Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

***** Patch 2.02 v7.0.0 Released *****

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 81brabox Jan 8 2018, 13:29 PM
QUOTE(Esparado87 @ Jan 6 2018, 14:27 PM) *

Why not make CAH very expensive to make?
Make CAH base cost 2000 resources.
I have some other suggestions how too fix the high price if someone would want to make a cheap CAH.

I suggest getting in Edain's CAH stat system into 2.02, and by having 1 of the 5 stats making CAH get cheaper recruitment cost/lower exp requirement for each stat attribute point.
That way strong CAH would cost a lot of resources while "weak" CAH (CAH that has spend a lot of attribute points on cheaper recruitment cost/lower exp requirement stat) would cost much less resources.

Sounds good, but we should continue this discussion in a dedicated topic.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 82Sindustrial Feb 10 2018, 12:25 PM
Love the patch and all that it does. Only I have a lot of "Out of Synch" problems with my friends on this patch. Which was far less with the previous one. Any news on that?

This post has been edited by Sindustrial: Feb 10 2018, 14:05 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 83Mako Feb 10 2018, 12:38 PM
QUOTE(Sindustrial @ Feb 10 2018, 12:25 PM) *

Love the patch and all that it does. Only I have a lot of "Out of Synch" problems with my friends on this patch. Which was far less with the previous one. Any news on that?

I didn't get any oos since i had installed this patch. In the previous patch you cannot play on some maps.

OOs is a strange error that depend on: different patch (someone used some mods and he didn't disabled it well), different map dezoom (often some player dezoom their maps. Is the same issues as different patch. game or maps are different and you will be OOs), randomly.

Can you tell us how often it happens, how much later when did you start the game, on wich maps?

+
# 84Sindustrial Feb 10 2018, 13:59 PM
QUOTE(Mako @ Feb 10 2018, 13:38 PM) *

I didn't get any oos since i had installed this patch. In the previous patch you cannot play on some maps.

OOs is a strange error that depend on: different patch (someone used some mods and he didn't disabled it well), different map dezoom (often some player dezoom their maps. Is the same issues as different patch. game or maps are different and you will be OOs), randomly.

Can you tell us how often it happens, how much later when did you start the game, on wich maps?

Hello there, thank you for your quick response.

Well like I stated it rarely happend when we had the 6.0.0.
We get the "Out of sync" error very often, sometimes when we are even 2/3 minutes in game.
It's rare when we can finish an actual game and make it through without getting this error.

I do have to tell you that we sometimes use: Hamachi, to play from our homes.
But we even get it when we play it on LAN, which normally wouldn't give an error.
But since we patched it, its been frequently and every annoying to not be able to play right.

This post has been edited by Sindustrial: Feb 10 2018, 15:11 PM

+
# 85brabox Feb 10 2018, 20:23 PM
QUOTE(Sindustrial @ Feb 10 2018, 14:59 PM) *

Hello there, thank you for your quick response.

Well like I stated it rarely happend when we had the 6.0.0.
We get the "Out of sync" error very often, sometimes when we are even 2/3 minutes in game.
It's rare when we can finish an actual game and make it through without getting this error.

I do have to tell you that we sometimes use: Hamachi, to play from our homes.
But we even get it when we play it on LAN, which normally wouldn't give an error.
But since we patched it, its been frequently and every annoying to not be able to play right.

Can you see what happens if everyone switches to v7.0.0 with the 2.02 launcher/switcher? It will give an error if any file is missing.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 86Sindustrial Feb 10 2018, 20:54 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Feb 10 2018, 21:23 PM) *

Can you see what happens if everyone switches to v7.0.0 with the 2.02 launcher/switcher? It will give an error if any file is missing.

No we can't see what happens, we have switched all to 6.0.0. with the switcher and 7.0.0.
No errors, only OOS errors. Tonight we played a game and it went alright.
Then we wanted to play another game and it went OOS again within 3 minutes.

+
# 87Mako Feb 11 2018, 09:07 AM
Do you all have same files from this website or did you get from forshire?

+
# 88Sindustrial Feb 11 2018, 13:10 PM
QUOTE(Mako @ Feb 11 2018, 10:07 AM) *

Do you all have same files from this website or did you get from forshire?

Yes, we all have the same files from this website and installed them the same way.

+
# 89Sindustrial Mar 3 2018, 17:07 PM
Is there anyone responding to this error or are you busy?

+
# 90Ultimategladia Mar 3 2018, 17:58 PM
I would say to reinstall EVERYTHING, like if it was your first installation.
And do you play in gameranger? Or only with hamachi?

+
# 91Ab3r` Mar 3 2018, 19:19 PM
If you're using custom heroes that is rumored to cause oos.

+
# 92Excelsior Mar 3 2018, 19:26 PM
QUOTE(Ab3r` @ Mar 3 2018, 19:19 PM) *

^ This. It's possibly due to the game being unable to read all heroes' data and statistics. I prefer not to play with custom-made heroes. The default heroes should be fine, but I can't be certain of that.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 93Sindustrial Nov 1 2018, 19:05 PM
QUOTE(Ultimategladia @ Mar 3 2018, 18:58 PM) *

I would say to reinstall EVERYTHING, like if it was your first installation.
And do you play in gameranger? Or only with hamachi?

Hey Ultimategladia,

Me and my mate did that countless of times getting clean installations with the right patches and we still get OOS errors.
Sometimes after the first 5 minutes and sometimes after 20 minutes or longer. And we only plan on either Hamachi on Lan (next to each other), there is really no difference. We had some games that went well and some over 2 hours that went perfectly but it doesnt guarantee that the next game will be good as well. So yeah we are quite clueless what to do about it, we love the game and the patches released on this website so much so we keep playing. But it is getting quite annoying and after 3 times after a row we usually stop playing cause we are tilted. Also we figured out that if you Alt+ Tab the game we guarantee get OOS. Don't know if thats known here but to us it is. Hope to get a reply soon.

+
# 94Sindustrial Nov 1 2018, 19:08 PM
QUOTE(Ab3r` @ Mar 3 2018, 20:19 PM) *

Hey Ab3r,

We indeed use custom heroes cause it makes the game more personal to us.
But we will defintly try it out, thanks a lot for the tip.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)