CNC Zero Hour

-DoMiNaToR- & BoYcaH0 - Observer-collusion - Valid

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1HaWkY^ Feb 9 2020, 10:04 AM
QUOTE(spalding @ Feb 9 2020, 02:14 AM) *

Someone please explain it to me, I'm all ears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i01ixXTyCIc...u.be&t=3518
such a pathetic display of sportmanship

I remember a while ago people did convicted of maphack for using a third party program eg team speak etc to help their partner.

Dominator and Boycah should both receive bans and be put on the list of shame for use of third party programs to give themselves and advantage.

Teamspeak/discord or whatever it is maphack. Its worse than maphack.

This post has been edited by Ka$$aD: Feb 17 2020, 11:11 AM

Clan: -MaD|

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Peralva Feb 10 2020, 19:36 PM
Tonight will be fun biggrin.gif

Edit: well, guess what, there's a very long topic about this on the staff forum, so it may take some more time than I expected...

This post has been edited by Peralva: Feb 10 2020, 20:05 PM

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3HaWkY^ Feb 11 2020, 08:50 AM
Just open it and let the fun commence

+
# 4Peralva Feb 11 2020, 14:12 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ Feb 11 2020, 05:50 AM) *

Just open it and let the fun commence

laugh.gif

+
# 5HaWkY^ Feb 11 2020, 15:51 PM
Might even be as fun as the MeZa conviction topic.

+
# 6Peralva Feb 11 2020, 17:05 PM
Who's Meza?

+
# 7HaWkY^ Feb 11 2020, 17:34 PM
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...401&hl=meza

Old skool player.

+
# 8HaWkY^ Feb 13 2020, 22:29 PM
Id like to rephrase on this after looking again.

Boycah did nothing wrong. It was dominator cheating

+
# 9Ka$$aD Feb 17 2020, 11:10 AM
When Dominator surrendered he told Boycah about four incoming Helixes. Boycah reacted to that information by building stinger sites in his base. Moreover, Dominator told Boycah about an enemy supply at the bottom left corner, Boycah reacted to that information by sending his Jarmen down there, blowing up the supply building. Boycah did still lose the match a minute later.

This is a violation of our Fair Play Rule Book, in this particular case it is a matter of Accusing Players of Observer-collusion, which will punished based upon the severity of actions taken by those in violation.

I take the following mitigating circumstances into consideration:
  • Boycah did still lose the match shortly after Dominator has surrendered
  • His opponent (Crazy) did not mind them using voice chat for this particular issue
  • The match was not part of an official GameReplays event
  • The match has been played on Gameranger

Therefore I issue a stern warning to BoYcaH0 and -DoMiNaToR- for this first offence violation. It must be understood that a subsequent violation is likely to carry a much more severe penalty and could extend to a suspension from C&C:Online access.

Let me explain to you what lead to this verdict:

While most players did not know of the presence of that particular rule common sense should tell a player that abusing voice chat for such matters is a very unsportsmanlike conduct. Accordingly, this rule will remain in our Fair Play Rule Book. However, maphack and voice chat offenses can not to be treated equally. There are major differences. For one, the player who sees everything does not actively play. And the player who plays, cannot directly see units in fog and also cannot click on them. The amount of information you can give is limited. Prior to this verdict we (the ZH staff) have improved our Fair Play rules accordingly.

One of our main goals is to maintain a competitive and cheat-free gaming environment to feel comfortable with. As more and more old VODs have been posted where different players abuse voice chat on live stream we don't see any benefit for our gaming environment from imposing suspensions for these recent infringements. To improve sportsmanship between the players we need to raise awareness of this rule's existence and find reasonable solutions for those not sticking to the rules in future. That is what we have done. Past has shown that we don't shy away from treating every player the same regarding Fair Play issues and we still do, but in this case we deem it proper to rather improve our rules for future incidents rather than sticking to an outdated rule just for the sake of it.

+
# 10spalding Feb 17 2020, 14:49 PM
QUOTE(Ka$$aD @ Feb 17 2020, 13:10 PM) *

I take the following mitigating circumstances into consideration:[list]
[*]Boycah did still lose the match shortly after Dominator has surrendered

so if I dope in the tour de france but don't end up winning it, the punishment should be less severe than if I ended up winning it? are you telling me multiple adults with a working brain ended up reaching this conclusion? LOL, you couldn't make this shit up hahaha

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 11CirezD Feb 17 2020, 14:54 PM
QUOTE(spalding @ Feb 17 2020, 15:49 PM) *

so if I dope in the tour de france but don't end up winning it, the punishment should be less severe than if I ended up winning it? are you telling me multiple adults with a working brain ended up reaching this conclusion? LOL, you couldn't make this shit up hahaha

this +1

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+
# 12Ka$$aD Feb 17 2020, 14:56 PM
QUOTE(spalding @ Feb 17 2020, 14:49 PM) *

If this sentence is the only one you don't agree with everything is fine. Just the usual nitpicking I guess, I can live with that smile.gif

FYI, it does not really make a difference whether Boycah won the match or not and I could have left out that passage. But if he won that match or even the whole best of series with voice chat abusing the drama would be much worse now. Still the same verdict, though.

+
# 13spalding Feb 17 2020, 15:17 PM
I mean I could also point out how 90%+ of the past convictions weren't based on gamereplays events either but just regular CW matches/ladder games/FFGs aswell but it's hard to take a post serious that begins like this when multiple people have discussed this for several days apparently, nodded their heads and were like "yep that makes sense to me".

You basically took a point that Dominator made in the thread I posted, that made absolutely no sense when he posted it and then cited it as "mitigating circumstances" without giving it half a minute of thought because that's the absolute longest it should take anyone to realize how stupid his point was. to me that's just embarrassing, honestly.

Just be transparent and say they've done good things for the community so we're going to bend the rules a bit in this case and be done with it. People would be fine with that for the most part. Trying to publicly justify it like that though makes you look very biased to anyone who isn't an ape.

This post has been edited by spalding: Feb 17 2020, 15:34 PM

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 14Ka$$aD Feb 17 2020, 15:29 PM
Wrong. Convictions of incidents that neither happened in GameReplays events nor on C&C:Online servers are extremely rare.

+
# 15MrX Feb 17 2020, 18:36 PM
I can understand that you did not want to suspend ZH's most known streamer who is also an expert. And a player where some people want to him to become expert as soon as possible. That would have a bad effect on Gamereplays Activity and both could have stopped playing then for a while or something like this. So you chose to change an existing rule and let them both get away with nearly nothing.

But when you say in the topic title:
"-DoMiNaToR- & BoYcaH0 - Observer-collusion - Valid"
then I would also expect to see them on this list:
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...p?showtopic=735

I know it was not easy. Politics have changed the outcome here. If 2 random noobs had done this, the result would have been different imo. Lucky I had not to decide here.

This post has been edited by MrX: Feb 17 2020, 18:39 PM

+
# 16JarmenElectra Feb 17 2020, 19:05 PM
A warning to everyone is enough IMO. The lines were blurred about replays stance on this, the next instance caught should be treated like MH now its been clarified what their position on it is.

What do you guys actually want? What outcome do you think is fitting?

Hall of shame no longer gets updated BTW

This post has been edited by JarmenElectra: Feb 17 2020, 19:12 PM

+
# 17xezon Feb 17 2020, 19:13 PM
QUOTE(JarmenElectra @ Feb 17 2020, 21:05 PM) *
What do you guys actually want?

Sex and riches? unsure.gif

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 18JarmenElectra Feb 17 2020, 19:20 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Feb 17 2020, 19:13 PM) *

Sex and riches? unsure.gif

We all want that, but im starting to think the purpose of this whole thing is actually just to put GR in an awkward position

+
# 19MrX Feb 17 2020, 19:23 PM
QUOTE(JarmenElectra @ Feb 17 2020, 20:05 PM) *

1. What do you guys actually want? What outcome do you think is fitting?

2. Hall of shame no longer gets updated BTW

1. The rules were clearly stated before. So normally you had to expect them to be convicted maphacker. But the reasons above etc made a decision pretty tough on this. In the end they changed the text of the rules / added a new rule instead of the old one. You could say boycah got away twice in 30 days by rules that changed afterwards (if you remember the clanwars dodge rule aswell). tongue.gif

2. Is this really the case?

+
# 20JarmenElectra Feb 17 2020, 19:53 PM
QUOTE(MrX @ Feb 17 2020, 19:23 PM) *

2. Is this really the case?

I think so yes, havent actually looked at it but I thought it got discontinued some time ago

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)