Explore GameReplays...

C&C: Rivals Announced At EA Play 2018

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FallenXE Jun 9 2018, 19:57 PM
As mentioned at the EA Play Press Conference today, a new Command & Conquer Mobile game has been announced, titled Command & Conquer: Rivals. Set in the Tiberian universe with GDI vs Nod, it will be focused on 1v1 gameplay.

Check out the reveal trailer and the gameplay overview videos below:

Based on the gameplay overview, players will be able to choose from six commanders, three per faction, which will determine the special ability available to be used during gameplay. The commanders are as follows:

GDI
  • Lt. Strongarm - Deploys heavy machine gun turret
  • Dr. Liang - Summons repair drone
  • General Solomon - Ion Cannon

Nod
  • Oxanna Kristos - Fanaticism ability that causes units to deal more damage but reduces their durability
  • Seth - Drill Pod ability that deploys Flame Troopers on the map
  • Kane - Obelisk of Light defense structure

One of the features of the game is that gaining the majority of the control points would cause a nuclear missile silo to fire on the enemy's base. Inspiration wise, the game takes its units and Commanders from the various eras of the Tiberian Universe.

Polygon states that the game will come out for Android and iOS later this year. In addition to that, players can head over here to pre-register for a chance to play the Pre-Alpha of the game. Furthermore, it is stated at the bottom of the page that:

*By pre-registering for Command & Conquer™: Rivals, Android players in the US and Canada may also be invited to the Command & Conquer™: Rivals pre-alpha. Pre-registering for Command & Conquer™: Rivals does not ensure entry into the pre-alpha.Source: Electronic Arts

Do tell us your thoughts and opinions on this at the comments section below!

Twitter Image
Discord Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2bike_rush_ownz Jun 9 2018, 20:10 PM
CUNTS RIP

+
# 3Thanatos Jun 9 2018, 20:43 PM
nope nope nope

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 4-Netput Jun 9 2018, 20:47 PM
#NotMyCC #NotMyCNC seem to be used a lot.

However imagine this title being popular, it might open the chance of a normal CNC being developed.
If this one flops, CNC will probably be canned for another decade.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 5derand411 Jun 9 2018, 20:58 PM
#NotMyCNC

+
# 6OneCabal^ Jun 9 2018, 21:11 PM
Hmm?

Game: Overwatch

+
# 7Technique Jun 9 2018, 22:00 PM
Really did not expect Greg Black to be so excited bout this.

When that reddit post showed up talking bout this mobile cnc game a while ago I had no doubt in my mind that it was not the game Greg Black was working on...

Another cnc game I will pretend never happened.
If cnc4 didn't do the franchise in, this one surely will. dry.gif

+
# 8Maze. Jun 9 2018, 22:09 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Jun 9 2018, 22:00 PM) *

Another cnc game I will pretend never happened.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 9GBHmichael Jun 9 2018, 22:32 PM
EA never fail to find more ways to disappoint us...

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 10Johann Tilly Jun 9 2018, 23:18 PM
Cheap Mobile Shit, not worth to produce/create. They should better program a full valuable PC game.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: Jun 10 2018, 15:01 PM

Clan: KoA|KnightsofArnor

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 11FallenXE Jun 9 2018, 23:32 PM
Polygon‘s article mentions that units will either be earned through progression, or can be purchased. I’ll suspect we will get a glimpse of their monetisation strategy in the very near future:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/9/1743514...-android-ios-ea

In addition to that, Redwood Studio’s GM, Michael Martinez discusses about C&C: Rivals. Take note about the part where he says there are several strategy games in development.

https://www.ea.com/news/command-and-conquer-rivals

+
# 12bike_rush_ownz Jun 10 2018, 02:39 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Jun 9 2018, 20:47 PM) *

#NotMyCC #NotMyCNC seem to be used a lot.

However imagine this title being popular, it might open the chance of a normal CNC being developed.
If this one flops, CNC will probably be canned for another decade.

lol, that's like i made something so shit, but because it did well ill make something good ? sleep.gif if it does well they will just keep making shit,

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 13c9q9md Jun 10 2018, 04:42 AM
Dogshit

Game: None

+
# 14Cypher Jun 10 2018, 08:48 AM
Not a single EA CNC game has been decent. CCG was alright but horribly bug-ridden and everything afterwards (starting with ZH) was an abomination. This will kill the franchise just like they did with Dungeon Keeper before, and that's for the best.

Good move.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 15Whitey Jun 10 2018, 11:57 AM
I've never seen so much... in a comment thread.

We have wanted a game for years, we got one (Which we can play while having a shit, let me add) and people fucking complain. It's a mobile game, it's not going to affect the "main story" or whatever is left of it. Just enjoy it and hope another traditional game is made.

+
# 16Luvaskot Jun 10 2018, 12:35 PM
QUOTE(Cypher @ Jun 10 2018, 10:48 AM) *

Not a single EA CNC game has been decent. CCG was alright but horribly bug-ridden and everything afterwards (starting with ZH) was an abomination. This will kill the franchise just like they did with Dungeon Keeper before, and that's for the best.

Good move.

Cnc 3 was kinda good tho, after 1.09 patch. I know you were actively playing it when game comes out. Give it an another chance please.

+
# 17oompah Jun 10 2018, 13:37 PM
Unfortantely I think we all have to root for this games success in hopes that that might trigger development of a real RTS game in the future. Harsh times folks, harsh times.

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 18-Sp3kTr- Jun 10 2018, 13:45 PM
This shouldnt be even considered as an RTS. This is something different, something beyond human imagination. Shame.

+
# 19~AngelOfDeath~ Jun 10 2018, 13:47 PM
Retards from EA don't even know anymore how to make a good game.

Clan: Mates First

+
# 20X-Flame Jun 10 2018, 13:51 PM
Well, I guess at least they realize that they still own the C&C IP. Maybe one day we'll get that C&C4/RA4/Generals 2....I wish.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)