Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

New Mentor Program - What do you want?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21brabox Sep 13 2017, 10:39 AM
All you need to learn anything is look it up on the internet or read books. No need for schools/universities etc.

It's nice to have a controversial opinion guys (Tada, Stray), but please think a little bit before posing obvious edgy nonsense (in a topic that isn't even meant for you). It clearly says "New Mentor Program - What do you want?". This topic is not a discussion on whether we need a mentor program.

This post has been edited by brabox: Sep 13 2017, 10:44 AM

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 22Ab3r` Sep 13 2017, 11:06 AM
QUOTE(TaDa! @ Sep 10 2017, 18:07 PM) *

If smone really wants to get better he doesnt need any mentor - just spam 1x1s and think. If smone wants attention, conversations and other such stuff so he really needs mentor program.

True, but that's a very archaic opinion. When cw was active this was the view, but there was a bigger pool of players so it was fine if people left the community, the point of this is that we don't have a huge community so how do we entice the new players who want to develop but might have their soul crushed by losing countless 1v1 games.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 23Mako Sep 13 2017, 11:23 AM
I think is good idea to increase the replays review from your mentor. For example. I spam some 1v1 then i send my pack to my mentor that he will, patiently, post there wich are most mistake i did.

And yes some 1v1 onf foi with 2 team-observer is a good idea!

Why not some mentee party? Like today solas will host from 14:00 to 16:00 a 1v1 room as mentor.

Well i think is hard host an 1v1 with both mentors of 1v1 players. We know how hard is find a date and an hour for 4 players.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 24MauH˙R Sep 13 2017, 11:51 AM
QUOTE(Mako @ Sep 13 2017, 11:23 AM) *

Why not some mentee party? Like today solas will host from 14:00 to 16:00 a 1v1 room as mentor.

Not a bad idea tbh. Sorta like mentors working shifts and giving group advice or just a Q&A session for whoever is online.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 25Eonwe^^ Sep 13 2017, 11:59 AM
For me the only efficient way it should be done is via skype or sth like that and mentor is obsing his mentee on 1v1 and tell him what to do . Otherwise is just writing wall of texts with advices which mentees cant put into the gameplay cause they have bad micro or just focusing so much on that gold words that forget about other things.
But the best ofc is spamming games and practicing

+
# 26brabox Sep 13 2017, 12:06 PM
QUOTE(Eonwe^^ @ Sep 13 2017, 12:59 PM) *

For me the only efficient way it should be done is via skype or sth like that and mentor is obsing his mentee on 1v1 and tell him what to do . Otherwise is just writing wall of texts with advices which mentees cant put into the gameplay cause they have bad micro or just focusing so much on that gold words that forget about other things.
But the best ofc is spamming games and practicing

Using co-pilot maps you can even ensure (both) mentors can only see their mentee's field of view and it allows them to team chat and place beacons (voice + beacons is better ofc).

The only downside is you can't see your mentee's resources/CP/PP values.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)