Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

1.04+ Beta3 Release + Feedback

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1-ExiLe` Oct 2 2019, 16:39 PM

Good day Generals!

The 1.04+ team would like to present the awaited BETA patch that is now out for testing! Aimed to balance the game a bit better, yet giving you the EXACT feel of 1.04! Unlike other community patches from the past.

Important note for those who care: Ladder games will count playing 1.04+ smile.gif Also, feel free to post GG's and ownage reps here too!

BETA 4.1:
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...owtopic=1058678

BETA 3 (outdated)

Attached File _1.04_Beta3.big.zip
Size: 922.45k
Number of downloads: 2459
Player Name Side Team

BETA 2 (outdated)

Attached File 1.04plusBETA2.3.big.rar
Size: 245.62k
Number of downloads: 782

Attached File 1.04plusBETA2.3.big.zip
Size: 922.43k
Number of downloads: 583
Player Name Side Team

BETA 1 (outdated)

Attached File 1.04Beta1.zip
Size: 890.43k
Number of downloads: 688
Player Name Side Team

Attached File 1.04Beta1.rar
Size: 226.65k
Number of downloads: 4757

Installing 1.04+ BETA
  • To apply the patch, first unzip/unrar the file, then just throw the .big file into your ZH Folder, usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour unless you moved it. Then just start your game.
  • If you wish to make a separate shortcut launcher, unzip/unrar the file first, then simply paste the .big file in the ZH Folder located in \My Documents, then duplicate your ZH desktop shortcut and copy paste the following commandline under properties after the "Target" line: -mod 1.04plusBETA2.3.big
    Attached ImageAttached Image
  • Or watch the installation video from Jundiyy:

The Changes
Our approach was to only change prices and build times of units/buildings and balance the timers of general promotions and superweapons, without touching any of the core-mechanics/parameters that change either micro-management, core unit balance or even the current macro META. To preserve the original pace of the game, we prioritized buffs over nerfs, that means that improving China was our starting point. Below are the changelogs for each faction:

BETA 4.1 changelog:
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...owtopic=1058678

BETA 3 changelog (outdated)

USA
Attached File USA_Changelog_BETA_3.pdf
Size: 191.63k
Number of downloads: 783

China
Attached File China_Changelog_BETA_3.pdf
Size: 203.5k
Number of downloads: 594

GLA
Attached File GLA_Changelog_BETA_3.pdf
Size: 161.78k
Number of downloads: 540

BETA 2 changelog(outdated)

USA
Attached File USA_Changelog_BETA_2.3.pdf
Size: 193.69k
Number of downloads: 290

China
Attached File China_Changelog_BETA_2.3.pdf
Size: 201.93k
Number of downloads: 251

GLA
Attached File GLA_Changelog_BETA_2.3.pdf
Size: 166.45k
Number of downloads: 218

BETA 1 changelog(outdated)

USA
Attached File USA.pdf
Size: 458.47k
Number of downloads: 757

China
Attached File China.pdf
Size: 461.7k
Number of downloads: 606

GLA
Attached File GLA.pdf
Size: 367.34k
Number of downloads: 539

Possible Fixes/Improvements
(Bug) fixes will be a part of the final Patch, however, they not included in this first BETA. We will gradually implement and test new fixes with each version. We especially want to hear from you, the community and we mainly would like to hear what should be fixed in 1.04+, the technical solutions, pros/cons etc. The following "bugs" are open for discussion and possibly get fixed if technically possible (without breaking other aspects of the game) and wanted by the community ofcourse:
  • Cameos.
  • Supply Drop Zone Microwave Tank bug.
  • Listening Outposts building targeting bug (Tank General).
  • Composite Armor bug (Fixed already!).
  • Gatling/Quad range bug.
  • Humvee air targeting bug (freezing) before TOW-Missile upgrade.
  • Toxin/Radiation removal bug (by force firing).
  • Nuclear/Toxin Shell bug that takes a Battle Bus to hole mode instantly.
  • Air-guard mode not targeting Cargo Planes.
  • Aircraft auto-land when out of ammo only (not when left idle).

Potential balancing changes, might not fit the main philosophy of the patch, but considered nonetheless:
  • Rebalancing Veterancy Experience Points System per unit (e.g. gaining less experience points for killing hackers).
  • Rebalancing the Reinforcement Pad (should probably be the same type and tier of unit for all factions)
  • Reducing the PDL deflection rate for AFG's Chinooks.
  • Rebalancing the reload/cooldown times for aircraft (e.g. reducing reload time for Vanilla Raptors/non-napalm Migs.)
  • Removing the ECM auto-disable behaviour for all China factions to make the micro-management of rocket deflection easier, but making disabling vehicles more micro intensive. This effectively gives the player more control over the unit as guard mode can still be used to mimic the retaliation mode.
We want to hear from you!
Besides the bug fixes we also gladly receive feedback about the new balance changes of course! We also like to invite you to the 1.04+ Discord channel:
IPB Image
We hope you'll give it a try and keep a lookout for (very) soon upcoming tournaments and money challenges!

HF Generals!

>>> 1.04+ REPLAYS TOPIC <<<
$100 Ladder Challenge (BETA 1)
BETA 1 League
$30 BO11 Boycah vs Fargo (BETA 2.3)
Tourny on 1.04+ (BETA 2.3, $530 sponsored by AKAbolony and ReLaX)
11 Games - Excal vs Google - Beta 3

This post has been edited by -ExiLe`: Jan 25 2022, 22:40 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Jundiyy Oct 6 2019, 08:27 AM
1.04+ has been released!
Remember, the ladder is the same for 1.04 and 1.04+, so it doesn't matter which one you play.
Hope you guys will enjoy it, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Feedback topics
AirForce Chinook price
Cargo plane guard mode
Out of ammo landing

This post has been edited by Jundiyy: Oct 26 2019, 09:30 AM

+
# 3`Legionnaire Oct 6 2019, 08:43 AM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Oct 2 2019, 17:39 PM) *

Possible Fixes/Improvements
  • Air-guard mode not targeting Cargo Planes.
  • Aircraft only auto-land when out of ammo.

To quote Microsoft: "That's not a bug, that's a feature."

Good players should just pay attention. I try to (as much as I can) keep my MiGs air-guarding in a safe spot, away from Cargo Planes. If I don't have any safe spots, I usually get 3 Gattling Tanks with a Speaker Tower, which will be enough most of the times. Yes, it's annoying when you accidentally set half your base aflame killing a few Hackers in the process... but yeah... just be a better player. I don't feel this is a bug as such.

If the player wants aircraft to stay up they'll need to guard/airguard. If you have a bunch of Super Weapon Auroras and you want to avoid destroying half your base because your enemy is placing scaffolds, then you just have to manually waypoint them in circles.

Please don't change these two mechanics! smile.gif

(Loving the patch so far though.)

+
# 4-ExiLe` Oct 6 2019, 09:15 AM
QUOTE(`Legionnaire @ Oct 6 2019, 10:43 AM) *

To quote Microsoft: "That's not a bug, that's a feature."

Good players should just pay attention. I try to (as much as I can) keep my MiGs air-guarding in a safe spot, away from Cargo Planes. If I don't have any safe spots, I usually get 3 Gattling Tanks with a Speaker Tower, which will be enough most of the times. Yes, it's annoying when you accidentally set half your base aflame killing a few Hackers in the process... but yeah... just be a better player. I don't feel this is a bug as such.

If the player wants aircraft to stay up they'll need to guard/airguard. If you have a bunch of Super Weapon Auroras and you want to avoid destroying half your base because your enemy is placing scaffolds, then you just have to manually waypoint them in circles.

Please don't change these two mechanics! smile.gif

(Loving the patch so far though.)

this is what we would like to hear. ty for your feedback!

and indeed, its not a bug, but a potential improvement for more convenience. Nothing has changed yet and won't change either if not wanted by the players.

In my personal opinion, some of the situations that are caused by these mechanics are just silly micro time wasters, an air mirror would be of much better quality and less messy when players can just focus on using planes more effectively. A solution for the cargo plane matter could by creating an alternative flight path so that they don't kamikaze straight over enemy bases (super silly aswell lol and not very realistic).

This post has been edited by -ExiLe`: Oct 6 2019, 09:19 AM

+
# 5xezon Oct 6 2019, 09:58 AM
It's a very good approach to not change any core mechanic. Fix bugs and tweak some values. Looks good to me.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 6-ExiLe` Oct 6 2019, 10:30 AM
QUOTE(xezon @ Oct 6 2019, 11:58 AM) *

It's a very good approach to not change any core mechanic. Fix bugs and tweak some values. Looks good to me.

I think everyone including (and especially) the pros/experts are gonna like it smile.gif

Another thing, feel free to post GG's and ownage reps here!

This post has been edited by -ExiLe`: Oct 6 2019, 10:57 AM

+
# 7_spL_ Oct 6 2019, 12:38 PM
looks ok, anyway nobody will play it unless it will be forced

+
# 8-ExiLe` Oct 6 2019, 12:44 PM
QUOTE(_spL_ @ Oct 6 2019, 14:38 PM) *

looks ok, anyway nobody will play it unless it will be forced

True, but in this stage it's Beta and we don't want to force anything yet, we just like to recieve feedback. Hopefully for the main release Xezon would approve to feature an autoinstaller in Gentool smile.gif

+
# 9waterrrable Oct 6 2019, 16:38 PM
internet center 1500 or even 1000. nobody use it now.

stingers 800.nobody gonna use more stingers because of the new prize.

gat turret 900.nobody use it now. also really weak,need to get boosted.

nuke general nuke canon to 1200-would be nice if nuke general would use more nuke canons.also nuke sw to 4250

tank helix to 1600. cant put tanks inside tank helix.

Commandcenter radar to 250 for all china factions

dozers of all factions to 900.

Land Mines upgrade for all china factions bunkers to 300

gla with power only need to gain 25% building speed on all buildings and units. not 50%. makes gla way too strong.

avenger prize to 1750 for usa and swg.

standard supplys 25% more money.

airforce upgrade center to 3000 or 3500

+
# 10 Sonic Oct 7 2019, 10:46 AM
looks good guys, but i'm not sure about some changes tongue.gif. i necessarily will try it after when scuba will bashed me in WS biggrin.gif --> hey jundiyy, i'm coming to you biggrin.gif

+
# 11-ExiLe` Oct 7 2019, 10:52 AM
QUOTE(waterrrable @ Oct 6 2019, 18:38 PM) *

internet center 1500 or even 1000. nobody use it now.

stingers 800.nobody gonna use more stingers because of the new prize.

gat turret 900.nobody use it now. also really weak,need to get boosted.

nuke general nuke canon to 1200-would be nice if nuke general would use more nuke canons.also nuke sw to 4250

tank helix to 1600. cant put tanks inside tank helix.

Commandcenter radar to 250 for all china factions

dozers of all factions to 900.

Land Mines upgrade for all china factions bunkers to 300

gla with power only need to gain 25% building speed on all buildings and units. not 50%. makes gla way too strong.

avenger prize to 1750 for usa and swg.

standard supplys 25% more money.

airforce upgrade center to 3000 or 3500

Ty for your feedback.

You might think differently though about a lot of those things after having spammed more games, either 1.04 or 1.04+ wink.gif

Two rules we used during development:

1. A small improvement is still an improvement. Overdoing things only makes worse.

2. Multiple smaller changes makes a bigger change together.

If you like detailed feedback per point, let me know, maybe these could be tips for your 'road to expert' aswell wink.gif

+
# 12Jundiyy Oct 7 2019, 13:30 PM
QUOTE(ZaRz @ Oct 7 2019, 10:46 AM) *

looks good guys, but i'm not sure about some changes tongue.gif. i necessarily will try it after when scuba will bashed me in WS biggrin.gif --> hey jundiyy, i'm coming to you biggrin.gif

Hehe smile.gif No worries, I will be waiting. Have to get you back for the WS2017 knockout biggrin.gif

+
# 13Leikeze Oct 7 2019, 21:36 PM
Ah, nice to see you guys finally release this. Now fire up those challenges.

Clan: WbG

+
# 14Leikeze Oct 8 2019, 14:26 PM
Hmm, no channel link for people to find other players?!?

Join the 1.04+ Discord Channel IPB Image

+
# 15Dense Oct 8 2019, 17:47 PM
Fix: Yes/No

* Supply Drop Zone Microwave Tank bug. = Yes, obvious exploit.
* Listening Outposts building targeting bug. = Yes, obvious & obnoxious bug.
* Gatling/quad range bug. = No, this rarely happens, and even more rarely influences games
* Nuclear/Toxin Shell bug that takes a Battle Bus to hole mode instantly. = Not sure which bug this is, but please do not fix that a buss can sometimes NOT unload in hole mode. This random bug makes for better games, since busses are OP.
* Air-guard mode not targeting Cargo Planes. = No, is a skill as Legionaire said.
* Aircraft only auto-land when out of ammo. = No, is a skill, implemented for a reason.
* Humvee air targeting bug (freezing) before TOW-Missile upgrade. = Unknown bug to me (vs Air units?), explain plz.

Add to Fix:

* Flamer gets bugged before attacking, it twists and turns or freezes before making flamewall. Especially with laggy games.
* Toxin Tractor residue stays for 5 minutes (with Contaminate Area), instead of like 30 seconds. I do not know what causes it, someone said giving it a command shortly before dying, or maybe it is the way it dies.

+
# 16Leikeze Oct 8 2019, 18:03 PM
QUOTE(Quadriple @ Oct 8 2019, 12:47 PM) *

Fix: Yes/No
* Nuclear/Toxin Shell bug that takes a Battle Bus to hole mode instantly. = Not sure which bug this is, but please do not fix that a buss can sometimes NOT unload in hole mode. This random bug makes for better games, since busses are OP.
* Humvee air targeting bug (freezing) before TOW-Missile upgrade. = Unknown bug to me (vs Air units?), explain plz.

Add to Fix:

* Flamer gets bugged before attacking, it twists and turns or freezes before making flamewall. Especially with laggy games.
* Toxin Tractor residue stays for 5 minutes (with Contaminate Area), instead of like 30 seconds. I do not know what causes it, someone said giving it a command shortly before dying, or maybe it is the way it dies.

Thanks for the thoughts. smile.gif

A Nuke/Tox tank fires a shell at the Bus and it goes from whatever health points it had, to being in the bunker state - Very annoying. I'm surprised that you wouldn't want such a bad bug as buses not being able to unload, that one can break games.

When you use attack move and the Humvees start stuttering forward as they try to target aircraft with the TOW missiles that they do not have.

The Dragon tank is just a wonky unit by design, and those issues stem more from lag than anything else.

Is the Toxin tractor an issue in 99.99% of games? Even if it does leave the Contamination, it may be cleared by your own Toxins, Radiation, or an Ambulance afaik.

+
# 17xezon Oct 8 2019, 18:21 PM
When you can, please also fix scud bug and tunnel bug. No need to rely on GenTool fixes only.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 18-ExiLe` Oct 8 2019, 18:37 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Oct 8 2019, 20:21 PM) *

When you can, please also fix scud bug and tunnel bug. No need to rely on GenTool fixes only.

We were discussing the scud bug already, even a technical solution was given to us. But we weren't sure if it was needed cause of GT, but now we do wink.gif

+
# 19Dense Oct 8 2019, 19:12 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Oct 8 2019, 18:03 PM) *

Thanks for the thoughts. smile.gif

A Nuke/Tox tank fires a shell at the Bus and it goes from whatever health points it had, to being in the bunker state - Very annoying. I'm surprised that you wouldn't want such a bad bug as buses not being able to unload, that one can break games.

When you use attack move and the Humvees start stuttering forward as they try to target aircraft with the TOW missiles that they do not have.

The Dragon tank is just a wonky unit by design, and those issues stem more from lag than anything else.

Is the Toxin tractor an issue in 99.99% of games? Even if it does leave the Contamination, it may be cleared by your own Toxins, Radiation, or an Ambulance afaik.

Okay that Nuke/Tox bug definitely needs fixing then. On the unloading, imo the whole unloading in itself is O. The buss itself usually does tremendous damage+still needs to be killed in the hole mode (which can force fire as well). Unloading just buffs it even more. But I don't know if everybody feels about it that way. Thats why I actually like the random bug that it can't unload. Like a balancing bug tongue.gif

Yes, that is a good one to fix. No TOW = Don't attack air for vees themselves (loaded MD's should ofcourse).

Well that maybe true, but one of China's best units & it happens a lot. Makes a big change sometimes, plz fix.

In GLA vs GLA mirrors it is used frequently. And that can be very annoying, especially when you can not get rid of it for 1. no time to make Tractor, while fighting 2. Even with tox rebel/other tractor trying to 'forcefire clear', the contamination sometimes won't dissapear. It is a minor bug quantity wise, true.

This post has been edited by Quadriple: Oct 8 2019, 19:18 PM

+
# 20Jundiyy Oct 8 2019, 19:59 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Oct 8 2019, 18:21 PM) *

QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Oct 8 2019, 18:37 PM) *

We were discussing the scud bug already, even a technical solution was given to us. But we weren't sure if it was needed cause of GT, but now we do wink.gif

Lol, we did discuss this and thought since GT fixes it and the pvp player base usually has GT, we might not need to. But ok, we can add that in as well.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)