Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Red Alert 3 Archon Mode Maps

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1TRzZZZ Aug 18 2017, 05:30 AM

Greeting comrades, Red Alert 3 Archon Mode Maps are now released!

These maps are somewhat similar to Startraft II's Archon Mode,
You can enjoy Red Alert 3's 1 vs 1 multiplayer experience with a team mate.
But differently from StartCraft II's current Archon Mode (where both players control the same army), in our maps, one player will focus on macro, handling base building, unit production and secret protocols; meanwhile another player will focus on micro, overseeing battles and controlling units.

Many of yours have already played a map called e_infinity_isle_test, that was a test version of the map; Now, we have the official version!

By playing these maps, you can enjoy a completely different 1 vs 1 experience.
These maps can also help players to improve their skills: teaching your friends to play 1 vs 1 often requires that you need play against him. With Archon Mode however, you can show your friends the strategies and tactics used in 1 vs 1 while playing as his teammates.

Description:

The original start positions are for the players who handle base building and unit production, let's call them builders.
The remaining start positions are for the players who control units, let's call them controllers
For example, in this map, posiiton 1 and 3 are for the builders, position 2 and 4 are for the controllers.
Attached Image
Computer-Controlled Players: You can also team with a Computer Controlled AI, although you might be really pissed off by AI's performance tongue.gif They (especially Brutal AIs) are very good at spamming units, but they are not very intelligent!

Secret Protocols: Secret Protocols will be chosen by the builders. Controller's army will benefit from passive protocols (for example Allies' Advanced Aeronautics or Empire's Honorable Discharge) chosen by the builder, only if controller's and builder's faction are the same. Active protocols are released by the builder.

Aircraft: Due to technical limitations, for each type of aircraft which needs Airfield spots (MiG, Apollo, Vindicator and Century Bomber), you can't build more than 16 of them. For example, it's OK to have 16 Apollos and 16 Vindicators at same time. But if you have 17 Apollos, some unknown bugs may happen.
There is not any limitations onethose aircrafts which doesn't need Airfield spots (Twinblades, Jet Tengus, Cryocopters etc.)

Collectors, Engineers, MCVs and Allie's Spies are controlled by builder.
If the controller sent his units inside builder's crusher crane, builder will eventually get the money.

Occasionally when the game starts players may not be able to build anything, restart the game will fix this problem (just quit this match and play again, you don't need to restart the entire Red Alert 3).

Screenshots:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Map List:
  • Archon BattleBase Beta [1.4]
  • Archon Cabana Republic [1.4]
  • Archon Fire Island [1.4]
  • Archon Industrial Strength [1.4]
  • Archon Infinity Isle [1.4]
  • Archon Snow Plow [1.4]
  • Archon Temple Prime [1.4]
How to install these maps:
1. Open your Red Alert 3 Map folder.
For Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 , and 10 users, the map folder is
C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps\
For Windows XP users:
C:\Documents & Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Red Alert 3\Maps\
Or you can type directly %appdata%\Red Alert 3\Maps inside the address bar of any folders, then press enter.

2. After having downloaded the zip file, extract it, you will get a folder called Archon Maps.

3. Inside Archon Maps, you will see severals folders called Archon BattleBase Beta [1.4], Archon Cabana Republic [1.4].. etc., move these folders inside your Red Alert 3 Map folder.

Download link:
Attached File Archon_Maps_v1.4.zip
Size: 5.6mb
Number of downloads: 643
Player Name Side Team

Maps made by crazy-psl

This post has been edited by TRzZZZ: Aug 18 2017, 06:20 AM

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2BUn1997 Aug 18 2017, 06:20 AM
for such a long time ive been wondering if we can play a mode that 4 players control 2 armies biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
now that thought just came true
nicely done tongue.gif

Clan: m8s

+
# 3Jasper407 Aug 18 2017, 08:58 AM
what's different about these versions compared to 1.3?

+
# 4TRzZZZ Aug 18 2017, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(Jasper407 @ Aug 18 2017, 16:58 PM) *

1.4 differs from 1.3 by repaired some bug

+
# 5txc2004 Aug 19 2017, 18:46 PM
TRzZZZ Hi!

I like to see that gameplay... Nice!

I have this idea before i make the Multi Role Maps...

I name the player who can build Engineer and the player who can handle the units Commander!

Also the Engineer handle the Engineers & Spies and the Commander the Commandos!

The little difference from your idea is when the Engineer place one structure that structure goes at Commander handle... but i cant find how to do that and i left it... Ok im and new on world builder...

So i give you all that, as suggestions! smile.gif

This post has been edited by txc2004: Aug 19 2017, 20:17 PM

+
# 6txc2004 Aug 19 2017, 19:05 PM
Now working on something new, if you can help me... more here!

This post has been edited by txc2004: Aug 19 2017, 19:17 PM

+
# 7txc2004 Aug 22 2017, 13:33 PM
TRzZZZ Hi, again!

Analyze your code and understand how working...

I found it is possible the Builder/Engineer give the Structure on Controller/Commander player...

Now left to find how make One Bank for both players to use for the money, i thing it is possible too...

Do you think it is nice to remake the maps with that way?
I help you to make and others maps...

Not asκ only the TRzZZZ, but all, if you like the updated gameplay tell us to make it...

This post has been edited by txc2004: Aug 22 2017, 13:49 PM

+
# 8Luvaskot Aug 30 2017, 22:54 PM
Hi, thanks for the upload you did a great job... Is there any possibility for us to get source code? How did you succeeded on making it work?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 9TRzZZZ Mar 24 2023, 16:58 PM
QUOTE(Jasper407 @ Aug 18 2017, 16:58 PM) *

1.3 good fxxk have fun at some maps
1.4 change to good luck have fun
only difference

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)