Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Moliere - Map Hack - Invalid

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1WhitePoWa Jul 23 2020, 17:47 PM
Hello,

today we played this guys online. I went to watch the replay to see what did go wrong and accidentally found 2 consecutive lock ons under the fog from this guy. I checked, he didn't have uploads in Gentool.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached File moliere_mh.rep
Size: 99.82k
Number of downloads: 7
Player Name Side Team
WhitePowa* 1
CHoK^E 1
Moliere 2
Nn91 2

+
# 2WhitePoWa Jul 23 2020, 21:18 PM
I saw him online after, seems he has GT 8.0...

+
# 3-NickName Jul 25 2020, 12:59 PM
Invalid report.

I have watched the replay multiple times and here is what happens:

At 4.42, the two raptors were selected and leave the airfield:
Attached Image

At the same time, Moliere was able to see one chinook (there were two in the bottom right collecting):
Attached Image

Both raptors were locked onto this chinook. The visible chinook is the one that goes down shortly after.

However, at 4.44, for a very short period of time, both chinooks were visible for Moliere:
Attached Image

And shortly after, both chinooks disappeared under the fog of war:
Attached Image

The raptors didn't change target or anything when they left the airfield. However, when watching the replay, gentool gives twice a warning (see the screenshots provided by WhitePoWa): both when a raptor that are locked onto the chinook leave the airfield. This is the moment when Gentool detects the attack move, while this was given when the raptors were still on the airfield. Gentool thinks that the command was given at 4.46, and at that moment, the chinook was under the fog of war.

In addition to this accusation, Moliere has Gentool 8.0 installed and in this replay (and one other replay I checked) there were no other locks on unit that were covered by the fog of war. Besides, his gameplay doesn't also suggest that Moliere is able to see hidden units. That is why I don't believe Moliere has map hack installed.

However, thanks for the report. It was your right to make one and when a warning is given by Gentool, it is not a bad idea to let someone check it out.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Moliere Jul 25 2020, 13:08 PM
Reason my upload mod was off for a while is because Excal wanted to hide his gameplay for ws final and asked every of his opponents to disable it in the last week. I turned it back to "on" but forgot the right option was "save all".

Ty for reviewing this Nickname tongue.gif

+
# 5AnT1_Pr0 Jul 25 2020, 18:31 PM
I think it is also worth mentioning that when the fog of war retreats, the chinooks will stay visible for another second or so smile.gif

This is what is meant by 'possible valid lock', because GT recognises that this feature is a possibility (and indeed most likely what happened)

Clan: WbG

+
# 6fastAiR Jul 26 2020, 12:01 PM
dirty cheat Moli!
biggrin.gif

+
# 7xezon Jul 27 2020, 09:54 AM
QUOTE(AnT1_Pr0 @ Jul 25 2020, 20:31 PM) *
This is what is meant by 'possible valid lock', because GT recognises that this feature is a possibility (and indeed most likely what happened)

This is not true.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 8WhitePoWa Jul 27 2020, 09:58 AM
QUOTE(Moliere @ Jul 25 2020, 13:08 PM) *

Reason my upload mod was off for a while is because Excal wanted to hide his gameplay for ws final and asked every of his opponents to disable it in the last week. I turned it back to "on" but forgot the right option was "save all".

Ty for reviewing this Nickname tongue.gif

No worries man wink.gif
the lagg also has a big impact on that as well as far as i understood. There was a game I played the other day and because of lag I could still see opponent's quad for another 2 secs after the fog was regenerated wink.gif
GG

+
# 9fastAiR Jul 27 2020, 14:49 PM
QUOTE(WhitePoWa @ Jul 27 2020, 09:58 AM) *

No worries man wink.gif
the lagg also has a big impact on that as well as far as i understood. There was a game I played the other day and because of lag I could still see opponent's quad for another 2 secs after the fog was regenerated wink.gif
GG

This happens alot, as others said;
Moli gave attack orders to the Raps whilst they were still on the airfield, those attack orders dont register until the raps then get airborne, and in some instances during that 2/3 seconds it takes to get airborne the fog of war recloaks the target.

Only bad pilots make this mistake tbh, as the planes should always be airborne prior to giving targets. This ensures they stay grouped to, and from the target. Minimising the effect/window of time anti air has to attack them, additionally with migs, the grouping ensures a firestorm will be triggered.
I'll let Moli off in this case because maybe he knew he just had a small window to target and it was raps biggrin.gif

Pro tip here/
If you really want to make something look like maphack, get some migs or raps, and use guard mode to target a tunnel in the fog of war. Gentool wont say anything, but to the player or in the replay it looks exactly like a lock under fog. Its actually pretty useful when you dont have vision tbh, ideally with migs and hope there isnt any anti air units there lol. I used it the other week in a replay I uploaded china v vs demo, I hit his tunnel at the left oil, coincidentally exactly as he popped, killing the entire pop biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by fastAiR: Jul 27 2020, 14:56 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)