Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Brutal AI, change 60% back to 20%?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AleXusher Dec 21 2017, 09:23 AM
Hi there,

i would like to know, how i can change back the 7.0.0 Brutal AI cheat of 60%, back to 20% as i like to play 1v5 on the war of the ring a lot for my YT-Channel. However, i figured out, that 60% might be a fun challenge to 1v1 in skirmish. In war of the ring 60% is just way to much. Sure i could use handicaps, but this only will affect HP and maybe damage? Not sure, but it is not the same, as just lower the cheat to a level i can bear.

I tried to edit the #########202_v7.0.0.big and there the data\ini\default\skirmishaidata.ini
I thought i figured out where to change the brutal AI cheat. But as it stands, changing the 60% to 20, didnt do anything. Copy pasting the 15% from the 2.01 didnt do the trick ether. So, where do i have to look? I think changing the cheat isn't a big change, and should be ok, if you can tell me. Btw. great work with the base layouts and the BOs for the AI!

But 1v5 with 60% is just to much. I mean, it is possible, but then again i am about to cheat the living map with units i created in combat, which this time, is not what i wanted. I would like to try, to never get below 0 funds in my next playthrough of 1v5, but with 60% cheat on 5 brutal armies, that is not possible for me. I might be somewhat good, but not that good^^

This post has been edited by AleXusher: Dec 21 2017, 09:38 AM

+
# 2bushit Dec 21 2017, 11:30 AM
AI related but slightly off topic...I'm not sure if possible, but I think it would be cool if AI did some unique things according to faction.

Like can Angmar, instead of spamming way too much siege, instead go for Rogash and keep him surrounded by hill trolls? Can brutals be made so they use unit combinations?

Also can brutals make little "forward bases" with 1 tower and 1/2 production buildings? Maybe like in forward positions used in some tourny hills or nandu games.

idk how AI works in game so maybe it's not possible

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3AleXusher Dec 21 2017, 13:33 PM
welll, that is not what i am looking for atm. Please, if someone knows, how to correctly adapt the .ini, tell me. I really would like to test around with the cheats a little bit here.

+
# 4Excelsior Dec 21 2017, 14:51 PM
QUOTE(AleXusher @ Dec 21 2017, 13:33 PM) *

welll, that is not what i am looking for atm. Please, if someone knows, how to correctly adapt the .ini, tell me. I really would like to test around with the cheats a little bit here.

What you did should've done the trick. When editing skirmishaidata, do so using editor mode on Notepad. I've found in the past that the file bugs out editing it directly through the final big programme text.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 5AleXusher Dec 21 2017, 15:13 PM
I did try to use the FileBig editor, as well as the notepad++. It does save the edited parts, so when i reopen, it stays the ways i put it (20%) However, when i go ingame, the AI still does only have to pay 200 for the ... (dunno the name for it: Guy who builds structures(dont have english version of the game))

At least it says so when i go over it with my mouse and hover around a bit.

But maybe i try it again. It should show in the stats? Maybe negative Values work? So if i say -100% he has to pay double? With that, i might see a difference, as he wouldnt be able to spam the map with buildings and units?

Edit:
So i tried all of that, but it still sticks to 60% reduction for the AI <.<

This post has been edited by AleXusher: Dec 21 2017, 15:21 PM

+
# 6Excelsior Dec 21 2017, 21:35 PM
I'll make the edit for you and post the file. I'll revert to pre-v6.0.0 values.

EDIT: When not play Vs the Hard AI? Essentially, they're Brutal without the cheats. A lot more than cheats were tweaked for the v7.0.0 AI, so you can expect the Hard AI to be a lot more challenging than before.

+
# 7AleXusher Dec 22 2017, 08:14 AM
Thank you smile.gif i think in 2.01 it was 15%, would that be possible? Maybe 20% is als fine but imo i would stick with the original stats for my playthrough

Tha Hard AI is just way to easy for me^^' It is interessting, how good the AI went, but no cheat is no challenge at all, while 60% is just way to much. Also, i want to have "the highest" challenge. Everyone can beat 1v5 on hard mode, but brutal? That is somewhat special, although it is not perfect, due to only having it 15% cheats instead of 60. But as i said, 60% is just to much, if you get it 5times against you^^

+
# 8AleXusher Dec 23 2017, 07:41 AM
Anyone else have some idea? I still can't make it work. And i dont get why changing the stats in the ini doesnt change anything <.<

+
# 9AleXusher Jan 5 2018, 07:43 AM
Hi, me again. Maybe someone might be able to still help me out with that smile.gif
I also figured out, that in 2.01 the AI got 15% cheat for production time and costs.

+
# 10Excelsior Jan 5 2018, 11:01 AM
Unzip this file and paste it into your directory. It'll revert the AI cheats to 2.01 stats, but all else will remain the same.

Attached File _____AIPatch.zip
Size: 10.71k
Number of downloads: 65
Player Name Side Team

+
# 11AleXusher Jan 5 2018, 15:28 PM
Thank you, i will give it a try! smile.gif

+
# 12AleXusher Feb 1 2018, 19:22 PM
Hey, i tried your mod, and it worked just like you described. Was it difficult to achieve that? I would like to know, if i could play around with those cheat-numbers. So i might find my own setting, which might me perfect in terms of challenge.

Edit: nvm, i figured it out^^ thank you again! smile.gif

Edit2: While i am now able to twitch the numbers, it appears that if i do, the AI will only build farms and nothing else any more. Do you know why that is and how i can avoid that?

This post has been edited by AleXusher: Feb 2 2018, 09:24 AM

+
# 13Excelsior Feb 5 2018, 15:17 PM
You need to ensure that you edit the skirmishaidata.ini file in editor mode whilst using finalbig, as editing it normally causes all code to shift which somehow breaks the AI. This isn't always the case, but it occurs often.

+
# 14AleXusher Feb 7 2018, 09:20 AM
I always use finalbig. But how do i open it in "editor mode"?
So far if i just open the file with finalbig and change the values, exactly that happens, that the values are correct, but the AI only builds farms.

+
# 15Excelsior Mar 3 2018, 19:42 PM
QUOTE(AleXusher @ Feb 7 2018, 09:20 AM) *

I always use finalbig. But how do i open it in "editor mode"?
So far if i just open the file with finalbig and change the values, exactly that happens, that the values are correct, but the AI only builds farms.

There's an option in the top left corner to open a selected .ini in editor mode.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)