Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

dodgewars.net - let's roll!

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1StrayHeart Feb 17 2018, 23:26 PM
Hi all.

I am happy to announce that 1.07 Beta of dodgewars.net is ready for use! banana.gif

Throughout past few days I've been working on minor fixes and developed rep parser app that allows you doing both manual and auto reports.

However at the beginning I heavily recommend using manual mode for being the most stable, and still very comfortable!

A few things to remember:
  • after another website release it might happen you don't see all the updated content because your browser caches content. To solve it press ctrl + F5 and all website contect will be refreshed
  • when you encourage reporting issues, before submitting a bug, try running ReplayeParser app as Administator
  • some players use laptops to play and some models have function keys configured as default (i.e. volume down or refresh page). Try pressing Fn + F6 keys combo to report your game in manual mode
  • remember your dw.net nickname must be 1:1 with nickname used in game
  • you can use autoreport, but if for some reason game was not submitted, you're good to go switch to manual mode and press F6
  • you can always report your games later! Simply save them giving them custom name, then run app in manual mode, rename each of replay files to 'Last Replay.BfME2' replay and proceed pressing F6
  • there has been an issue of '401 Unauthorized' error displayed on the app - it was because your token used to expire in 1 hour. Now it is valid for 6 hours for you! So all your reports should be authrized for 6 hours from the moment you log in
  • if somebody didn't report his game you can always go to <a href="http://test.dodgewars.net/nonreportedmatch" target="_parent">http://test.dodgewars.net/nonreportedmatch</a> and fill AR
  • there is a very handy FAQ section where you can read more about the project: <a href="http://test.dodgewars.net/faq" target="_parent">http://test.dodgewars.net/faq</a>
Important: today happens the last reset of all players' ratings to initial value of 1600. As the project goes on, all your matches history and ratings will remain the same, despite of changes being made.

In the future I am planning to create the whole admin interface to allow you managing and adjusting all hosting and points configuration stuff. For now the system supports only 1v1 games, but team games shall be available soon!

I created official bugs report thread. Feel free to ask your questions when you have problems: https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...owtopic=1009857

Visit http://test.dodgewars.net/ to get started.

Your developer,
StrayHeart

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: Feb 18 2018, 13:24 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2TaDa! Feb 17 2018, 23:31 PM
Yeeeeeessss!

+
# 3StrayHeart Feb 17 2018, 23:34 PM
Ok, now. Can someone from staff please change this thread's title to 'dodgewars.net - let's roll!'?
Should not be working these late hours...

+
# 4Mr.SmOKing Feb 18 2018, 01:13 AM
Sounds cool.

+
# 5Mr.SmOKing Feb 18 2018, 01:23 AM
I cant see link Replay Parser v1.07.

+
# 6StrayHeart Feb 18 2018, 09:34 AM
QUOTE(Mr.SmOKing @ Feb 18 2018, 02:23 AM) *

I cant see link Replay Parser v1.07.

biggrin.gif

IPB Image

+
# 7Mako Feb 18 2018, 09:38 AM
It is pretty sneaky ^^. Make a light grey button. It can help.
Btw there are a lot UI that has to be improved. For example idk what is my nickname and in control pannel setting there isn't anything. i'm pretty sure it is Mako

+
# 8StrayHeart Feb 18 2018, 09:45 AM
QUOTE(Mako @ Feb 18 2018, 10:38 AM) *

It is pretty sneaky ^^. Make a light grey button. It can help.
Btw there are a lot UI that has to be improved. For example idk what is my nickname and in control pannel setting there isn't anything. i'm pretty sure it is Mako

I am aware of that smile.gif as you're going to use the application along, we will grab all your ideas for improvements and they will be introduced with time.

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: Feb 18 2018, 17:20 PM

+
# 9brabox Feb 19 2018, 15:13 PM
Congrats, looking forward to checking it out soon when I have time.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 10DJ_Premier Feb 19 2018, 16:39 PM
Can you tell me the advantage of auto report atm? Manual report is super easy just one key and it's sorted but isn't autoreport 1 key as well? Does autoreport sort out the factions too?

+
# 11StrayHeart Feb 19 2018, 17:01 PM
QUOTE(DJ_Premier @ Feb 19 2018, 17:39 PM) *

Can you tell me the advantage of auto report atm? Manual report is super easy just one key and it's sorted but isn't autoreport 1 key as well? Does autoreport sort out the factions too?

I was telling that from the very beginning reporting with F6 is comfortable enough, but some people kept whining it's no much better than going to cw.cc website and submittin report loss form.

With autoreport you press nothing. You make sure you run and configure Fraps correctly and report is handled for you. And yes - autoreport has that advantage it can read all armies from the screen.

Manual report does not do that because the replay file shows -1 when you pick random. I can only determine army from the replay if players pick their armies, which is very rare. With autoreport I can read it from screen because 2.02 has revealed random. That was very difficult to achieve too.

+
# 12StrayHeart Mar 1 2018, 23:00 PM
I am expecting team games support and recent fixes mentioned released this weekend tongue.gif

+
# 13TheRingisHot Mar 2 2018, 07:25 AM
that would be cool, we could actually combine the tourney and dw then

+
# 14StrayHeart Mar 2 2018, 08:00 AM
QUOTE(TheRingisHot @ Mar 2 2018, 08:25 AM) *

that would be cool, we could actually combine the tourney and dw then

I doubt all players are used to the app yet. Also there still something may go wrong in terms of reporting team games. I will make sure its stable before release, but I cant simulate every real life scenario. You must remember you're using beta version.

I must gladly say I could count previous release as stable though biggrin.gif

+
# 15TheRingisHot Mar 5 2018, 18:04 PM
maybe pinn this topic and remove some other like the 'how often do you play' topic

+
# 16StrayHeart Mar 5 2018, 20:27 PM
QUOTE(TheRingisHot @ Mar 5 2018, 19:04 PM) *

maybe pinn this topic and remove some other like the 'how often do you play' topic

I don't have powers to do so.

+
# 17Mako Mar 5 2018, 21:30 PM
Pinned. I leave solas to judge if the other is worthy or not.

+
# 18StrayHeart Mar 5 2018, 22:03 PM
QUOTE(Mako @ Mar 5 2018, 22:30 PM) *

Pinned. I leave solas to judge if the other is worthy or not.

The 'other'? What other do you mean?

This post has been edited by StrayHeart: Mar 5 2018, 22:10 PM

+
# 19Excelsior Mar 6 2018, 17:08 PM
Just to be clear, DodgeWars now supports games of all types now (I.e 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4)?

Also, what about maps? Are all maps included?

I do apologise if I'm a bit out of touch, but perhaps it would be useful to reconcile all current details regarding DWs in a nice, concise post (I.e Edit the opening post of this pinned topic with the most up-to-date and relevant details only)? We current'y have a few DW topics with valuable info spread out.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 20StrayHeart Mar 6 2018, 20:59 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Mar 6 2018, 18:08 PM) *

Just to be clear, DodgeWars now supports games of all types now (I.e 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4)?

Also, what about maps? Are all maps included?

I do apologise if I'm a bit out of touch, but perhaps it would be useful to reconcile all current details regarding DWs in a nice, concise post (I.e Edit the opening post of this pinned topic with the most up-to-date and relevant details only)? We current'y have a few DW topics with valuable info spread out.

Yes. Afterall I didn't write any official post about it, but ones who are interested have already played couple of 2v2 games and probably have seen the news site: http://www.test.dodgewars.net/news

What's funny - right now it does not support 3v3 because there is no 3v3 map included. People did not name it in the topic I created and I forgot about that lols.

This is the list of maps supported right now:

Fords of Isen
Rohan
Rohan II
Erech
Erech II
Udun
Buckland
Anorien II
Ost-In-Edhil
Tower Hills
Anfalas II
Dale
Druadan Forest
Eregion
Far Harad
Fords Of Rohan
Nanduhirion
Wold

Ye indeed there're couple of topics started now, but I think all of them are 'important' in some way.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)