Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

How to Edit Graphics in Zero Hour

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Leikeze Jan 11 2020, 22:15 PM
Portal Post - Guide

You may download all of the most commonly edited graphics here instead of searching for them on your own:
  • Attached File Textures.zip
    Size: 24.15mb
    Number of downloads: 173
    Player Name Side Team
  • Attached File Textures1.zip
    Size: 7.66mb
    Number of downloads: 87
    Player Name Side Team

FAQ

• Not sure what the "editing mainmenuruleruserinterface.tga to transparent" part does? Which menu border?

The menu boarder as in the default blue overlay covering the corners of your menu, here is a visual example of what it achieve to make this transparent:
Visible / Transparent

• Do all images have to be saved to the Art/Textures folder, no matter what one wants to change (icons, backgrounds...)?

Yes, all images that you change are placed in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour\Data\english\Art\Textures
  • Why do I have to extract two .tga files to change my menu background if I only need to change one image?

The reason behind that is so your After-Action Report will share the same background as your main background, as these are two separate images in the game files. Here is what it looks like after finishing games with a custom image instead of the standard one:
  • How does all of that even work? I mean, I extract images, edit them but save them somewhere else? For me it would make sense if I had to put the edited images back to the .big archive and not save them in a completely different folder?!

Well, it may make more sense to do that, however, it is a lot simpler to just throw them all into one folder in the aforementioned path, because you would otherwise have to reinstall ZH to get your original images back, unless you made backups.

Have questions? Leave them below.

This post has been edited by Leikeze: Jan 12 2020, 17:58 PM

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Leikeze Jan 12 2020, 18:37 PM
Who has the best custom graphics in ZH?

+
# 3-ExiLe` Jan 12 2020, 18:57 PM
Haha epic edit

Btw you dont have to make it transparant if you just edit that file to be your background

+
# 4Leikeze Jan 12 2020, 19:07 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Jan 12 2020, 13:57 PM) *

Haha epic edit

Btw you dont have to make it transparant if you just edit that file to be your background

Yeah, but you know, for purposes of extending the guide and all. tongue.gif

+
# 5-ExiLe` Jan 12 2020, 21:31 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jan 12 2020, 20:07 PM) *

Yeah, but you know, for purposes of extending the guide and all. tongue.gif

lol ^^

as for the background image dimensions, the best advice is do these two things:
- first resize your wallpaper to 1600x1200
- Next paste it in the top left corner of a 2048x2048 canvas of any color (or transparent)

And yes this works also best for 1080p screens, I know this sounds like raping image quality, however I tried all other logical (larger) dimensions but this still gives the best result.

Obviously this needs to be converted/exported to tga if it wasn't already (can use online converter too).

Seems you did exactly this though, cause your tga version of "'19's coolest wallpaper" looks optimal.

But nice little guide wink.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)