Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Patch Development Forum

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Pallando Jun 11 2019, 17:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to invite everyone of you to join us in testing the new patch. Now there's an official forum here on GameReplays including a changelog and download: Patch Forum

Everyone is welcome to play and share his opinion on the new gameplay/changes. No one is to be excluded and we want to make sure everyone's voice will be heard. However, note that your opinion will weigh a lot more if you've actually tested the patch in more than a couple of games and can supply us with replay(s) in the best case to prove your claim/suggestion. It will carry even more weight if your claim/suggestion is supported by another player who is recognized in the community. With that being said, all changes made are up for debate, and new changes can be suggested.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2LATINO Jun 11 2019, 18:19 PM
Lets Get It ! Guys <3

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 3maxsmart Jun 11 2019, 20:59 PM
Can I ask which is the finality of the patch? It's to fix bugs or change the whole gameplay because someone is boring about it? Minor or major changes?

+
# 4Pallando Jun 11 2019, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(maxsmart @ Jun 11 2019, 21:59 PM) *

Can I ask which is the finality of the patch? It's to fix bugs or change the whole gameplay because someone is boring about it? Minor or major changes?

Well... just one click would've answered all of your questions. wink.gif It's mostly gameplay changes, but there is a changelog topic listing all of the changes that we've made so far. Tell me about a bug that is fixable and I will gladly fix it. But neither the s-bug, nor the offhost delay or other prominent bugs can be fixed without engine changes (which we can't do). :|

+
# 5maxsmart Jun 13 2019, 21:23 PM
pallando, the point is,
are you sure that the community want those changes, or are you doing it because is a whimp that can be realised?
I could understand that want to fix bugs, but I'm pretty sure that not all the community want huge changes. Somebody said at the beginning than don't want a split, but obviously it is. Are you going to reflex before send the final version or we all are going to suffer another horrible patch experience like that infamous 1.05?

+
# 6Pallando Jun 14 2019, 00:09 AM
Well, it would be difficult to stop this whole patch thing now. And unlike Thorongil, I wouldn't have started a patch project on my own. I've always wanted change and a new patch, personally. But have I started a patch project? Not until now. The thing is, people approached me and asked me if it was possible to change BFME and test these changes. So I did that, and we were in a small group back then, just testing/experimenting for fun. But more people started having interest in potential changes, and now we're testing those changes more in an official manner. It's not finished, but the overall feedback we get is not bad so far.

I invite you again to join us and help us shape this patch. I mean, what do you expect me to do? Do you think people will suddenly return happily to 1.06 if I just say I stop developing it?
The best resistance you can bring towards a new patch is to actually give it a try and say what you like/don't like. It's unfortunate that many players want many changes and others want none at all, but there's room for reason and compromise.

To answer your initial question though, I'm positive that there's a bigger number of people who actually want changes, as we saw in the poll.

This post has been edited by Pallando: Jun 14 2019, 00:13 AM

+
# 7maxsmart Jun 14 2019, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your words Pallando, I think that you are working honestly and for sure doing a great work.

I wrote only to call attention over the responsibility to introduce big changes in the gameplay of bfme starting with a "failed" patch of EA (1.02 was only 6 months and developers changed most of it in the next 1.03).

As far I'm concerned, that group of people that contact with you to develop the patch are acting egoistic, even more when they realised that not all the community agree with them, is like "I want the game that i want, even if rest fuck of".

On the other side I must recognise that you are going a great work leaving lot of people participate and express their opinion (but remember, that number never will be neither half of the community), and taking care about their opinion before put the last version to download.

I'll put my comments about the patch in the correct forum, and as a friend told me, I'll try to test it myself.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)