Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour Contra

Desert Combat - Contra Tournament

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Marakar Feb 19 2021, 18:23 PM

Greetings Generals

Following the growth of the Contra Mod community & the wonderfully balanced fun gameplay it offers, the very first tournament has opened for signups.

Date, Time and Location

Desert Combat will be on Sunday, 28th Feb beginning at 16:00 GMT. We will meet in the Contra Tournaments network on Radmin immediately after you check-in.

One map will be played per round.
  1. Tournament Desert / Map for Round 1
  2. Lagoon Day / Map for Round 2
  3. Barren Badlands / Map for Round 3
  4. Gorge Drought / Map for Finale

Desert Combat will be a SINGLE ELIMINATION. All rounds will be BO3 up to the Semi-Finals which are a Bo5. There is no 3rd place match.

Format: Random vs Random (Without Reverse Armies) & Tournament Mode On

Games will be played on the Contra 009 Final Patch 3 Hotfix 2. (link leads to all you need if you haven't got your game up to date)

Minimum participants: 8
Maximum participants: 16 (Subject to change if substantial amount of signups)

Registration

All you need to do to register for this tournament is to post your in-game name & Discord name in the registration topic linked below. Only register if you're going to be able to show up on the day of. Registration officially closes on Saturday, 27th Feb at 20:00 GMT.

Check-in

The check-in period will be between 15:00 and 16:00 GMT, at which point the brackets will be drafted and made official. There will be an official check-in thread that will open at 15:00. To check-in: simply post in the check-in thread and include your in-game name if it's different than your forum name. If you check in and you don't participate, you may be banned from any tournaments for 30 days. If you can't play, don't check-in. Only players that are registered will be allowed to check-in. Only checked in players will be in the bracket. If you have a situation that would cause you to not be able to check-in, but you can still participate then message Leikeze.

You will have 15 minutes to begin your games after the brackets are posted. Brackets will likely be posted by 16:05, but this depends on how late players check-in. You must start your games by 16:15 or you will be disqualified.

If you're early then you're on time. If you're on time then you're late. And if you're late you're disqualified!

There is simply no fun in sitting around waiting on people, so the 15 minutes is the maximum grace period allowed in between all rounds. Failure to appear at any stage of the event will result in a forfeit. Extreme circumstances can be discussed with event staff.

If you need to take a break in between games, inform your opponent and the Referee. At most, five minute breaks will be allowed and only if needed. Maximum one break per round. If a player is found to be abusing this freedom or failing to inform the necessary parties or not returning on time, you will be disqualified at Referee discretion.

Streaming

All matches will be streamed. So do not start playing until you and your opponent have arranged with a streamer.

In case the streamer causes bad lag, you may choose to play without one, however, you must then send the replay after each match to a streamer so that they can stream the matches.

1. Marakar
  2. Leikeze
  3. Farfain
  4. ThePredatorBG
  5. -DoMiNaToR-
  6. dce
  7. EROS
  8. Dromed
  9. Mustafaq
  10. MTKing
  11. LUCIFER13
  12. Core Daff

This post has been edited by Marakar: Feb 27 2021, 14:23 PM

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Leikeze Feb 21 2021, 18:58 PM
Cool stuff m8. In.

Clan: WbG

+
# 3Marakar Feb 21 2021, 19:02 PM
In cool2.gif

+
# 4cncHD Feb 21 2021, 19:44 PM
Nice stuff, nice presentation

+
# 5FireLorD` Feb 21 2021, 21:00 PM
if someone can show me how to download it and connect online ill be down

+
# 6Marakar Feb 21 2021, 21:12 PM
QUOTE(FireLorD` @ Feb 22 2021, 00:00 AM) *

Jundiyy has a tutorial video here on how to install Contra from 1.04 Zero Hour:

Jundiyy's Contra Installation Tutorial

Essentially it is installed in this order: Install Zero Hour -> Contra 009 Final Patch 1 -> C. 009 Final Patch 2 -> C. 009 Final Patch 3 (The launcher automatically installs hotfix 2 once Patch 3 is installed).

Games will be played on Radmin on a new tournament channel to minimize latency issues with multiple connections on a public network. The Contra Launcher itself also has a prompt called "Online Play Instructions" that leads to an easy-to-follow guide on how to play online, including the installation of Radmin:

Online Play Instructions

If you need further help, I'd be more than glad to help out smile.gif

Shall I add you to the list Firelord?

This post has been edited by Marakar: Feb 21 2021, 21:54 PM

+
# 7Farfain Feb 21 2021, 21:14 PM
Farfan

+
# 8Jundiyy Feb 21 2021, 21:15 PM

Not to do with the tournament but in case someone wants to see how Contra is played. I was just sent this replay today and was told it was a good one. Streaming in 5 mins.

+
# 9Marakar Feb 21 2021, 21:56 PM
QUOTE(Farfain @ Feb 22 2021, 00:14 AM) *

Farfan

QUOTE(Leikeze @ Feb 21 2021, 21:58 PM) *

Cool stuff m8. In.

Added, welcome!

+
# 10-DoMiNaToR- Feb 21 2021, 22:00 PM
whats the chances it will fuck with the original game?

+
# 11Jundiyy Feb 21 2021, 22:01 PM
None if you make a separate folder for it. If you feel like you don't want to play it again, delete the folder.

+
# 12Marakar Feb 21 2021, 22:06 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Feb 22 2021, 01:00 AM) *

whats the chances it will fuck with the original game?

0 if its installed in a separate copy folder of Zero Hour. Often its easier to organize mods from the base game by making a copy of the ZH folder with the actual files (the one containing generals.exe). If you are installing it all in 1 folder and want to uninstall it from there, it is possible but its just more of a hassle and its just easier separating base game and the mod by folders.

This is how I organize my mod folder for example, just to avoid accidently messing up between base game files and the mod files:

IPB Image

+
# 13-Prokilla' Feb 21 2021, 22:18 PM
i already have it downloaded from before an had gotten pretty good with it before i left.
i woulda joined now but i havent even gotten back fully established on normal zh yet, but i'll gladly join the next one. Contra is a blast !

Kicking FireLords ass on Contra was fun to smile.gif numchuks.gif

+
# 14Dense Feb 21 2021, 22:19 PM
I might give it a try based on the tutorials how to install, and the different game folders. If it has 0% chance of interfering with normal ZH configurations, controls & connections, then I'm curious to check this out tbh biggrin.gif

+
# 15-Prokilla' Feb 21 2021, 22:21 PM
QUOTE(Dense @ Feb 21 2021, 14:19 PM) *

I might give it a try based on the tutorials how to install, and the different game folders. If it has 0% chance of interfering with normal ZH configurations, controls & connections, then I'm curious to check this out tbh biggrin.gif

@Dense it does NOT affect normal zh whatsoever as long as you put it in a separate folder. i have it installed an its never once interfered with my Zero Hour

+
# 16-DoMiNaToR- Feb 21 2021, 22:26 PM
QUOTE(Marakar @ Feb 21 2021, 22:06 PM) *

0 if its installed in a separate copy folder of Zero Hour. Often its easier to organize mods from the base game by making a copy of the ZH folder with the actual files (the one containing generals.exe). If you are installing it all in 1 folder and want to uninstall it from there, it is possible but its just more of a hassle and its just easier separating base game and the mod by folders.

This is how I organize my mod folder for example, just to avoid accidently messing up between base game files and the mod files:

IPB Image

ok so i copy the whole ZH folder and paste it again but add Contra on the end?
then do all the messing around in there?

+
# 17Marakar Feb 21 2021, 22:31 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Feb 22 2021, 01:26 AM) *

ok so i copy the whole ZH folder and paste it again but add Contra on the end?
then do all the messing around in there?

Essentially yea.

So if you have 'ZH Folder' as your base, you just make 'ZH Folder Copy' and use 'ZH Folder Copy' to install the mod there. As long as you don't use the original base game folder for mod installation, it won't interfere with applications like Gameranger for example (and you don't have to reconfigure for example if you wanna revert back to vanilla ZH)

+
# 18Marakar Feb 21 2021, 22:37 PM
QUOTE(-Prokilla' @ Feb 22 2021, 01:21 AM) *

@Dense it does NOT affect normal zh whatsoever as long as you put it in a separate folder. i have it installed an its never once interfered with my Zero Hour

Would be awesome to see the legend return to Contra as well! There will be more Contra tourneys in the future hopefully smile.gif

QUOTE(Dense @ Feb 22 2021, 01:19 AM) *

Would be awesome to see you give it a go! ^^ It's honestly really easy to install with a 2 folder setup, it basically doesn't interfere with base game as long as you don't mess with the original copy and just install in the copy folder.

This post has been edited by Marakar: Feb 21 2021, 23:30 PM

+
# 19MTKing Feb 21 2021, 22:43 PM
QUOTE(FireLorD` @ Feb 22 2021, 00:00 AM) *

Make a copy of ZH folder and install the mod in that folder's directory, take the mod from here
Contra All-in-one patch

That's what I've used and it couldn't be more simple just install then run the game a small update will show up, connect to a radmin server and you're good to go

+
# 20Leikeze Feb 21 2021, 23:13 PM
QUOTE(MTKing @ Feb 21 2021, 17:43 PM) *

Make a copy of ZH folder and install the mod in that folder's directory, take the mod from here
Contra All-in-one patch

That's what I've used and it couldn't be more simple just install then run the game a small update will show up, connect to a radmin server and you're good to go

That's what I've got linked in the first post. It's the best way to go.

Clan: WbG

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)