently attending a local college for video productions and have taken many classes that make it easier for me to produce the footage and/or operate the camera. I have knowledge in premier, final cut and many other video editing software. I have also completed a radio broadcasting course which included an internship at a local radio station.

My PC currently is running the game at max res with no issues and my uploads are at least 1mbps.
I consider myself a student of the game and am very passionate about it.

I am in the Pacific Standard time zone

This post has been edited by D1RtY: Jun 23 2010, 15:15 PM

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 25Four Court Jester Jun 23 2010, 15:58 PM
Hi there! Welcome to GR banana.gif biggrin.gif

Have you done any casts yet? Or any examples of footage we can look at? It's not a very rigorous task, just wondering if you've done anything yet smile.gif

Also, got an in-game hoN name?

+
# 26D1RtY Jun 24 2010, 00:13 AM
QUOTE(Four Court Jester @ Jun 23 2010, 15:58 PM) *

Hi there! Welcome to GR banana.gif biggrin.gif

Have you done any casts yet? Or any examples of footage we can look at? It's not a very rigorous task, just wondering if you've done anything yet smile.gif

Also, got an in-game hoN name?

I haven't done any official casts but I am sure that I could do one for you guys, do you want me to do a tournament replay cast or will one of my own games work?

I do have an in-game hon name =) its xD1RTYX friend me and you can chat with me or something I am on whenever i can be.

+
# 27Pojunarf Aug 6 2010, 11:34 AM
I'd like to try some shoutcasting and I wanted to know if anyone would like to help me, maybe with a co casting tryout. I watch a lot of casts, nearly each and every one here and on honcast the last 2 months but I have nearly no experience in actually doing it. Back in the days, I commented some Warcraft 3 games for a very small audience... in french. That's why I'd like to have a chat with a GR caster or anyone who could give me some advice or constructive criticism.

Feel free to ask me if you want more information. PM me here or add me in game (Pojunarf).

+
# 28Four Court Jester Aug 6 2010, 13:48 PM
Hi Pojunarf,

We can team up for a few pubcasts to see what you got, but I'm not going to be online this weekend as I'm out of country.

I will try to arrange something next week if you're still down smile.gif

+
# 29Pojunarf Aug 9 2010, 13:05 PM
I'm online and should stay up until late tonight, so if you want to try, tell me !
Unfortunately (or not), I'll go on vacation for 2 weeks tomorrow... But I'll still be willing to cast when I'll be back. Until then, keep casting !

+
# 30Four Court Jester Aug 9 2010, 17:04 PM
Hmm.. I'm not home until about 11pm EST tonight.

We may just have to wait until you're back it seems sad.gif

+
# 31Osirisreborn Aug 21 2010, 07:39 AM
Hi,

My gaming computer probably cannot handle camerawork, although I do have several years experience with video editing software.

I was more interested in becoming a commentator, if possible.

I've been a HoN player since closed beta and was a DotA player before that. I've never been a competitive player more here for fun and I want to try out casting if possible.

Thanks,
Osirisreborn

P.S. I'm PST if that makes any difference

Thanks again

+
# 32YawningAngel Aug 21 2010, 09:20 AM
Feel free to try out, smurftang or snoopy are probably the people to ask if you need a cameraman.

+
# 33DoomGuy Nov 4 2010, 00:57 AM
I'm down for being a cameraman. I'm not gonna do a whole giant post. Just letting the world know.

+
# 34Snoopy Nov 4 2010, 07:13 AM
QUOTE(DoomGuy @ Nov 3 2010, 19:57 PM) *

I'm down for being a cameraman. I'm not gonna do a whole giant post. Just letting the world know.

You silly, you should just make a post in staff section, a caster will get in touch with you

+
# 35WizarDz Nov 18 2010, 03:47 AM
Hello

I'll start of by introducting myself as WizarDz, same name in HoN too.
I'm 20 years old living in Sweden(GMT+1) & has been playing HoN since beta, good knowledge of the game and also been watching gamereplays for a very long time.

Since I just got my new computer, I'll more then happy to be able to help out the community with good performance capture.

5770X2 CF
AMD Phenom X6 (2.8Ghz) @ 3.7Ghz (One of Noctua's best fans installed)
4GB @ 1600Mhz
100/100Mbt
You can either catch me here, or add me as an friend ingame.

~WizarDz~

This post has been edited by WizarDz: Nov 18 2010, 20:26 PM

+
# 36Snoopy Nov 18 2010, 06:19 AM
QUOTE(WizarDz @ Nov 17 2010, 22:47 PM) *

Hello

I'm 20 years old living in Sweden(GMT+1) & has been playing HoN since beta, good knowledge of the game and also been watching gamereplays for a very long time.

Since I just got my new computer, I'll more then happy to be able to help out the community with good performance capture.

5770X2 CF
4GB @ 1600Mhz

~WizarDz~

Hiya WizarDz,
Do you have a sample of anything you've recorded? If you need any help refer to our recording guide, or ask here biggrin.gif
If it looks good and your running smooth I'll try to get a caster to get in touch with you this weekend

+
# 37kustodian Nov 18 2010, 11:05 AM
QUOTE(WizarDz @ Nov 18 2010, 04:47 AM) *

Hello

5770X2 CF
4GB @ 1600Mhz

~WizarDz~

Hi and welcome to GR banana.gif

+
# 38WizarDz Nov 18 2010, 20:27 PM
Hi and thanks! smile.gif
quick edit to my post. also got 100/100mbt internet connection (love sweden).

+
# 39LukDeRiff Nov 18 2010, 20:37 PM
I hate you. No just kidding smile.gif If you want to join the crew it would be awesome if you could upload some pieces of recording and if they look fine (which I think) then we can have a go.

+
# 40WizarDz Nov 19 2010, 12:50 PM
Hello

Yes, so my experience with this is zero, so I ran into two problems.
One, in Adobe Media Encoder, there's a pink line at the right of the screen(edge), second is that ingame sound gets out of sync after a while. Original video is awesome.

I just tried to get some footage of quality now, so I haven't installed spectator UI mods, commands and such. I'll give it a second try if someone actually could help me out with these problems. Perhaps a more experienced cameraman with knowledge of what to use and not?

Program used:
Adobe Media Encoder
FLV Converter
VHScrCap

On a side note: I got Fraps (full version) if that could be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvjDbd5bI2k
(Quality check)
/WizarDz

This post has been edited by WizarDz: Nov 19 2010, 12:53 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)