Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Custom Hotkey Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Volzan Feb 26 2018, 17:33 PM
Hi guys !

First of all, I have to say that I've tried to follow your tuto but I didn't manage to get the results I was waiting for. I'm a new french player and I've just realized how hard it can be to play this game at a competitive level with the azerty keyboards hotkeys...

> "Attack-move" = A / "select all units in the map" = A... Everytime I want to attack-move, all my army is moving. That's kinda annoying. Anyway, I found a temporary solution for this : I have to switch my keyboard from AZERTY mod to QWERTY. It's annoying but I can handle this.

> Haldir's agressive stance = D / Haldir's switching weapon = D... Everytime I want to switch Haldir's stance, I have to manually click on the switch weapon button or double press D. Again, it's annoying but I can do it.

The real problem is that I'm actually trying to play Angmar and the hotkeys of this faction are just a joke... I would like to have all the buildings hotkeys the same, no matter which faction I'm playing.

What I've tried :

> I've tried the Mako's tuto with the excel file in libreoffice.org (don't have the office pack) but didn't find the command button to create the lotr.str file anywhere.

> I've tried to pick one of the all-in-one files uploaded on this thread : Using the 2.0.2 switcher, I can enable Tada's hotkeys but when I scan enabled modules, it shows me that both "enable Tada's hotkeys" and "disable Tada's hotkeys" are activated. In game, there is no change.

> I've tried to pick the Mako's hotkeys file but in the switcher when I enable the hotkeys and then scan the modules, I only see "Disable Mako's hotkeys" activated. In game, no change.

> I've tried to put in the game directory the DJ-hotkeys file. I've tried to change the englishstringzzz.big with my frenchstrings202_v7.0.0.big and in game the new hotkeys were working but the text language has turned into english language.

So my question is : Is there a way to change my hotkeys for an AZERTY keyboard and a french language game without changing the language or requiring me to switch my keyboard to QWERTY ? Is so, can some of you guys help me to do it ?

Thanks a lot !

This post has been edited by Volzan: Feb 26 2018, 17:50 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 22brabox Feb 26 2018, 18:59 PM
QUOTE(Volzan @ Feb 26 2018, 18:33 PM) *

Hi guys !

First of all, I have to say that I've tried to follow your tuto but I didn't manage to get the results I was waiting for. I'm a new french player and I've just realized how hard it can be to play this game at a competitive level with the azerty keyboards hotkeys...

> "Attack-move" = A / "select all units in the map" = A... Everytime I want to attack-move, all my army is moving. That's kinda annoying. Anyway, I found a temporary solution for this : I have to switch my keyboard from AZERTY mod to QWERTY. It's annoying but I can handle this.

> Haldir's agressive stance = D / Haldir's switching weapon = D... Everytime I want to switch Haldir's stance, I have to manually click on the switch weapon button or double press D. Again, it's annoying but I can do it.

The real problem is that I'm actually trying to play Angmar and the hotkeys of this faction are just a joke... I would like to have all the buildings hotkeys the same, no matter which faction I'm playing.

What I've tried :

> I've tried the Mako's tuto with the excel file in libreoffice.org (don't have the office pack) but didn't find the command button to create the lotr.str file anywhere.

> I've tried to pick one of the all-in-one files uploaded on this thread : Using the 2.0.2 switcher, I can enable Tada's hotkeys but when I scan enabled modules, it shows me that both "enable Tada's hotkeys" and "disable Tada's hotkeys" are activated. In game, there is no change.

> I've tried to pick the Mako's hotkeys file but in the switcher when I enable the hotkeys and then scan the modules, I only see "Disable Mako's hotkeys" activated. In game, no change.

> I've tried to put in the game directory the DJ-hotkeys file. I've tried to change the englishstringzzz.big with my frenchstrings202_v7.0.0.big and in game the new hotkeys were working but the text language has turned into english language.

So my question is : Is there a way to change my hotkeys for an AZERTY keyboard and a french language game without changing the language or requiring me to switch my keyboard to QWERTY ? Is so, can some of you guys help me to do it ?

Thanks a lot !

That sounds really impractical sad.gif. We should try to change some of these hotkeys in our "official" French translation.

Please note:
"Hotkey sets are language specific."
(quote from original post)

You can still use TaDa's English hotkeys but you'll turn your game into English as well.
To do so, go to your lang/ folder inside your game directory

And rename:
englishstringsTadaHotkeys.big
to
frenchstringsTadaHotkeys.big

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 23Volzan Feb 26 2018, 21:12 PM
Oh =(
Ok, it seems like I have no choice. Thx a lot !

+
# 24brabox Feb 27 2018, 09:55 AM
QUOTE(Volzan @ Feb 26 2018, 22:12 PM) *

Oh =(
Ok, it seems like I have no choice. Thx a lot !

I can remove all conflicting hotkeys for you, but totally revamping the hotkeys for the French version is a lot of work.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 25Volzan Feb 27 2018, 22:21 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Feb 27 2018, 10:55 AM) *

I can remove all conflicting hotkeys for you, but totally revamping the hotkeys for the French version is a lot of work.

I understand...
Does it take time or is it hard ? If it's just a question of time, I could maybe do it by myself if you can just show me the way ?

+
# 26Ab3r` Mar 12 2018, 21:01 PM
I downloaded DJs hotkeys but the angmar ones are broken.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 27Mako May 31 2018, 20:00 PM
For someone that contacted me on GR i reedited it a bit. Now they works for me. Last hotkeys can be tricky if you manage bad with them so often, if set badly, they can ruin your "hotkey" sensation.
So i suggest strongly 2 things:
1) don't edit them and don't import commandmap.ini in final.big if you are ok with current commandmap hotkeys (place beacon, select units, attack movmment, stop units, select builder ....)
2) if you want to try play with them is at your own risk (you can always rever them back deleating .big file.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)