Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Maga777 - Intentional Mismatch - Invalid

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Nozferatu82 Feb 23 2020, 21:42 PM
context: 2v2v2 defocon with pro rules game but with no rush allowed for 10 mins. it was a gg up until maga777's team failed to kill anyone by around 20 mins and Maga777 (Cyan) decided to build two nukes and at around 23mins of the replay he can be seen to use the nukes to wipe out reds entire attacking army.
as far as i understand pro rules are as follows:

no sw except 1 for sw general and 1 then sell for nuclear tank upgrades if china.
no demo upgrade for demo gen.
no aurora alphas or nuke migs
no demo bikes

this of course leads to the other two teams turning on him as he breached the rules of the game and this made the entire game decend into sw spam and everyone started building the banned items under pro rules.
when it becomes clear to Maga777 that he is going to lose he makes the game mismatch and laughs. these kind of toxic players who cant take a loss despite their efforts to cheat should be banned IMHO, i hope you agree.

This post has been edited by Ka$$aD: Feb 25 2020, 08:43 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File maga777__sw_and_mismatch_cheater.rep
Size: 308.54k
Number of downloads: 4
Player Name Side Team
Shreddder 1
Maga777 2
Nozferatu82* 1
-Sp 2
tankman043 3
moab2323 3

+
# 2~JoKeR~ Feb 24 2020, 14:17 PM
Can you share a screenshot of the game mismatching and he laughing?

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Nozferatu82 Feb 25 2020, 03:45 AM
no i didnt think to do that at the time but as the replay comes to an abrupt end is where it mm'd

+
# 4Ka$$aD Feb 25 2020, 08:43 AM
Welcome to GameReplays Nozferatu82 smile.gif

We don't take actions against people that break ingame rules such as "pro rules" or "no rush" as we can't know what has been agreed on. If a player is known for not playing by those rules it would be best to kick that player from any further games.

Mismatching on purpose, however, is a behaviour we would penalise if there was 100 % evidence. From our Fair Play Rules:
QUOTE(Serby @ Apr 9 2015, 14:21 PM) *

Accusing a Player of Intentionally Mismatching

When you think someone cheated by intentionally Mismatching the game, please follow these steps to ensure you make a proper accusation:
  • Save the Replay and rename it.
  • You must post a screenshot of a player saying "I'm going to mismatch!", "MM time", or similar statements which clearly show that the player is planning to cause an intentional mismatch. Look here for an Example. Just saying "goodbye" etc. and then mismatching is suspicious but not proof. The more statements, the more evidence there is for the MapHack Replay Reviewer to convict for Intentional Mismatch, because only the statements can prove intent.
  • A screenshot of the game notification "Game has detected a mismatch. This means the multiplayer game has lost synchronization data between the players". Look here for an Example (note, this example show the German version of the game).
  • Attach the replay.
Please note that, if ladder games repeatedly mismatch while the accused player is in a losing position, we may take that as evidence that the mismatches are being caused intentionally

As we lack important evidence here (screenshots), we can't do anything. The player Maga777 could have been the one causing the mismatch on purpose but it could also have been someone else or a random bug that appeared. That is nothing but a faint suspicion and we don't take actions based on suspicions.

Nevertheless, thank you for reporting and please don't hesitate to file another report when you see need to do so.

+
# 5Nozferatu82 Feb 25 2020, 15:40 PM
okay thanks for clearing up where you stand on this and taking the time to inform me further. it seems that maga777 is smart enough not to provide the direct evidence needed to ban him, and its an eye opener to know that in game rules are unenforcable. i heard you have a good policy on banning cheaters and in future i will endeavour to provide screenshots of any further occurances.

I must add however i am very disappointed that no action can be taken and it has made me remember why i stopped playing this otherwise brilliant game all those years ago. sad.gif

+
# 6Ka$$aD Feb 25 2020, 16:20 PM
QUOTE(Nozferatu82 @ Feb 25 2020, 15:40 PM) *
I must add however i am very disappointed that no action can be taken and it has made me remember why i stopped playing this otherwise brilliant game all those years ago. sad.gif

Years ago the problem with cheaters, disconnecters and mismatchers was much worse than nowadays. Right now this does not happen too often anymore. That being said, mismatches also do occur here and there without anyone's intention but rather as an unfortunate bug.

+
# 7JarmenElectra Feb 27 2020, 20:53 PM
QUOTE(Nozferatu82 @ Feb 25 2020, 15:40 PM) *

okay thanks for clearing up where you stand on this and taking the time to inform me further. it seems that maga777 is smart enough not to provide the direct evidence needed to ban him, and its an eye opener to know that in game rules are unenforcable. i heard you have a good policy on banning cheaters and in future i will endeavour to provide screenshots of any further occurances.

Mismatches arent always intenional and can happen by mistake at times (most cases of MM are accidental).
Sadly though the evidence required to convict a MM'er is near impossible to obtain unless they're an idiot, or dont care.

+
# 8Leikeze Feb 27 2020, 21:04 PM
Well, it used to be a lot more common for people to announce the mismatch before doing it.

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 9Ka$$aD Feb 27 2020, 21:31 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Feb 27 2020, 21:04 PM) *
Well, it used to be a lot more common for people to announce the mismatch before doing it.

Without the announcement it feels like a lot of people don't bother to mismatch anymore. I mean, why mismatch if you can't proudly claim that ruined game as your achievment? Temptation to mismatch decreased a lot I think.

+
# 10JarmenElectra Feb 27 2020, 22:13 PM
QUOTE(Ka$$aD @ Feb 27 2020, 21:31 PM) *

Without the announcement it feels like a lot of people don't bother to mismatch anymore. I mean, why mismatch if you can't proudly claim that ruined game as your achievment? Temptation to mismatch decreased a lot I think.

it happens in 2v2v2 the most, but not that much. Maybe like 10-15%, and probably 8-12% of that was unintenional.
I spose I can see someone doing it when angered, but no one will get a win stat for defcon anyway. Win the game and you get a loss lol, may as well turn stats off for team games altogether (alpine the only other person to realise this)

+
# 11Nozferatu82 Mar 2 2020, 13:12 PM
QUOTE(JarmenElectra @ Feb 27 2020, 22:13 PM) *

..., but no one will get a win stat for defcon anyway. Win the game and you get a loss lol, may as well turn stats off for team games altogether (alpine the only other person to realise this)

sorry what do you mean you get a loss if you win? is this a gentool bug or something?

+
# 12Phoenix- Mar 2 2020, 14:35 PM
QUOTE(Nozferatu82 @ Mar 2 2020, 14:12 PM) *

sorry what do you mean you get a loss if you win? is this a gentool bug or something?

It's the same issue with some normal 1 vs 1 games. If you quit after the game stats won't record.

+
# 13JarmenElectra Mar 2 2020, 18:45 PM
QUOTE(Nozferatu82 @ Mar 2 2020, 13:12 PM) *

wins dont typically record, you can even get a loss or dc stat for winning a game on defcon for instance. Its why you see most people with negative stats like 30/200 10/88 etc, they dont suck that much in reality.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)