Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1phantom9399 Nov 26 2017, 14:21 PM
Come discuss the upcoming Kane's Wrath Decade Tournament

IPB Image

Twitter Image
Discord Image
Discord Image

C&C:Online FaceBook
Subscribe to receive notification of events and other items of interest!

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2bike_rush_ownz Nov 26 2017, 14:52 PM
sign me

+
# 3OneCabal^ Nov 26 2017, 20:57 PM
Ok, well because this massive event will be held in February and March, which is during my layoff months, I now have a reason to play Kane’s wrath again, so I’m in too. smile.gif

Game: Overwatch

+
# 4OneVISION. Nov 26 2017, 23:33 PM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Nov 26 2017, 20:57 PM) *

Ok, well because this massive event will be held in February and March, which is during my layoff months, I now have a reason to play Kane’s wrath again, so I’m in too. smile.gif

sign me just incase

+
# 5Masterleaf Nov 27 2017, 12:15 PM
Bike wins ez

+
# 6XXcyberstormXX Nov 27 2017, 16:14 PM
I'll join.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 7Technique Nov 28 2017, 00:32 AM
I would like to suggest taking over 2 rules from EA's ladderseason.

First being smurfing, since the ladder will be used for qualification to the tournament and seeding.
It's crucial to not allow smurfing/multi accounts in the month of February, so that people can't bash other players rank with anonymous unranked accounts.

e. unsportsmanlike conduct involving using multiple user accounts to prevent other users from advancing on the ladder. This type of conduct is judged at the discretion of the Command & Conquer League Team and may result in a ladder reset on your account. We strongly advise you only use one user account to participate in the ladder season, otherwise you risk having your stats reset and if further action is necessary, disqualification from the ladder season.

Second rule being about sportsmanship.
or any other form of poor sportsmanship can result in a loss or DQ from the tournament.

To ensure there is no bickering/flaming/insulting each other, so that we can have a fun/positive tournament.

Having said all that, this tournament looks awesome.
I especially love the round robin group stage, always makes tournaments more epic imo.

+
# 8phantom9399 Nov 28 2017, 00:38 AM
Those 2 rulings are listed under the ladderwars rulings and will be used in this event.

+
# 9zTipzee Nov 30 2017, 11:22 AM
Why cant it be double elimination?

+
# 10phantom9399 Nov 30 2017, 14:58 PM
QUOTE(zTipzee @ Nov 30 2017, 19:22 PM) *

Why cant it be double elimination?

Double elimination in general takes to long and with the way I have the quarters onward set-up it would not work at all. To compensate for the lack of double elimination I added the group stages which means players will get a minimum 12 games if they make it to the RO32.

+
# 11zTipzee Nov 30 2017, 18:07 PM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ Nov 30 2017, 14:58 PM) *

Double elimination in general takes to long and with the way I have the quarters onward set-up it would not work at all. To compensate for the lack of double elimination I added the group stages which means players will get a minimum 12 games if they make it to the RO32.

Flamedremons tourney double elimination was really successfull and everyone enjoyed that, so many rocked up to it on a 10 person playerbase lol, even though he robbed their money

+
# 12Ekko^ Nov 30 2017, 18:33 PM
Hey phantom. Can players who already qualify from the ranked system play in the qualification tournaments?

+
# 13Whitey Nov 30 2017, 22:18 PM
I prefer double elim because it was stop bikerush being hard anti strated then whoever beats him loses to unleashed lol

+
# 14Dimitery Nov 30 2017, 22:43 PM
QUOTE(Whitey @ Dec 1 2017, 08:18 AM) *

I prefer double elim because it was stop bikerush being hard anti strated then whoever beats him loses to unleashed lol

Get off this forum

+
# 15c9q9md Nov 30 2017, 23:08 PM
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand bikerush. The strats are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the plays will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also bike’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these plays, to realise that they’re not just amazing- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike bikerush truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in bikerush's existential catchphrase “gg,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as bikerush’s genius wit unfolds itself on their monitor screens. What fools.. how I pity them. smile.gif

And yes, by the way, i DO have a bikerush tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Game: None

+
# 16Whitey Nov 30 2017, 23:45 PM
shit copy pasta

+
# 17phantom9399 Dec 1 2017, 00:51 AM
QUOTE(zTipzee @ Dec 1 2017, 02:07 AM) *

Flamedremons tourney double elimination was really successfull and everyone enjoyed that, so many rocked up to it on a 10 person playerbase lol, even though he robbed their money

With double elimination I am not able to get the quarter onward streamed 1 at a time as that would hold up the matches in the loser brackets. Plus it would mean that I have to add another week into the tournament which will not be happening.

I tried to make it so you get as many games as possible by using group stages in the RO32 and 16. With Double Elimination through the whole event you would only get 6 games max if you get taken out early.

QUOTE(Ekko^ @ Dec 1 2017, 02:33 AM) *

Hey phantom. Can players who already qualify from the ranked system play in the qualification tournaments?

Yes they can, the wildcard tournaments can be used to secure a spot in the tournament regardless of your ladderwars placing. However keep in mind you will still be seeded by your ladder wars rank in the RO32.

QUOTE(Whitey @ Dec 1 2017, 06:18 AM) *

Do keep in mind that with the limited faction ruling in-play we could see a lot of mind games going on. Especially towards the end of the event where players could potentially have to play all 9 factions.

+
# 18onch-onch Dec 1 2017, 01:12 AM
Keep it like this phamtom good point

Game: AirMech

+
# 19DELKING Dec 27 2017, 20:53 PM
Hello, sorry about my bad english, i'm am from Brazil.

I want to enter on that tournament, but i don't know what i need.

Already registered on C&C online, Now i want know if i need C&C Tiberiun Wars on Origin to play ?

please, help!

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 20DELKING Dec 27 2017, 21:07 PM
Or i need it on STEAM ???

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)