20.83% (5)
No
16.67% (4)
Ballsdeep for president

Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ballsdeep Sep 21 2017, 13:44 PM
New feature for v7: Ents rampage (stop for 2 sec and shrug their tree shoulders) whenever they see lumber mill, Saruman, or are set on fire (correct me if I'm wrong).

Good idea in principle, but imo doesn't work in practice. Because they stop for a couple of sec to rampage, you can't micro them, meaning they are easier to focus down for opponent and kill. Also, they stop attacking while in rampage, essentially denying you another rock throw, which can be the difference in taking down a building.

+
# 2bushit Sep 21 2017, 14:02 PM
Does it trigger every time they see saru or just once per game per ent? Cuz I don't like it much, can't control them

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3brabox Sep 21 2017, 14:12 PM
It's just impractical. Even if you'd buff the Ent to compensate for this, you'd still face a problem for e.g. Dwarves who can't elicit the rage animation as far as I'm aware.

By the way: the burn animation has always been there. And it's fine cause it's the no. 1 counter to ents so they should die quickly anyway.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4Excelsior Sep 21 2017, 14:17 PM
Ent Rampage and Ent panick. Rampage (rage animation) has a duration of no more than 2s. Personally, I don't think 2s can change the fate of an Ent or the circumstances of a game. Ent panick is the set-on-fire animation, which is slightly longer. I'd understand how this one could be detrimental in a hit-and-run situation when using fire.

Perhaps it's possible to remove the paralysis bit so Ents aren't forced to undergo the full animation cycle.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 5brabox Sep 21 2017, 14:22 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Sep 21 2017, 15:17 PM) *

Ent Rampage and Ent panick. Rampage (rage animation) has a duration of no more than 2s.

Don't forget that after the rage is over, the ent probably chooses a new target, so you have to babysit it.

E.g. if you target the opponent's fort, then look away, will the ent keep attacking the fort after the rage anim?

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 6Excelsior Sep 21 2017, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Sep 21 2017, 15:22 PM) *

Don't forget that after the rage is over, the ent probably chooses a new target, so you have to babysit it.

E.g. if you target the opponent's fort, then look away, will the ent keep attacking the fort after the rage anim?

Not entirely sure about that. It's worth taking a look. If we look at another animation (For examle, fear), units rush back to their attack target after the cycle is complete, so it's reasonable to assume it's the same with Rampage.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 7bushit Sep 21 2017, 14:43 PM
Any unit being frozen or not attacking for 2sec hurts
Would be like trebs not attacking + frozen with fellbeasts or witchking in vision cuz they rekt some mines tirith trebs in movie

Only it worse for ents cuz of the closeness of many ent summons have in taking down fort, trebs aren't used so early usually and there's no treb summon 15pp

I've lost ents cuz you can't retreat, 2sec is like 1 less rock throw and these slowmotion ents need every throw

This post has been edited by bushit: Sep 21 2017, 14:50 PM

Clan: GoF|

+
# 8TheDestroyer001 Sep 21 2017, 18:06 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Sep 21 2017, 06:17 AM) *

Personally, I don't think 2s can change the fate of an Ent or the circumstances of a game.

This could not be more untrue. 2 seconds is a long time when you are trying to move your stuff and it won't, especially while being attacked. I definitely want it removed. It's a nice idea but in practice it just gives Ents a big pointless debuff they didn't need.

+
# 9Bosomtwe Sep 21 2017, 18:27 PM
QUOTE(TheDestroyer001 @ Sep 21 2017, 19:06 PM) *

This could not be more untrue. 2 seconds is a long time when you are trying to move your stuff and it won't, especially while being attacked. I definitely want it removed. It's a nice idea but in practice it just gives Ents a big pointless debuff they didn't need.

I'd have to agree. It cancels out the rock throw animation, meaning you lose even more time, and just feels bad.

Maybe give them improved speed after becoming enraged? Would kinda make sense and balance it out.

+
# 10TheRingisHot Sep 21 2017, 18:56 PM
QUOTE(Bosomtwe @ Sep 21 2017, 18:27 PM) *

I'd have to agree. It cancels out the rock throw animation, meaning you lose even more time, and just feels bad.

Maybe give them improved speed after becoming enraged? Would kinda make sense and balance it out.

Well, this would just over complicate things for the sake of an unnecessary feature. We all know trees don't like lumber mills anyway, so just remove it.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)