Explore GameReplays...

C&C:Remastered - Game Play Teaser

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1cwedvin Oct 25 2019, 21:21 PM
It has been a while since we last got news regarding Command & Conquer Remastered but today we provide you with an update! In fact, the folks over at EA, Petroglyph Games and Lemon Sky Studios have released the first gameplay teaser for C&C Remastered which you can check out below.

Producer Jim Vessela has also updated the community with regards to the development of the modernised assets and how at a click of a button you are able to switch resolutions between the "Legacy" and "Remastered" graphics. Do head to C&C's Reddit to see his full update to the C&C community! In addition, EA has also launched an official site for the community to keep up-to-date with news from the C&C Remastered team.

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

Crazy to believe it's nearly been one year since we formally announced the C&C Remaster and began development with Petroglyph Games and Lemon Sky Studios. To celebrate this milestone, today we're excited to showcase one of our biggest reveals on the journey so far - a first teaser of the game in action!

And with this teaser comes an answer to one of your key questions from the past year:

"Is the Remaster going to be in 2D or 3D?"

We're ready to share the Remaster has been developed in the classic 2D visual style, unlocking our ability to stay as authentic as possible to the original games. Below we'd like to provide more details on how we're approaching these visuals, and why we felt the 2D style was the best fit for the project.
Source: C&C Reddit

Twitter Image
Discord Image

This post has been edited by ~AngelOfDeath~: Nov 6 2019, 19:44 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Clan: Cant win

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Oliver de Clisson Nov 4 2019, 11:20 AM

All what makes sense is immidiatly remastering C&C Generals and Kanes Wrath/Tiberium Wars, Red Alert 3. The more modern RTS titles among the series. I also never played these, but for the C&C Fan + RTS Player of todays present and near future these three titles are the best way to go. Nobody who is serious cairs about the 2D Titles. These 2D Remasters will not sell. They may be cheap to remaster, thats why they begin with them.

Or finally finance the making of the third American McGee Game "Alice Asylum" instead of investing money and time into the not fun anymore 2D C&C Titles

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: Nov 6 2019, 16:15 PM

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3cwedvin Nov 4 2019, 21:21 PM
I am interested in seeing how this ends up going.

so far it seems like it will turn out good,

but i still have some dubt.

but ill give the game try, (doh ill remain to ra3 forever tongue.gif)

the teaser looks Nice, doh i prefer the old grapics actually tongue.gif

+
# 4Leikeze Nov 4 2019, 22:21 PM
We'll see how it goes in the coming months, so far I am trying to be impressed, even if the ground texture is rather boring.

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5cwedvin Nov 4 2019, 22:27 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Nov 4 2019, 22:21 PM) *

We'll see how it goes in the coming months, so far I am trying to be impressed, even if the ground texture is rather boring.

gotta say +1

but insdead of ground texture is boring, i am just to happy that i found ra3 got online servers still, so i wont Focus on anything else for the next 20 years.

+
# 6Leikeze Nov 4 2019, 22:28 PM
20 years is a long time...

+
# 7cwedvin Nov 4 2019, 22:30 PM
not long enough, i got 11 years under my belt of ra3 so far. i need pvp practice but other than that i am high skilled, not pro yet, but high skill.

i will get there, i love ra3 a little to mutch. but i dont mind smile.gif

+
# 8Leikeze Nov 4 2019, 22:37 PM
Perhaps if the Remasters don't pan out you can always go for RA3 Expert.

+
# 9cwedvin Nov 4 2019, 22:47 PM
thats the goal. but its a long way.

edit; lets remain to the topic doh tongue.gif

This post has been edited by cwedvin: Nov 4 2019, 22:52 PM

+
# 10Leikeze Nov 4 2019, 22:56 PM
On topic,

What are your thoughts on the "HD" fire?

+
# 11cwedvin Nov 5 2019, 10:54 AM
I like it. But I wish I could see the old fire to compere.

+
# 12Leikeze Nov 5 2019, 14:08 PM
You can always look up some gameplay footage to see the old fire.

Here it is in a Gameplay example:

It kinda looked like this in higher resolutions:

Overall, very MS Paint quality.

+
# 13cwedvin Nov 5 2019, 20:27 PM
fun fact i just remembered.

some one uploaded the entire game on one of Our norwigen free webrowser game sites.

so i can play the first tw game, on a webrowser tongue.gif

+
# 14methuselah Nov 6 2019, 16:25 PM
I knew going into it that what I wanted wasn't what I was going to get. What I want is the whole thing re engineered, I don't mean I want a brand new game out of it the game was great but I wanted TD looking like it was engineered in 2020 and that isn't what we're getting.

Having said that I will buy it without question, I will enjoy it thoroughly and I'm hopeful for the signal it sends as far as their being a little life in a once great franchise.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: Generals 2

+
# 15cwedvin Nov 6 2019, 20:59 PM
QUOTE(methuselah @ Nov 6 2019, 16:25 PM) *

I knew going into it that what I wanted wasn't what I was going to get. What I want is the whole thing re engineered, I don't mean I want a brand new game out of it the game was great but I wanted TD looking like it was engineered in 2020 and that isn't what we're getting.

Having said that I will buy it without question, I will enjoy it thoroughly and I'm hopeful for the signal it sends as far as their being a little life in a once great franchise.

in once a greate franchise,

always a great franchise dry.gif

wanna take a game when it comes out doh? (man i am asking every one these days if they wanna take games With me tongue.gif)

-------------------------------------------------------------

lets all hope this turns out for the best. c&c is a fracnchise wich deserves more love these days for what it is.

and hey who knows prehaps this beats star Craft 2 tongue.gif

+
# 16methuselah Nov 8 2019, 14:57 PM
QUOTE(cwedvin @ Nov 6 2019, 15:59 PM) *

wanna take a game when it comes out doh? (man i am asking every one these days if they wanna take games With me tongue.gif )

Absolutely! Some of the best times I've ever had playing C&C were team based games with my GR buddies I'm totally in!

+
# 17cwedvin Nov 9 2019, 19:12 PM
QUOTE(methuselah @ Nov 8 2019, 14:57 PM) *

Absolutely! Some of the best times I've ever had playing C&C were team based games with my GR buddies I'm totally in!

ah Sweet. team games are fun smile.gif

doh i also like to fight 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 aswell so wink.gif

but hey just give me a shout if you want to take a few games at any time smile.gif

on topic

when do you guys think the game will come out?

+
# 18methuselah Nov 9 2019, 20:14 PM
I love 1v1 as well, no idea at this point they are not even hinting. I'm guessing when they start to get serious about a date commandandconquer.com will have a new look.

That is just a guess though!

+
# 19Leikeze Nov 9 2019, 20:15 PM
I see, just a guess. wink.gif

+
# 20methuselah Nov 9 2019, 20:31 PM
Covering my arse tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)