Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

More Modded Tournaments?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1A.Productions YT Mar 4 2020, 23:10 PM
This is basically to keep the game alive a bit more (and maybe to add some exposure to mods for the game), but I was wondering whether it'd be possible to host modded tournaments. I know there is a mod section on the website, but I don't know if this is necessarily allowed as it is not the original game. I suggest Tiberium Essence, a good mod for Tib Wars and there is a discord and everything. I really don't think it'd be hard to set one up, but I have to clarify with other peeps to know whether this can go ahead or not.

Mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberium-essence

Discord: https://discord.gg/xgHRJ7H

Clan: Cant win

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Claymore92 Mar 5 2020, 13:52 PM
Assuming there is someone willing to host a tournament, you are allowed to host a tournament on any mod you want (unless it contains material GameReplays and/or Revora deem stolen and such cases are not known in TW).

+
# 3A.Productions YT Mar 5 2020, 19:25 PM
Fantastic. Also well done on admin. I've only just noticed that XD.

+
# 4Claymore92 Mar 5 2020, 20:39 PM
Thanks. The KW admin is only a temporary position though. If all goes well I should get an admin role somewhere else soon.

+
# 5A.Productions YT Mar 5 2020, 22:28 PM
Nice. The admins in the discord say that they'd like that. I myself cannot in the near future give any money to the tournament at the moment. But I should be getting some income soon. If one is to be started up, would you and Edvin mind pitching in some moolah for the first tournament, and I'l see if I can donate any more in the subsequent ones?

+
# 6Claymore92 Mar 5 2020, 23:00 PM
I have stopped hosting tournaments due to staggering lack of interest which started about August 2019. I do, however, plan on hosting tournaments for the remastered C&Cs once they are out.

Do keep in mind that you do not need money to host a successful tournament (of course it is better to give away prizes if you can). I've hosted a number of successful tournaments (12 participants) without any prize money. All you need is a host and a few players.

So, unfortunately, I have to refuse donating money to a tournament. I would not mind donating, which I have done in past, if the circumstances were somewhat better, but as I said, the lack of interest is staggering.

+
# 7A.Productions YT Mar 6 2020, 08:06 AM
Oh well. I'll see how many people are wanting to join from the Discord server, and then I'll know whether to set one up. Good luck with your promotion for the Remasters!

+
# 8A.Productions YT Mar 7 2020, 18:18 PM
Any way I could host it? Would I need someone else to post the article?

+
# 9Claymore92 Mar 8 2020, 11:08 AM
Yes, you can host a tournament. You'd need just a small tutorial from someone who has hosted 1 tournament. You'd also need someone to make a tournament announcement and bracket article for you since you do not have the privileges to post articles on the site.

+
# 10A.Productions YT Mar 14 2020, 00:29 AM
Are there any specific rules I should be aware of when hostign a tournament, like bugs and stuff?

+
# 11Claymore92 Mar 14 2020, 01:39 AM
Read the announcement for any tournament. It contains general rules. Of course any mod can have specific issues or bugs which are not listed in our general rulebook.

+
# 12RRcabal Mar 14 2020, 21:49 PM
Hosting a tourney is not that hard, I have had lot's of experience hosting tourney's (Cabal's 2v2 tourney in KW), basically all you need to do is make sure the tournament runs smooth, answer questions that player might have, and update the brackets, (assuming you have assess you it), and one important note is that you must know about all the bug's and exploits that are not allowed in tourney games, once you figure all that out, you will be AWESOME. smile.gif

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 13cwedvin Mar 14 2020, 22:00 PM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Mar 14 2020, 21:49 PM) *

Hosting a tourney is not that hard, I have had lot's of experience hosting tourney's (Cabal's 2v2 tourney in KW), basically all you need to do is make sure the tournament runs smooth, answer questions that player might have, and update the brackets, (assuming you have assess you it), and one important note is that you must know about all the bug's and exploits that are not allowed in tourney games, once you figure all that out, you will be AWESOME. smile.gif

pretty mutch +1

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 14A.Productions YT Mar 14 2020, 22:00 PM
Fair enough. This tournament will be a modded one (I bribed Edvin to help me) so hopefully I will have people turning up.

+
# 15A.Productions YT Mar 14 2020, 22:03 PM
If I had the permissions I think there'd be tournament galore (except I'm homeless and can't give out cash prizes). smile.gif

+
# 16A.Productions YT Mar 14 2020, 22:04 PM
I'll probably do something like a KW Modded tournament, and maybe an AOD for KW. I am full of ideas, although whether people would want to play them and see the event through is a mega filter.

+
# 17RRcabal Mar 14 2020, 22:09 PM
QUOTE(A.Productions YT @ Mar 14 2020, 15:00 PM) *

Fair enough. This tournament will be a modded one (I bribed Edvin to help me) so hopefully I will have people turning up.

Advertise, on GR, and other social media platforms. smile.gif

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 18A.Productions YT Mar 14 2020, 22:20 PM
Well I have Discord and YT so that's a start. smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)