Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Isengard Palantir nerfed or bugged?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1OgataiKhan Sep 15 2017, 09:58 AM
Hello, I noticed something weird after downloading 7.0.0 (I have been absent since 3.6.1): is Isengard's Palantir power supposed to have a shorter duration than its recharge time?

The changelog says that they are the same, allowing continuous observation, but in my game (7.0.0) it goes out after only 1/3 recharged.

Is it bugged or have I been looking at the wrong changelog?

Thanks in advance.

+
# 2brabox Sep 15 2017, 10:39 AM
QUOTE(OgataiKhan @ Sep 15 2017, 10:58 AM) *

Hello, I noticed something weird after downloading 7.0.0 (I have been absent since 3.6.1): is Isengard's Palantir power supposed to have a shorter duration than its recharge time?

The changelog says that they are the same, allowing continuous observation, but in my game (7.0.0) it goes out after only 1/3 recharged.

Is it bugged or have I been looking at the wrong changelog?

Thanks in advance.

You may have been looking in the wrong changelog. It says:
- Vision of the Palantir:
--- cursor radius increased to 100 (from 75);
--- duration decreased to 60s (from 240s);
--- recharge time decreased to 120s (from 240s);
--- can now also be cast on units to provide a 15% speed boost.

As you can see, it now gives vision for 1 minute, then needs to recharge for another 1 minute before a new use.

The decision was made that the vision powers were a little too boring in previous 2.02 versions. Perma-vision of your opponent's base is too strong considering its ease of use (and it being only 5PP). To compensate for the nerfs a little bit, a speed-bonus was added to Palantir and a range bonus to Farsight (Elves).

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 3OgataiKhan Sep 15 2017, 13:35 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Sep 15 2017, 10:39 AM) *

You may have been looking in the wrong changelog. It says:
- Vision of the Palantir:
--- cursor radius increased to 100 (from 75);
--- duration decreased to 60s (from 240s);
--- recharge time decreased to 120s (from 240s);
--- can now also be cast on units to provide a 15% speed boost.

As you can see, it now gives vision for 1 minute, then needs to recharge for another 1 minute before a new use.

The decision was made that the vision powers were a little too boring in previous 2.02 versions. Perma-vision of your opponent's base is too strong considering its ease of use (and it being only 5PP). To compensate for the nerfs a little bit, a speed-bonus was added to Palantir and a range bonus to Farsight (Elves).

Darn, I wish I knew before updating the patch xD
Thanks for the info.

The changelog I read was the one in Info & Downloads -> 2.02 Changelog, which still says "Vision of the Palantir:
duration increased to 240s (from 90s);
radius increased to 700 (from 300);
recharge increased to 240s (from 180s)".

Do you have a link to the right changelog for 7.0.0?

+
# 4brabox Sep 15 2017, 13:46 PM
QUOTE(OgataiKhan @ Sep 15 2017, 14:35 PM) *

Darn, I wish I knew before updating the patch xD
Thanks for the info.

The changelog I read was the one in Info & Downloads -> 2.02 Changelog, which still says "Vision of the Palantir:
duration increased to 240s (from 90s);
radius increased to 700 (from 300);
recharge increased to 240s (from 180s)".

Do you have a link to the right changelog for 7.0.0?

If you don't like the change, you can activate v6 from the switcher. Unfortunately you'll also disable all the other v7 features.

You can also learn how to mod a bit and undo the palantir changes, but you'll have to find out how for yourself.

The changelog you read is unfortunately out of date, yes. The textual changelog is more reliable.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 5bushit Sep 15 2017, 15:17 PM
Yeah good choice with the vision, perma vision is way too good

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 6OgataiKhan Sep 15 2017, 16:25 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Sep 15 2017, 13:46 PM) *

If you don't like the change, you can activate v6 from the switcher. Unfortunately you'll also disable all the other v7 features.

You can also learn how to mod a bit and undo the palantir changes, but you'll have to find out how for yourself.

The changelog you read is unfortunately out of date, yes. The textual changelog is more reliable.

Those are far more changes than I expected, thank you very much!

And I had completely forgotten about the patch switcher xD

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)