Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Command and Conquer Remastered - Have Your Say!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ToxicShock Jan 23 2019, 16:22 PM
Commanders, Comrades and Generals, please check this out;

We look forward to your input! thumb.gif

Twitter Image
Discord Image

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2Claymore92 Jan 23 2019, 19:49 PM
Bring back the servers for C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, or at least convey that message to the higher ups. I have two copies of the game and I would still buy a third one at full price with official server support. I know I am off-topic but this is the closest I'll ever get to talking to an EA team and the article itself says: "If you don't speak out now, you may regret it."

C&C 3 look so well, it could pass as a 2019 game. Does not need any remastering. Just add server support and it will sell like cookies.

Add server support for other games as well if you want but just add Tiberium Wars server support first.

You will be working 1 year, possibly more, on remastering whole 2 games. TW looks so good, it will pass as a 2019 game. All you need to do is add server support and sell it. And adding server support can be done in weeks.

IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS THEN IT IS WASTED PROFIT. I HAVE THE MONEY. WE HAVE THE MONEY. WE WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY. GIVE US REASON TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Jan 23 2019, 20:33 PM

+
# 3Wildhide Jan 23 2019, 19:57 PM
The games have to be 3D.
If not then it's not going to attract anyone besides the C&C hardcore fans and some retro players, which in the eyes of EA will likely be a failure. I hope that the other OpenRA members who are a part of the team understand that these games should attract more than OpenRA players, as they will probably play it anyways.
Even if at risk of "damaging" the old feels of the classics, the remasters should keep their year of making and see the audience as maybe a little bigger than hardcore C&C players.
In short don't try to copy every aspect of the old C&C to get the same feeling, we can play them to get that feeling

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Luvaskot Jan 23 2019, 19:57 PM
C&C3: Tiberium Wars

+
# 5Olli Jan 23 2019, 20:05 PM
bring back an offical Server to Tiberium Wars! As Claymore said, the game looks pretty good, maybe nothing more is necessary - and you`ll increase the number of players! smile.gif

+
# 6ILUHAN Jan 23 2019, 20:13 PM
C&C3 for sure.

+
# 7cwedvin Jan 23 2019, 20:20 PM
not sure if i am off topic or not now but here i GO:

Please bring back servers for red alert 3.

dont change how the game is in any way just fix some bugs in the game, similar to the 1.12.6 maps we have gotten from the comunity.

as for other c&c games, bring back as many games as you can, host up servers, provide help for buggs, or Tech support if needed. add New maps, fix old buggs.

heck even create some New maps.

oh and (i dont know if this is already a thing but)

but the screen size for diffrent games improved.

i got 5 copies of ra3, there has not been any other game i loved as much as red alert 3.

i wuld love to try out the other c&c games whit other players.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 8*Hedgehog* Jan 23 2019, 20:23 PM
These guys said all.Thing is.Bring back offical multiplayer to game,game is useble,you shouldnt remaster it.We need more player,we need online,we need CnC3:Tiberium Wars

+
# 9kokkin Jan 23 2019, 20:40 PM
Hi. I have one 1 request. Please add better servers to CNC3 and start supporting it. It is a good game and u don't even need to remaster it or something else, just improve some textures and graphics. If u wont, so, plz make remaster of CnC1 very same to TW but not KW(dont do remaster). JUST RESTART THE CNC3TW, IT WILL HAVE A NEW LIFE
P.S make a good economy and unit balance for KW. sorry for my English

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 10{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Jan 23 2019, 20:43 PM
I am quite surprised why after the cancellation of generals 2 the remastered catalogue doesnt include generals 2 in the mix, i am quite shocked; taking data from gamereplays website and on youtube i noticed most traffic and interest is generated for generals zerohour and its mods then why this game isnt on the roster, also an honorable mention would go to Kanes Wrath And Red alert 3 but what's most shocking decision for me is generals 2 if i can get answer as to why it isnt included please help me understand.
Other than that this is great news that a website like gamereplays is involved in the community council but why such a long delay in the announcement this wasnt told A month ago when Jim vessella posted regarding the community council on reddit ; what took you guys so long for this official announcement or this was a recent development cause i saw openra being actively involved ???

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 11bero41 Jan 23 2019, 20:53 PM
RED ALERT 3 servers can be repaired by many bugs and sometimes crashes can occur.

Clan: Turks Only

+
# 12~AngelOfDeath~ Jan 23 2019, 21:40 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jan 23 2019, 19:49 PM) *

Bring back the servers for C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, or at least convey that message to the higher ups. I have two copies of the game and I would still buy a third one at full price with official server support. I know I am off-topic but this is the closest I'll ever get to talking to an EA team and the article itself says: "If you don't speak out now, you may regret it."

C&C 3 look so well, it could pass as a 2019 game. Does not need any remastering. Just add server support and it will sell like cookies.

Add server support for other games as well if you want but just add Tiberium Wars server support first.

You will be working 1 year, possibly more, on remastering whole 2 games. TW looks so good, it will pass as a 2019 game. All you need to do is add server support and sell it. And adding server support can be done in weeks.

IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS THEN IT IS WASTED PROFIT. I HAVE THE MONEY. WE HAVE THE MONEY. WE WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY. GIVE US REASON TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY.

+1

Clan: Mates First

+
# 13Constable Chris Jan 23 2019, 21:54 PM
Well, I won't get another opportunity to do this, so I will give my 2 cents.

Apologies in advance if I go off-topic...

RA3 needs a proper automatch system desperately. This can be achieved if you bring back official server support to RA3. I doubt RA3 needs remastering in terms of visuals because the game looks fine as it is (but regardless updated visuals are always a welcome change from the 2008 ones we have), but when it comes to bugs... that is a different story, and in this case it needs remastering badly.

Not to mention the huge amount of top players who left this game due to the lack of proper support for the game, be it servers or other things. This can be especially seen in the aftermath of the gamespy shutdown. The player count just tanked when automatch was out of the equation.

This highlights the importance of bringing back proper server support to RA3. It is possibly our only chance of bringing back players to the game. Some people would argue that players left RA3 for different reasons but that is besides the point.

Another thing worth mentioning, is the outdated SAGE engine that we are currently using. A replacement with something better (at least better pathfinding for units) would be excellent.

As far as the remastered RA1 goes...it should definitely be 3D.

Just my 2 cents.

This post has been edited by Constable Chris: Jan 23 2019, 22:15 PM

Clan: H2O

+
# 14Plokite_Wolf Jan 23 2019, 23:13 PM
QUOTE(Constable Chris @ Jan 23 2019, 22:54 PM) *

As far as the remastered RA1 goes...it should definitely be 3D.

Keyword is remaster, not remake.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 15Fargo Jan 23 2019, 23:35 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jan 23 2019, 20:49 PM) *

This guy... So Clueless.... Cnc3 died soon and that's why servers been cut off, you think bringing servers back.would make game way more active than before? And how fair it would be without any improvement charge second time for the game... What is this logic ...

Forget.your cnc3 anyway, its a bad game, wish for zh instead

+
# 16Fargo Jan 23 2019, 23:38 PM
QUOTE(kokkin @ Jan 23 2019, 21:40 PM) *

Hi. I have one 1 request. Please add better servers to CNC3 and start supporting it. It is a good game and u don't even need to remaster it or something else, just improve some textures and graphics. If u wont, so, plz make remaster of CnC1 very same to TW but not KW(dont do remaster). JUST RESTART THE CNC3TW, IT WILL HAVE A NEW LIFE
P.S make a good economy and unit balance for KW. sorry for my English

Do you know what remastered.means even? Its exactly wjat you said, better graphic, textures... And ofc better servers, oh dear

QUOTE({DO}-LiquidOCELOT @ Jan 23 2019, 21:43 PM) *

I am quite surprised why after the cancellation of generals 2 the remastered catalogue doesnt include generals 2 in the mix, i am quite shocked; taking data from gamereplays website and on youtube i noticed most traffic and interest is generated for generals zerohour and its mods then why this game isnt on the roster, also an honorable mention would go to Kanes Wrath And Red alert 3 but what's most shocking decision for me is generals 2 if i can get answer as to why it isnt included please help me understand.
Other than that this is great news that a website like gamereplays is involved in the community council but why such a long delay in the announcement this wasnt told A month ago when Jim vessella posted regarding the community council on reddit ; what took you guys so long for this official announcement or this was a recent development cause i saw openra being actively involved ???

Sadly generals 2 wasn't released

This post has been edited by Fargo: Jan 23 2019, 23:41 PM

+
# 17Claymore92 Jan 23 2019, 23:44 PM
QUOTE(Fargo @ Jan 23 2019, 23:35 PM) *

This guy... So Clueless.... Cnc3 died soon and that's why servers been cut off, you think bringing servers back.would make game way more active than before? And how fair it would be without any improvement charge second time for the game... What is this logic ...

This guy... So Clueless.... Do you realise servers been cut off because of following:

"GameSpy Industries (the entity responsible for GameSpy multiplayer services) was bought from IGN Entertainment by Glu Mobile in August 2012... In April 2014, Glu announced that it would shut down the GameSpy servers on May 31, 2014, so its developers could focus on work for Glu's own services." (source: Wikipedia, or google it simply)

GameSpy provided the online servers for C&C 3 TW as well as for ZH. If C&C 3 server been cut off because game died soon (as you falsely state), why ZH servers been cut off?

I could explain why every sentence of your post is misinformation and non-sense but your lack of knowledge is so staggering that I'll rather quit here. And we are in off topic territory anyway.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Jan 24 2019, 00:32 AM

+
# 18Leikeze Jan 23 2019, 23:47 PM
QUOTE(Fargo @ Jan 23 2019, 18:35 PM) *

Uh, you know Zero Hour lost it's servers the same time.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: Graphics

+
# 19Technique Jan 24 2019, 00:43 AM
Remakes, not remasters.

You have to 1 up Blizzard's efforts.
They can afford to ''just'' upscale what they have because both their games (sc:bw and wc3:tft) still have active esports going on till this day. For the cnc games that's not the case and in a remake it's also easier/more accepted to modernize the gameplay/ui/controls and all that good stuff up to 2019 and beyond standards.

If it's just a remaster/upscale it will be a fun little treat for a very small/niche playerbase, which has its charms I suppose.
But remake is the only way if you want to go big with this.

And +1 for the official server support for the cnc games currently hosted on cnconline, especially for the missing automatch feature like Constable Chris mentioned.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 20Marlboro-Red Jan 24 2019, 00:53 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jan 24 2019, 00:44 AM) *

I could explain why every sentence of your post is misinformation and non-sense but your lack of knowledge is so staggering that I'll rather quit here. And we are in off topic territory anyway.

Don't bother.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)