Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Future ZH World Series?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DJAgena Jul 29 2020, 15:30 PM
Good afternoon Zh community, I wanted to say what an amazing world series 2020 was.
Something came to my mind as I remembered some of the beatbox battles that I used to take part in.
There were always some divisions... there was the biggest one: 1v1, but there were also 2v2 and loop station battles.
So I was wondering the "world series" title; why is it limited to just a 1v1 play?
don't get me wrong I've seen those 2v2 and 3v3 team plays by great professionals. And I've seen some rules apply to such competitions but.... I have not seen the same bracket procedure for a 2v2 or 3v3 world series competition. Like a team of two players who stick it from the beginning through the end.
A 2v2 or 3v3 team world series could take place annually similar to that of the 1v1 competition and either proceed or preceed the grand 1v1 title event.
I think such an event would make zero hour a lot more interesting.
I always get excited to see the grand finals but then after that it's like, okay great a bunch of random games and hosts... they're great but... the excitement is just not the same.

+
# 2dk.crazy Jul 29 2020, 15:34 PM
QUOTE(DJAgena @ Jul 29 2020, 17:30 PM) *

Good afternoon Zh community, I wanted to say what an amazing world series 2020 was.
Something came to my mind as I remembered some of the beatbox battles that I used to take part in.
There were always some divisions... there was the biggest one: 1v1, but there were also 2v2 and loop station battles.
So I was wondering the "world series" title; why is it limited to just a 1v1 play?
don't get me wrong I've seen those 2v2 and 3v3 team plays by great professionals. And I've seen some rules apply to such competitions but.... I have not seen the same bracket procedure for a 2v2 or 3v3 world series competition. Like a team of two players who stick it from the beginning through the end.
A 2v2 or 3v3 team world series could take place annually similar to that of the 1v1 competition and either proceed or preceed the grand 1v1 title event.
I think such an event would make zero hour a lot more interesting.
I always get excited to see the grand finals but then after that it's like, okay great a bunch of random games and hosts... they're great but... the excitement is just not the same.

Because there will be one OP team with me in it. So the winner would be known before the WS has even started...
BUT i would love a 2v2 world series

Game: None

+
# 3DJAgena Jul 29 2020, 15:40 PM
QUOTE(dk.crazy @ Jul 29 2020, 15:34 PM) *

Because there will be one OP team with me in it. So the winner would be known before the WS has even started...

I think if you let the players decide who they can team up with, it won't necessarily be a perfect balance, but definitely create some challenges and great quarter-finals, semi-finals and grand finals games.

+
# 4ReCoiL^ Jul 29 2020, 16:03 PM
I'd love to see more team games. Doesn't really matter to me in which format (although something as grand as world series obviously is cool)

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5~JoKeR~ Jul 29 2020, 16:05 PM
WS takes a ALOT of effort to host, it isn't easy to just host one.... Furthermore there are other 2vs2 tournaments.

Clan: WbG

+
# 6-HerB- Jul 29 2020, 16:06 PM
well in the past it was extremely hard to get 2v2 arranged here so that's probably why, also because there was hardly any sponsors

I'd say for 2021 it could be an idea to include 2v2 and maybe even 3v3

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 7DJAgena Jul 29 2020, 16:16 PM
QUOTE(~JoKeR~ @ Jul 29 2020, 16:05 PM) *

WS takes a ALOT of effort to host, it isn't easy to just host one.... Furthermore there are other 2vs2 tournaments.

You see... this is where I think things can take a twist. With regards to hosting the event, rather than creating a 2v2 world series, what I was trying to say is to create a "WHOLE" world series but with different categories. For example, when beatbox battles took place, an event didn't take place separately at different times in different locations. They were all hosted in the same venue over a weekend. The only difference was 1v1 was like the grand finals on Sunday night, but the 2v2 took place on the Friday and Saturday mornings.

So what I'm trying to say is... create a whole world series events but separate them evenly throughout. In terms of sponsors, I think we can all figure that out.

+
# 8Leikeze Jul 29 2020, 16:42 PM
There will be no official 2 vs 2 World Series because that isn't what the ZH WS is.

Having said that, nobody is going to stop you from hosting such a thing if it's what you want to do. Just sponsor it with $2,000 and I'm sure it'll be big.

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 9[OoE]ExCaL^ Jul 29 2020, 17:23 PM
team world series be epic!

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 10`ReNgO^ Jul 29 2020, 17:38 PM
nothing would surprise me anymore. if they changed the rules of the WS everything can be.

+
# 11Peace Lover Jul 29 2020, 17:49 PM
QUOTE(dk.crazy @ Jul 29 2020, 15:34 PM) *

Because of that u lost the last 2v2 tourny 5-1, to a team consist of one "ok" team player and the other one "sucks" with it.

+
# 12HaWkY^ Jul 29 2020, 19:38 PM
QUOTE(~JoKeR~ @ Jul 29 2020, 17:05 PM) *

If it takes so much effort why was the last few years so shit?

+
# 13xezon Jul 29 2020, 19:59 PM
2v2 tournaments are a lot harder to manage than 1v1 tournaments. You always need 2 more players to plan with. And some players give incredibly small time windows of a few hours during a week which can make it impossible for 2 teams to make an arrangement and essentially put the progress of the tournament at risk.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 14elberondolo Jul 29 2020, 21:25 PM
just disqualify people that canīt play at reasonable times or donīt let them in the tournament to begin with

like of course itīs harder with more people, it doesnīt mean it can be done, though.

maybe we should take a look at the current 2v2 tournament and see how it goes

+
# 15cncHD Jul 29 2020, 21:40 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ Jul 29 2020, 19:38 PM) *

If it takes so much effort why was the last few years so shit?

because it takes a lot of effort to host such a big event and Hawky wasnīt there to assist us in hosting it because he was too busy getting himself suspended from this site

+
# 16HaWkY^ Jul 30 2020, 07:15 AM
QUOTE(cncHD @ Jul 29 2020, 22:40 PM) *

because it takes a lot of effort to host such a big event and Hawky wasnīt there to assist us in hosting it because he was too busy getting himself suspended from this site

It used to be great and now its just been ruined with all this rubbish RR.

Don't like the match up you get? Don't play random. It's that simple.

+
# 17Fargo Jul 30 2020, 07:18 AM
QUOTE(cncHD @ Jul 29 2020, 22:40 PM) *

Omg hahahhahahaha

Clan: -HuGe|

+
# 18~JoKeR~ Jul 30 2020, 07:20 AM
QUOTE(cncHD @ Jul 30 2020, 02:40 AM) *

Well he was sort of still assisting us. He was keeping the topics clean from off topic unnecessary posts by remaining suspended wink.gif

+
# 19~JoKeR~ Jul 30 2020, 07:24 AM
QUOTE(DJAgena @ Jul 29 2020, 21:16 PM) *

You see... this is where I think things can take a twist. With regards to hosting the event, rather than creating a 2v2 world series, what I was trying to say is to create a "WHOLE" world series but with different categories. For example, when beatbox battles took place, an event didn't take place separately at different times in different locations. They were all hosted in the same venue over a weekend. The only difference was 1v1 was like the grand finals on Sunday night, but the 2v2 took place on the Friday and Saturday mornings.

So what I'm trying to say is... create a whole world series events but separate them evenly throughout. In terms of sponsors, I think we can all figure that out.

It's the same thing. Hosting isn't as easy as you think. Try hosting a tournament, and then you will realize. WS is probably 3 times harder to host then a normal tournament. To be honest, we don't have enough manpower (staff members) to pull it off. If any of you think, you could help in hosting tournaments, you could always apply for staff.

Perhaps once we have enough staff members, we can host 2/3 huge events each year.

This post has been edited by ~JoKeR~: Jul 30 2020, 07:27 AM

+
# 20HaWkY^ Jul 31 2020, 06:32 AM
I’ll host one and show how easy it is smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)