Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

War of the Ring

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1sisterfister Jan 30 2018, 16:22 PM
Hi there. I was wondering, is there any way I could add ringheroes to the list of heroes that each faction starts with when playing War of the Ring? I tried looking for the file responsible for this and I think it is the one called data/ini/campaigns/common/livingworldstartingunits.inc. I opened the game .ini file with an editor called FinalBIG, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me edit the file mentioned above.

If I can't add ringheroes, or replace them with existing ones, is there any way I could make it so that I could recruit them directly from the fortress during strategy phase (not the RTS phase)? I can, of course, recruit them during the RTS phases of the game, provided that I find the ring, but the ringhero doesn't stay with the army after the battle is concluded and I have to redo the whole process again the next battle. Maybe there is a way to add them to the army, just like ordinary troops?

I've been tinkering with the .big files but I can't seem to make any progress. Any help would be appreciated.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2brabox Jan 31 2018, 10:57 AM
I think you might also wanna look into the files livingworlddefaultarmies.inc and livingworldbuildableunits.inc.

By the way, I'm not sure you can add a 6th hero flag. So you may have to resort to adding the ring heroes the way Eowyn works.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)