Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Eonwe^^ Feb 11 2018, 16:23 PM
Ok so again our beloved topic is started as for the resurection clanwar games. This time me and Stray proposing to play on his new app which as you know have function of autoreporting games. I dont want to go in to much details but basically we are open to start this even from now and its only for 1v1 ofcourse because atm it doesnt support 2v2 games. I would like to know how many people would be interested in playing. Me and Stray will try to spamm as much as we can so you have already 2 persons to compete but the more the better. Anyway I make a list of sign ups so those who want join just let me know in this topic. Below you got the link to the site where I hope everything is clear about instalation app. Any questions are welcome.

http://test.dodgewars.net/

1. Eonwe
2.Strayheart
3. Tada
4. Platino
5. DJ Premier
6. MrSmoKkkk
7. Andybear
8. Maysam
9. Mako
10. Murat
11. Jabberwauke
12. Khamul
13. Brabox

This post has been edited by Eonwe^^: Feb 15 2018, 09:31 AM

+
# 2StrayHeart Feb 11 2018, 16:28 PM
Nice one.

Basically all of this is about to try to turn every 1v1 ffg into a 1v1 dodgewar game. No intend to put pressure on winning or counting points.

The goal is to see how it works, how you like it and what are your ideas about the project.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3TaDa! Feb 11 2018, 17:25 PM
Ofc im in.

+
# 4TheRingisHot Feb 11 2018, 17:55 PM
as soon as it supports 2v2, I will play some games

+
# 5FotosKaroullas Feb 11 2018, 18:26 PM
Why is Fraps needed?

+
# 6StrayHeart Feb 11 2018, 18:47 PM
QUOTE(FotosKaroullas @ Feb 11 2018, 19:26 PM) *

Why is Fraps needed?

To let the application working in the background know if you lost game or not, so it can be reported automatically.

+
# 7Bosomtwe2 Feb 11 2018, 21:52 PM
I'm sorry but how is this easier than reporting in cw? Reporting takes like 30 secs.

The RotWK commuity seems to have decided to hate the cw system till the end of time. But it seems to be working pretty well for the bfme2 guys.

+
# 8StrayHeart Feb 11 2018, 22:11 PM
QUOTE(Bosomtwe2 @ Feb 11 2018, 22:52 PM) *

I'm sorry but how is this easier than reporting in cw? Reporting takes like 30 secs.

The RotWK commuity seems to have decided to hate the cw system till the end of time. But it seems to be working pretty well for the bfme2 guys.

you should ask this question to guys quoted in my sig.

+
# 9Bosomtwe2 Feb 12 2018, 00:16 AM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Feb 11 2018, 22:11 PM) *

you should ask this question to guys quoted in my sig.

It is directed to all the people who like to shit on cw.
I remember asking Andy and others to play cw countless time, and I always got the same result. Either people ask "Are people active?" or "CW is dead, stop wasting your time". I think we have enough active players to do cw, but people just decided that they don't want to for whatever reason.

+
# 10TaDa! Feb 12 2018, 01:29 AM
Strays project is not guilty of cw being dead.

+
# 11Mako Feb 12 2018, 08:42 AM
Well CW system sucks not only for the autoreport. Prolly only muadd is the last admin we have there. Is a platform not under control of GR.
We had some reset ladders that were pretty bad.
Autoreporting is a think that make it easier but it isn't THE problem.

A bad platform, when there are few CWarriors, has been considered THE problem. But we all know that this game is pretty dead and a competition of 30 players doesn't need a ladder.

We don't know if this ladder carry some enthusiasm to play again this game. We don't know if removing offhost lag has the same result. The only thing we can do is try and see what happens.

+
# 12Eonwe^^ Feb 12 2018, 15:16 PM
We have 4 people already but it would be awesome to get atleast 10. So for those who prefers playing 1v1 I reccomend you to sign because tbh you dont have to do anything beside of turn on fraps and log to app which takes less than 30 sec. Stray decided to start it next week so he can prepare everything to work fine.

+
# 13StrayHeart Feb 12 2018, 15:51 PM
QUOTE(Eonwe^^ @ Feb 12 2018, 16:16 PM) *

We have 4 people already but it would be awesome to get atleast 10. So for those who prefers playing 1v1 I reccomend you to sign because tbh you dont have to do anything beside of turn on fraps and log to app which takes less than 30 sec. Stray decided to start it next week so he can prepare everything to work fine.

By preperation I mean to reset all points of the last tests that were performed and implement TaDa's idea on calculating points/ranks, which is going to be almost identical as Voobly's smile.gif

+
# 14DJ_Premier Feb 12 2018, 17:30 PM
Yeah i'll help.
On the topic of CW it's not really the reporting that's such an issue, it's more the fact that it was needlessly long and the 1min wait time killed it completely. A manual reporting system where you can report with just a few clicks and preferably report more then 1 game at a time would be easily acceptable. Most importantly is a better point/rank system imo. Whether the whole fraps stuff is worth the extra convenience of auto reporting i have yet to make my mind up on, but i hope this will go well.

+
# 15Eonwe^^ Feb 12 2018, 17:55 PM
QUOTE(DJ_Premier @ Feb 12 2018, 17:30 PM) *

Yeah i'll help.
On the topic of CW it's not really the reporting that's such an issue, it's more the fact that it was needlessly long and the 1min wait time killed it completely. A manual reporting system where you can report with just a few clicks and preferably report more then 1 game at a time would be easily acceptable. Most importantly is a better point/rank system imo. Whether the whole fraps stuff is worth the extra convenience of auto reporting i have yet to make my mind up on, but i hope this will go well.

Ok so I put you on the list

+
# 16StrayHeart Feb 12 2018, 19:49 PM
QUOTE(DJ_Premier @ Feb 12 2018, 18:30 PM) *

Yeah i'll help.

Sure. If you like, I can bring you both manual report and autoreport apps, so you can choose which you like better. At least at the beginning.

Imo it is really comfortable to press a button on keyboard (like F6) after each to report a loss. Autoreport with Fraps works well too, but with pressing it's like you feel more control.

Also Idk if you logged in but I've already prepared a form to submit Altered Matches. If you like I could do the same just for reporting games. But using either auto or F6 automatically upload the replay for you, so in the future it could be a nice gr.org replays section alternative.

+
# 17Megrim Feb 12 2018, 21:44 PM
if there gon be autoreport, I gon be #1 in ladder forever cause all these noobs i pwned only reported 10% of their losses

+
# 18Andybear Feb 12 2018, 22:37 PM
I'd try it.

Clan: Knights of Ea

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 19May-ShadowFax Feb 12 2018, 22:41 PM
in

+
# 20Mako Feb 13 2018, 08:09 AM
I don't have many time but i'm in.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)