Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

About BETA Forum

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1maxsmart Aug 26 2019, 16:48 PM
This is an open question, but I'd like to see the answer of a admin.

I have seen the Beta section reopened and I readed apologyzes of Alan and a interestion propose of Pllando and Orange, but...
Was not closed because Alan and the rest of his 109 staff wanted to continue with his patch with or without the agreement of the rest of the community? Please correct me if I'm wrong, because the main point is that they were doing something that they like a lot, knowing that there are part of the community that disagree, and using this forum to give it publicity. They Promise to continue and don't came back in anymode.

after read and see the beta feedbacks they continue with the same start point that were in the past. There are no changes, same gimli, same heros with ld changed... etc. On the other hand, I saw a try to start with something that rest of people that disagree could more or less assume (Pallando-Orange) but no one is speaking or saying anything.

I'm really confused, Nowadays that forum is following the 109 idea or the new one proposed by orange-pallando?
If the idea is the second ok, but if not... who and why reopened that forum?

This post has been edited by maxsmart: Aug 26 2019, 17:06 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Beterwel Aug 26 2019, 17:38 PM
QUOTE(maxsmart @ Aug 26 2019, 18:48 PM) *

This is an open question, but I'd like to see the answer of a admin.

I have seen the Beta section reopened and I readed apologyzes of Alan and a interestion propose of Pllando and Orange, but...
Was not closed because Alan and the rest of his 109 staff wanted to continue with his patch with or without the agreement of the rest of the community? Please correct me if I'm wrong, because the main point is that they were doing something that they like a lot, knowing that there are part of the community that disagree, and using this forum to give it publicity. They Promise to continue and don't came back in anymode.

after read and see the beta feedbacks they continue with the same start point that were in the past. There are no changes, same gimli, same heros with ld changed... etc. On the other hand, I saw a try to start with something that rest of people that disagree could more or less assume (Pallando-Orange) but no one is speaking or saying anything.

I'm really confused, Nowadays that forum is following the 109 idea or the new one proposed by orange-pallando?
If the idea is the second ok, but if not... who and why reopened that forum?

Hi mate,

I dunno why you have a personal vendetta against patch 1.09 but this should stop now.
If you do not like the patch, it's simple, just stay out of the forum and keep playing 1.06. Nobody forces you to play 1.09 although as said many times you are welcome to play, test, give feedback and enjoy it.

As you might have noticed a lot of people are enjoying it in many modes. So let all people do their thing and let's all enjoy our game.

I hope you stop the negativity now and let all people at peace. Thanks for your understanding.

+
# 3maxsmart Aug 26 2019, 18:42 PM
what I'm against is to promote the patch here, not about the patch itself. Because that patch is not son of the agreement of the community, it's only the whimp of f few that don't care to break with the rest of the players. And now I'd like to have the answer of whom saying the same thing that me, change their mind and replace the forum.

+
# 4Kerkyra Aug 26 2019, 19:04 PM
Just let them work on the patch. They are already in their sub forum far from everything else and it's better to have a place to discuss for feedbacks and opinion sharing on the patch. If you want to keep playing ffa mirkwook on 1.06 forever it's your right but please dont stop people who try to make the game evolve.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 5maxsmart Aug 26 2019, 19:19 PM
I don't want to stop Palla and Orange, whom are working too to develop

+
# 6Pallando Aug 27 2019, 16:30 PM
Just want to note that neither Orange nor I are currently working on a new patch. It doesn't make sense while 1.09 is still being developed. If we made a new patch now it would not be in the interest of anyone. Then eventually you would have people play 1.06, 1.09 and our new patch. It doesn't make sense at this point.

+
# 7maxsmart Aug 27 2019, 18:30 PM
- I understood from the comment that you did in Changelog about a draft with Orange, because you put a number of changes more or less rational, then the other 100002323 changes that put Alan before are also in. You put a drop in the seaq of changes.

I'm still asking to admins what changed to support here this "109".

It's an official Gamereplays patch?
It's done with the agreement of the community?
The aim of the patch it's good for ALL the community?

I missed something when I read a list of argumments from Admins one month ago and now everything is like never has happens...

This post has been edited by maxsmart: Aug 27 2019, 18:43 PM

+
# 8Fishy Aug 28 2019, 22:08 PM
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...;#entry10219786

Read last post. Should answer many questions.

Also Max you are asking questions that are not actually questions because you know the answer already. You want to start a flame again? Please dont.

+
# 9Shanks Aug 29 2019, 11:16 AM
First and foremost, I can understand that some people want changes.
we know that bfme has been unchanged for so many years....

Whether patch or no patch was not the discussion, for a long time.
the discussion was, how far can you go with a new patch and how far is this accepted by the majority...

I know there were a lot of flames and insults in the discussions and I would like to apologize for my behavior, it was not appropriate.

I would also like to say that I have no personal problems with anyone and I hate no one of the community. There is just some i enjoy talking with and some i like to avoid. I dont know any one in real life.
Unfortunately, some feel personally attacked as soon as something is said against the patch!

Fact is, you do not always have to agree to accept, tolerate or even to like each other, I know that because I'm married: D,
therefore please do not take the following personally...

The number of games or the participating players does not change the fact that this patch is a mess and even if you deny it, it harms the community. Serious changes almost for every unit is just too much at once.

Again, I can understand that some are looking for changes! But for the sake of the community, it should be changes that everyone can accept. Please do not show up with statistics to show everyone how many games have been played, because thats not the point.

The approach was a big mistake, everyone got used to play at 1.06 for many years but the new patch is based on 1.02, which no one knows. Some see this as personal failure, if that does not work, and try to do it with all means and all the consequences but I want to remind you that everyone here loves BFME and loves to play it.

I do not want to go into the changes but just a look into the changelog shows me, that almost every unit got changed at least 3-4 times it is obvious that this can not go well.

I can remember times that are not so long ago. where we had dozens of games every day. maybe it was just me, but I was having fun, it would be a shame to give it up for personal purposes.

To get to the point, new patch? yes! but one patch which is based on 1.06 and acceptet by the majority.

A brand new start and a new approach, because trying to go back to 1.06 from this point is just going to be super hard.

Please do not see it as a withdrawal or a waste of time, see it as experience we all had to make.

That is my suggestion and thank you so much for your effort trying to evolve BFME.

This post has been edited by Shanks: Aug 29 2019, 11:42 AM

Clan: PIRATES

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 10TheTower Aug 29 2019, 11:40 AM
Shanks , the new 1.09 is based on 1.06.
Thanks
Goodbay and see u around

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 11maxsmart Aug 29 2019, 12:57 PM
Fishy, I wrote this 4 days ago, still no an admin answer.

They could say "Max we won't to go deep in details because we think that this solution is the best to no split still more the community", I think could be a good answer, one that i'll accept.

On the other hand, the silent could make me think, that someone has wormetongue someother, and asking please to continue making spam of his project here in a forum that owns to ALL the community, but only for the interest of a few..., even after say that they we're going to do it whatever it takes and the consecuences , because they have never said "we can try to find a mid point".
And now, admins silent could be intended like "better don't touch to avoid a fight between the friends of one or ethic"
Ofc this is only a supposition.

And now Tower, please, don't correct a man that knows much better than you the game an who started the discussion about a new patch, mainly because change price, ld and powers of almost all heros is not 102 or 106 starting point... is simply a experiment or whimp. Look the changelog, is a bad joke.

+
# 12gahvin Aug 29 2019, 13:09 PM
QUOTE(Shanks @ Aug 29 2019, 11:16 AM) *

everyone here loves BFME and loves to play it except me, I just post on forums

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 13TheTower Aug 29 2019, 13:14 PM
I do correct him cause he's wrong. He didnt understood that we have changed all our patch to get 1.06 basis so stop saying its 1.02 for god sake.

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 14Beterwel Aug 29 2019, 16:13 PM
Stop embarrassing yourself guys. 1.09 is a fact, you can't stop it. People play and enjoy it.

Nobody blames you for playing 1.06 and enjoying it, please stop harrassing people for liking 1.09 better. Thank you.

+
# 15Earendil Aug 29 2019, 16:23 PM
Guys it is unproductive to discuss this terms again.

Gamereplays has taken a decision which you can see here .

If you got the feeling the BETA team still ignores your matters or you got the feeling something is going wrong feel free to contact Val` who takes care of the BETA Patch development.

+
# 16suturbs Aug 29 2019, 21:17 PM
QUOTE(Kerkyra @ Aug 26 2019, 21:04 PM) *

evolve.

Sometimes evolution is backwards tho... But it is a reality too, if its "strong in the motion"...

(split is almost ok, as long as patch switching is pretty quick & easy... gl & hf)

This post has been edited by suturbs: Aug 29 2019, 21:20 PM

+
# 17Val` Aug 30 2019, 10:27 AM
Please stop uploading 1.09 reps in the actual rep system. It triggers alerts in staff sections, it also confuses and pollutes the replay section. All future 109 reps that are put in the rep system will be deleted, thats what the beta forum is for. if one day GR supports the final product then sure, but for now, no more uploads in rep system please.

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)