Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

dodgewars.net new features!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1StrayHeart Nov 22 2017, 22:11 PM
Hello, how is everyone?

As to remain reliable and prove the work goes on, I wanted to share a little sneaky peak from the latest changes. I finished work on two latest features which are 'who is online' and warriors' match history.

Remember about the test environment link.

You can use the button on the left to toggle top 15 (as I set it for now) users that were currently online (it lists all his nicknames, so that may require some development..):

IPB Image

And by navigating to 1v1 ladder and clicking the buttons on the right

IPB Image

You can view nickname's history and even download replays of the game! Actually there're no replays in the database, but I tested it on my dev environment and it's working smile.gif

Also the good news are I've been developing ReplayParser to be able to automatically report games when you loose it and it's working well. I'm going to add armies reporting as well, so the info about the matches is filled smile.gif and the ReplayParser is not ready for download from the homepage yet because it's not finished yet.

The next item on list would be the feature to let you fill AR in case for some reason there was some issue with autoreport.

Do you like the changes?

Thank you,
Stray

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: Nov 23 2017, 08:20 AM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2bushit Nov 22 2017, 22:30 PM
the images are only "PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING"

Clan: GoF|

+
# 3Jaberwaukee Nov 23 2017, 04:12 AM
^what he said

but it sounds very amazing, good work

+
# 4TaDa! Nov 23 2017, 06:00 AM
I like new features very much.

+
# 5Mako Nov 23 2017, 11:49 AM
Omg this

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 6Excelsior Nov 23 2017, 21:02 PM
Good work indeed! Is the site available 24/7 or does it go down when you go to bed?

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 7brabox Nov 23 2017, 21:08 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Nov 23 2017, 22:02 PM) *

Good work indeed! Is the site available 24/7 or does it go down when you go to bed?

I think StrayHeart already mentioned he was going to solve (or had already solved) that.

Website's looking good man!

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 8Excelsior Nov 23 2017, 21:27 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Nov 23 2017, 21:08 PM) *

I think StrayHeart already mentioned he was going to solve (or had already solved) that.
Website's looking good man!

Oh nice! Hopefully we can get started on serious gaming soon. smile.gif

+
# 9StrayHeart Nov 23 2017, 21:36 PM
Hey guys.

Yeah the service is available 24/7 now. I managed to find a hosting paid 40$ annual, so it's hosted externally smile.gif

I'm glad you like the results, but it must be some time until it's ready to be used. I've started work on filling ARs today.

+
# 10Excelsior Nov 24 2017, 17:41 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Nov 23 2017, 21:36 PM) *

Hey guys.

Yeah the service is available 24/7 now. I managed to find a hosting paid 40$ annual, so it's hosted externally smile.gif

I'm glad you like the results, but it must be some time until it's ready to be used. I've started work on filling ARs today.

Heads up, the replay parser file is unavailable.

+
# 11StrayHeart Nov 24 2017, 18:26 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Nov 22 2017, 23:11 PM) *

and the ReplayParser is not ready for download from the homepage yet because it's not finished yet.

+
# 12Atrimotion Dec 7 2017, 22:57 PM
Berry good Work, it seems perfect ! ReplayParser.. so cool.
btw nice sig ( i mean, signature tongue.gif)

+
# 13bushit Dec 8 2017, 12:51 PM
QUOTE(Atrimotion @ Dec 7 2017, 17:57 PM) *

Berry good Work, it seems perfect ! ReplayParser.. so cool.
btw nice sig ( i mean, signature tongue.gif)

is dis your alt account stray

Clan: GoF|

+
# 14kazjon Dec 15 2017, 00:15 AM
dodgewars ohmy.gif

+
# 15Excelsior Dec 15 2017, 10:39 AM
QUOTE(kazjon @ Dec 15 2017, 00:15 AM) *

dodgewars ohmy.gif

It'll soon replace CWs.

+
# 16brabox Jan 11 2018, 20:14 PM
Yo StrayHeart!

I was thinking. How would you feel about the idea of first getting the web-interface 100% working with manual report? Then people could start getting used to the system and set it up without a fear of losing their stats. IMO that configuration could get more attention from the community than the current one.

Then, once the auto-report tool is finished, people can easily upgrade when they want to. If someone play >10 games a week, it's obvious they'll save much time by using the auto-report tool.

I think manual report is always handy as an option for new players. They can get started really quickly that way, without having to install any new software.

+
# 17StrayHeart Jan 13 2018, 10:59 AM
Hi BraBox.

Do you mean manual game reporting interface like cw has? If so, it shouldn't be big effort to do that, yeah. I just have to be sure people want to start using it because if they don't it's not worth my effort.

I am happy with the shape it has now. If community does not show more interest overall, neither I have no interest developing it further.

The autoreport tool itself is working good. I tested it bilion times before publishing on my computers and with several other players, but you will never be sure if it is 'working' or is 'reliable' if you don't start using it.

Have a nice day.

+
# 18Mr.SmOKing Jan 13 2018, 12:55 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Jan 13 2018, 12:59 PM) *

Hi BraBox.

Do you mean manual game reporting interface like cw has? If so, it shouldn't be big effort to do that, yeah. I just have to be sure people want to start using it because if they don't it's not worth my effort.

I am happy with the shape it has now. If community does not show more interest overall, neither I have no interest developing it further.

The autoreport tool itself is working good. I tested it bilion times before publishing on my computers and with several other players, but you will never be sure if it is 'working' or is 'reliable' if you don't start using it.

Have a nice day.

i think next installer 7.01 must include dodgewars.

+
# 19TheRingisHot Jan 13 2018, 13:23 PM
well, i wanna give it a try.

2 questions:

-why do i need fraps

and

-2vs2 is a thing?

+
# 20brabox Jan 13 2018, 14:10 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Jan 13 2018, 11:59 AM) *

Hi BraBox.

Have a nice day.

If you say it's finished, it's up to staff to decide whether it's ready for real usage. If it's good enough to use, we'll make a news post and try introducing it to the community.

First question toward that goal: can you (to some extent) guarantee that stats will not be reset? Players need to know their points will not just vanish.

Why I think manual report should be an option:
1. It's 1 hurdle fewer if a player just wants to try out the ladder
2. The auto-report tool still requires you to use a specific monitor resolution right? That may discourage some ppl from using the auto-report tool.

Also the Fraps dependency should be removed at some point.

Anyway, I appreciate all the work you've done for RotWK greatly. It's definitely not your work attitude that is causing the problems that we've had. It's just hard for voluntary staff members to muster up the energy to promote a project that they can't fully get behind. I hope you can understand that.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)