# 5DooM^^ May 18 2020, 08:36 AM
I think this year it will reach more than 1000$ wub.gif

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6fastAiR May 18 2020, 12:17 PM
QUOTE(DooM^^ @ May 18 2020, 08:36 AM) *

I think this year it will reach more than 1000$ wub.gif

Some guy on a chat ages ago was making out he would be sponsoring it massively so see if that happens.

+
# 7AnT1_Pr0 May 18 2020, 12:43 PM
I will add a donation at some point later on in the tournament - likely to be in the $100-200 region.

The delay is purely for smoothing purposes, I need to payout for Pandemic/Epidemic soon smile.gif

+
# 8~JoKeR~ May 18 2020, 13:05 PM
For the record the biggest prize pool in Zero Hour history is $1500 which was the prize pool of the Fast Cash FFA tournament

+
# 9HaWkY^ May 18 2020, 13:12 PM
£ is better.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 10xezon May 18 2020, 13:28 PM
Please keep in mind that the Zero Hour World Series is not about the money. It's about the competition, the excitement, the matches and the crown of 1v1 Zero Hour championships. If I remember correctly, there wasn't even any prize money in the early World Series events. However, if someone wants to add prize money to the event it certainly is welcome and appreciated, but it is not fundamental to the success of the event.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 11HaWkY^ May 18 2020, 13:35 PM
Why donít the streamers but in whatever theyíve made from streams towards prize money?

It isnít fair that they gain money from other peopleís efforts when they arenít good enough themselves for people to want to watch... mainly dominator.

+
# 12Fargo May 18 2020, 13:45 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ May 18 2020, 14:35 PM) *

Why donít the streamers but in whatever theyíve made from streams towards prize money?

It isnít fair that they gain money from other peopleís efforts when they arenít good enough themselves for people to want to watch... mainly dominator.

For dominator I agree 100 percent, what about you adding some? smile.gif

Clan: -HuGe|

+
# 13-DoMiNaToR- May 18 2020, 13:49 PM
Sure,

Do you accept Monopoly money?

+
# 14xezon May 18 2020, 13:54 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ May 18 2020, 15:35 PM) *

I know you are trolling but there is no obligation to give back stream donations to events, because the viewers donate to the streamers for their video work that they get to enjoy and not for the event they are streaming, unless stated differently by the donation issuer.

One issue I take with streamers however is when they use an event, that was setup by others, in order to "milk viewers" while not crediting the original author(s) / organizer(s) of the event.

+
# 15scuba May 18 2020, 15:07 PM
Dominator makes extremely professional videos and streams (excluding his current low level, immature CW streams). He definitely puts in alot of time to make such productions and its completely fair for him to keep stream donations 100% for himself.

+
# 16HaWkY^ May 18 2020, 15:19 PM
Streamers should pay the participants for their efforts.

Why is it fair that the good players people want to watch gain nothing?

I rather enjoy the live chat section though. I very rarely actually watch the streams I just watch the chats

+
# 17scuba May 18 2020, 15:24 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ May 18 2020, 16:19 PM) *

Streamers should pay the participants for their efforts.

Why is it fair that the good players people want to watch gain nothing?

I rather enjoy the live chat section though. I very rarely actually watch the streams I just watch the chats

Viewers are the ones obliged to pay for the performers, not the streamer.

+
# 18cncHD May 18 2020, 15:25 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ May 18 2020, 13:35 PM) *

I know this is a troll but I respond to it because it attracts wrong replies to the topic.

Streamers put in a lot of their freetime into the game and its community. Thanks to their streams they increase the chance that long gone Players will come back. New Players will join the community. The community gains from it. The Streamer gets money as a "tip" for his hard work. Sometimes its $1, sometimes $15, or sometimes even $ 400.
Im happy for those who get the lucky donations. Shows that the viewer appreciated what he is doing for the community. It gives the streamer a positive feedback, along with the amount of views and likes on the video. This increases the chance that the streamer will continue making content. It also helps to buy equipment for the recording studio. Equipment which is not cheap if you want to be super professional.

Crediting the hosts of an event a streamer streams should of course always be done. Thats a must imo.

+
# 19scuba May 18 2020, 15:45 PM
QUOTE(cncHD @ May 18 2020, 16:25 PM) *

I know this is a troll but I respond to it because it attracts wrong replies to the topic.

Streamers put in a lot of their freetime into the game and its community. Thanks to their streams they increase the chance that long gone Players will come back. New Players will join the community. The community gains from it. The Streamer gets money as a "tip" for his hard work. Sometimes its $1, sometimes $15, or sometimes even $ 400.
Im happy for those who get the lucky donations. Shows that the viewer appreciated what he is doing for the community. It gives the streamer a positive feedback, along with the amount of views and likes on the video. This increases the chance that the streamer will continue making content. It also helps to buy equipment for the recording studio. Equipment which is not cheap if you want to be super professional.

Crediting the hosts of an event a streamer streams should of course always be done. Thats a must imo.

But, with ALL performance sports, the performers get paid much more than the commentator/streamer/caster.

So all of the trolls, and disrespectful viewers should take a step back and understand that they are flaming the people who play for free, for their entertainment.

+
# 20xezon May 18 2020, 16:14 PM
If cncHD, Dominator and Legionnaire would combine their Youtube income they could easily host a 10.000 $ tournament in a year. cool2.gif I wonder at what prize sum big games websites would start writing about our community... 100.000 $ 1.000.000 $ ... ??? Would be pretty sick if we would annouce a huge prize pot with a year advance, so new players had enough time to join the ship and train for it.

However, then cnc online server would definitely crash for good laugh.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)