Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

missing terrain decals

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1JediJoe84 Oct 15 2019, 10:25 AM
Apologies if this was already addressed somewhere, I did try to find a previous topic but didn't find anything relating to this issue. I recently got a new gaming laptop and installed Battle for Middle Earth 1 and upgraded to the HD patch 1.06. Everything works fine, except for one thing. Decals that get drawn on the ground by special powers like tainted land, elven wood, or the summon allies special powers just don't show up at all. Tainted land and elven wood just leave big dark gray and green tinted circles on the ground where the actual texture should be. Is there something wrong with my game or is this something new with how modern systems are rendering effects?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 2Corazon761 Oct 15 2019, 19:35 PM
hi, i think this has something to do with modern systems, you can get it back to normal from your graphics card setting

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3JediJoe84 Oct 17 2019, 15:55 PM
THANK YOU! I played around with my Nvidia settings and now the terrain decals are showing up. But I noticed the water also looks like crap. Any chance this can be fixed the same way? I'm poking around my graphics cards settings but so far no luck on the water rendering.

+
# 4Corazon761 Oct 17 2019, 17:29 PM
hm idk i never had or seen problems on waters, normaly it look like this

Attached Image
Attached Image

+
# 5JediJoe84 Oct 17 2019, 18:08 PM
Ah ok. On further inspection that's exactly what mine looks like now. I hadn't noticed at first because it was under the fog of war haha. But before I had poked around in the graphics card settings for the terrain textures, the water surface was solid and looked like absolute garbage. So I guess this fixed all of it. Thanks again for your help. smile.gif

+
# 6Corazon761 Oct 17 2019, 18:28 PM
no problem

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)