Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-NickName Mar 18 2021, 17:02 PM
Interesting.

+
# 3TKLyo Mar 18 2021, 17:50 PM
Disgusting, truly disgusting. No standards at all. Having such a map (Whispering Woods) with tons of broken textures that shows boxes everywhere and textures being broken cause of super steep hills be placed as 1st place is just truly show how fail this world builder contest is. Scoring texture of 13/20 just because he tried using multiple textures and fail at blending is just laughable.

+
# 4EpicMan2099 Mar 19 2021, 01:54 AM
QUOTE(TKLyo @ Mar 18 2021, 17:50 PM) *

Disgusting, truly disgusting. No standards at all. Having such a map (Whispering Woods) with tons of broken textures that shows boxes everywhere and textures being broken cause of super steep hills be placed as 1st place is just truly show how fail this world builder contest is. Scoring texture of 13/20 just because he tried using multiple textures and fail at blending is just laughable.

Yeah Ill be the first to admit i know nothing of map building and blending textures exactly right ive only messed around with the world builder in my spare time after long hours at work just to sit back and relax watching netflix painting a picture from scratch and throwing down supplies and keeping it as even as possible with placements so i welcome you to maybe join me in a channel and maybe we could make a map together and you show me the basics and im sure if i use some creativity and some of your knowledge i bet we would make a killer map one to be envied so i do appreciate your tough critiscism and yes ive asked plenty of people what they like and dislike about maps and ive come to find if its not big enough its too small if its too small its not big enough and the circle plays on honestly im just trying to make maps that would be fun for us all to play and i really enjoyed your map and i thought how you did your mountains and add those rocks were so cool and i really liked your sand and the way you use your texture and when i made whispering woods i was trying to get as many green and dark greens as possible to somewhat resemble a mountain forest pathway seeing ive gone hiking through mountain passes personnally and im just wanting to import those visions to the game ive grown up with since the dear old playstation days it all started on cnc but my god man when they came out in what 2003 with this game. It was a whole new world so man all im saying is i dabble in it so sorry if it was a huge dissapointment to you. But id be happy to work on one with you if you would permit.

+
# 5A5SA5SIN Mar 19 2021, 02:39 AM
QUOTE(TKLyo @ Mar 19 2021, 01:50 AM) *

Calm down man

+
# 6He1SenBerG Mar 19 2021, 08:03 AM
QUOTE(EpicMan2099 @ Mar 19 2021, 01:54 AM) *

Yeah Ill be the first to admit i know nothing of map building and blending textures exactly right ive only messed around with the world builder in my spare time after long hours at work just to sit back and relax watching netflix painting a picture from scratch and throwing down supplies and keeping it as even as possible with placements so i welcome you to maybe join me in a channel and maybe we could make a map together and you show me the basics and im sure if i use some creativity and some of your knowledge i bet we would make a killer map one to be envied so i do appreciate your tough critiscism and yes ive asked plenty of people what they like and dislike about maps and ive come to find if its not big enough its too small if its too small its not big enough and the circle plays on honestly im just trying to make maps that would be fun for us all to play and i really enjoyed your map and i thought how you did your mountains and add those rocks were so cool and i really liked your sand and the way you use your texture and when i made whispering woods i was trying to get as many green and dark greens as possible to somewhat resemble a mountain forest pathway seeing ive gone hiking through mountain passes personnally and im just wanting to import those visions to the game ive grown up with since the dear old playstation days it all started on cnc but my god man when they came out in what 2003 with this game. It was a whole new world so man all im saying is i dabble in it so sorry if it was a huge dissapointment to you. But id be happy to work on one with you if you would permit.

such a nice reply to a mad post smile.gif

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 7Phoenix- Mar 19 2021, 09:06 AM
NVM

+
# 8DraGaN^ Mar 19 2021, 09:45 AM
QUOTE(TKLyo @ Mar 18 2021, 18:50 PM) *

Take is easy man, put the knife down

+
# 9-DoMiNaToR- Mar 19 2021, 13:21 PM
Regarding TKlyo map - i agree it's massive for a 2v2 map, not suitable for competetive play but could be very nice for one of TKlyo's custom missions.

Regarding the texture scoring, I have to agree with TKlyo that his map is superbly well textured, very professional. Plus the detail of that logo in the middle is crazy good.

Epicman also a good mapper with less focus on the textures, there are lots of areas with the "square thing" happening that is showcased on CNCHD's video tutorial thing. To me as a competetive player, i notice this kind of stuff less but it does annoy me when i see it, i like everything to look smooth lol!

But it is quite weird that TKlyo's texture score was so low when really it should be 20/20 for texturing no?

+
# 10~JoKeR~ Mar 19 2021, 13:25 PM
The points were an average of the actual points given by the judges. For example 4 Judges judged the maps and gave their own respective points. Perhaps it was because, one of the judges wasn't too impressed by the texture work, that he got low scores in that category.

+
# 11HaWkY^ Mar 19 2021, 13:41 PM
THE JUDGES WERE CLEARLY BLIND. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I DEMAND A RECOUNT.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 12-Prokilla' Mar 19 2021, 16:08 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ Mar 19 2021, 05:41 AM) *

THE JUDGES WERE CLEARLY BLIND. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. I DEMAND A RECOUNT.

UK's version of Trump has spoken.

+
# 13DarK9 Mar 19 2021, 16:17 PM
i agree tklyo has a point here!

Clan: Falcon

+
# 14SkyMix_RMT Mar 19 2021, 17:17 PM

This a good way to discourage people from hosting future WBCs.

At least show some respect to the people who spent their time to make this WBC possible, criticism/feedback is always good but there are correct ways to provide it and this is not one of them.

+
# 15Technika číslo 1 s.r.o Mar 20 2021, 17:48 PM
Hello everyone, i'm here today to support TKLyo in this unfair situation! Basically, me and a bunch of other guys from a discord server in voice channel with goldfish sharing were comparing the Epicman's map and the TKLyo'S map, and I have to say that the TKLyo's map was much better then the epicman's map, (we all agreed that TKLyo'S map is just better). This letter is for the judges to open their eyes and look again on the maps. Ofc there are better maps then TKlyo's but if there are, it is definitely not epicman's map. Also epicman got a feedback from Excal but TKLyo didn't. I'm not the only one who thinks that judges were wrong this time.

This post has been edited by Technika číslo 1 s.r.o: Mar 20 2021, 18:05 PM

+
# 16Technika číslo 1 s.r.o Mar 20 2021, 17:50 PM

this is true

+
# 17 Sam Mar 20 2021, 18:03 PM
QUOTE(Technika číslo 1 s.r.o @ Mar 20 2021, 18:48 PM) *

Hello everyone, i'm here today to support TKLyo in this unfair situaltion! Basically, me and a bunch of other guys on I shock in voice channel with goldfish sharing were comparing the Epicman's map and the TKLyo'S map, and I have to say that the TKLyo's map was much better then the epicman's map, (we all agreed that TKLyo'S map is just better). This letter is for the judges to open their eyes and look again on the maps. Ofc there are better maps then TKlyo's but if there are, it is definitely not epicman's map. Also epicman got a feedback from Excal but TKLyo didn't. I'm not the only one who thinks that judges were wrong this time.

I Agree with alot of points in this, but i also think since only one of the map makers was in the call there was clear biased opinion towards TKL's map, Personally i do think tkl's map got violated with not getting enough points but the most fair way to do it is take both the maps, rename them 1 and 2 (also remove the TKLYO sign in tklyos map) then get some experts to play it and some mappers to look at it and see wich one they like.

+
# 18~JoKeR~ Mar 20 2021, 18:05 PM
Honestly, I will be frank here. I did try to discuss this over through PM with him but he is still going all over the community posting all this stuff, you need to understand something. This was not only one single judge judging, but 5 different judges. They all gave their own points, and the average was taken out. About your accusation of the judges being unfair and bias, its completely baseless. I talked with some community members over what they thought about the judge panel, and one of them replied that it was "O my goodness. What a lineup." They were not random people. Furthermore they were absolutely not biased. As a matter of fact most of them did not even know who submitted which map, as they were not told about that when I gave them the maps to judge, and neither were they active in the GameReplays Discord Server where the submissions were taking place.

And may I ask, where do you even think, you should had gotten more points anyways? You got 17 in texturing
You can't expect to get 20 - can you?

This post has been edited by ~JoKeR~: Mar 20 2021, 18:08 PM

+
# 19OoE-ExCaL^ Mar 20 2021, 18:13 PM
For the record, I wasn't a judge here. I did stream a couple of maps when I had the time. All I did was play a couple of games on them. Too busy with playing/streaming to get too much into map creation etc. I do hope this situation can be resolved nonetheless.

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 20-DrThRax^ Mar 23 2021, 11:58 AM
now quit talking. and forget this. we dont want a civil war because of 1 goddamn map.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)