Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SeñorEcthelion Apr 9 2021, 16:07 PM

IPB Image
ROUND 1 HIGHLIGHTS

IPB Image
IPB Image Dwarves vs Goblins IPB Image

1st Highlight
Ranks involved: Good & Medium

Since this kind of event allows setting up a 2vs2 -3vs3 and 4v4 being also allowed-; a bunch of 2v2 matches have been arranged at this moment.
The first 2v2 of the Round 1 was arrenged by the Dwarf team against the Goblin team. Which wasn't probably a good idea, since Dwarf got crushed with a 0-2 score.
The ranks involved were the Good Player and the Medium Player Skill ranked. J-Edgar as the good Dwarf player leaded Savage, the medium against Vito, the Good Goblin player (known in CW by its threatening goblins) and Tyrion, a player who is probably under-ranked on this category. The reality is that Vito is indeed a better 1vs1 goblin player, while Tyrion is a tough cookie on 2vs2. However, in this 2v2, this categorization in particular turned out meaningless as both players played together and won.

IPB Image
IPB Image Men vs Mordor IPB Image

1st Highlight
Ranks involved: Expert & Good

One 2v2 in the first round, between the Men team and the Mordor team was arrenged by the Expert Men player (FarmerLau), who played with one of the Good Men players (Daryl), against the Mordor team. Mordor is leaded by Gannicus, who played with his partner from 1.00; Shinoda, from the Good player rank.
The games are here, aparently the match wasn't under ideal conditions as Gannicus was lagging and decided to keep playing. However, game is over and Men has won this encounter.

2nd Highlight
Ranks involved: Challenger

The match between Men & Mordor in the Challenger bracket was played as a 1v1 between Sweet (aka Misha in discord, Word in clanwars) and Bilbo (aka GosPurepwneage in clanwars).
*Sweet is a russian player who appeared out of nowhere around 1.09v2 release, kidnaped inmediatly by slovakian player Andy and signed in the CiCuS clan roster. Once detected by Ecthelion, he was also lured to play in the Challenges leage (in the Cow&Pig discord) and has managed to keep a decent winrate against the current top10 players.
*Purepwneage is a old player, who played cw.cc a decade ago as a flaming-rageful-kid when the game was loaded in cw activity. I personally always considered him a tough mordor player since his return in 2014 or 2017, he was a window to the old-age-overpowered-orc-spam-gameplay. He still is a tough mordor in my opinion, that's why he has been invited to defend the Mordor faction in this tournament. However, the games against Sweet have been disappointing. And PurePwneage has also proved to not have grown up since the 2009 age.
The first game of the match was ok. But the 2nd game has been like a waterfall of on-live-tears, moans, complaints and flames from Pure, the mordor player. Map was Westfold, which in version 1.09 counts with a ruined tower in middle. Sweet didn't even need to capture this tower to trigger the moans of Bilbo, all he had to dois use it as blockade between his two barracks. This was more than enough to cause Bilbo to cry like a pig and spam all over the in-game chat. (i was observing).
However, Bilbo still won both games, but pretty flawful in my opinion.

IPB Image
IPB Image Elves vs Isengard IPB Image

1st Highlight
Ranks involved: Expert

Meanwhile, the Isengard vs Elves games were entirely played as 1v1.
In the Round 1, AoWLuxus, leading the Expert rank of Elves played against the Isengard expert, Ecthelion.
It should be admitted that the games were played more than twice, results of Luxus nonconformity with neutral hosts and also Ecthelion nonconformity with natural hosts. In the first neutral host, score was 1-0 for Ectheion (Luxus claimed to lag). In the natural hosts, score was 1-1 (Ecthelion claimed host advantage won each game). And finaly, with a new neutral host, score turned to be 2-0 for Ecthelion. These last 2 games are the games currently posted in GR, after agreeing with Luxus and considering that the Elves faction would seem to be overwhelmed by Isengard spellbook powers, we wanted to reflect this.
Very interesting considering that the majority of the 1.09v2 beta team has always been worried that Isengard was over-nerfed on this patch after a series of nerfs on Lurtz and the low tier spellbooks. (devastation, wildmen)

2nd Highlight
Ranks involved: Medium

Meanwhile, in the Medium rank bracket, the same MU has also been won by 2-0 the Isengard Faction, in hands of PoW|Netput against Theol. It should be said that Netput is the first example for the concept of Dinosaur we have today. More than 10 years old inactive yet linked to the best players of their era. The fact he has a decade of BFME2 rustyness is what lead the tournament admins to set him up in the medium player bracket. However, his outstanding performance leaded me to compare the two following games with this
IPB Image

3rd Highlight
Ranks involved: Apprentice

Asides of Netput and Ecthelion, in the Apprentice bracket another 2 wins have been scored for Isengard. Sakulnebur, who is, by the way, brother of IDream, defeated Glorfindel Elves.
This was particulary interesting to me, because Glorfindel is a 1.00 Pro player who was added in the apprentice rank in the last day of the sign up with the possibility of being under-ranked, due his supposedly high 2vs2 winrate on this patch. But apparently he couldn't win any game against Sakulnebur. Either Sakulnebur is under-ranked, Isengard is superior to Elves, or the Isengard team comunication is the best at this moment (training, sharing replays, thinking strategies, etc.). As Isengard leader, i bet for the last possibility.

IPB Image
ROUND 2 HIGHLIGHTS

IPB Image

IPB Image Men
vs Isengard IPB Image

1st Highlight
Ranks involved: Expert & Good

Another 2v2 has been setup in the Round 2 between the, once again, Men team against the Isengard team.
The same men expert and the men good player duo arranged a match against Isengard, leaded by Ecthelion whose partner on this encounter has been IDream.
This time the Farmer and Daryl couldn't guarantee a 2-0 for the Men Faction, resulting in a 1-1 score. Which wasn't easy, since in the first game Farmer managed to kill IDream before Ecthelion properly kills Daryl.
In the second game, Farmer and Ecthelion were faced in Firien Dale. Ecthelion almost lost, but thanks to a early doubling against Daryl, Idream managed to annihilate Daryl while Ecthelion barely survived a heavy siege with a fortress on 0.01% health bar.
This game was casted in Twitch by Xelenos, who is also backup of Daryl in the Men team. And the game is also known for its caster to flame FarmerLau for not defending Daryl. Hilarious stuff.

IPB Image
IPB Image Elves vs Goblins IPB Image

1st Highlight
Ranks involved: Challenger & Medium

The last 2v2 was setup for the Round 2 between the famous AoWNathanP, the 2v2 BT2DC dinosaur who is currently signed in the Goblin roster in the Challenger Rank and the mighty Scare^Crow, who is the respective Elven Challenger player. Both players were accompanied respectively by Tyrion on the goblin faction, and TheoL in the elven faction.
Result was 1-1, but i heard a peculiar strategy was carried on by the elven Team in the map Lebennin, who is for sure a map more friendly to Elves than the tree-less Udun.

IPB Image
IPB Image Dwarves vs Mordor IPB Image

1st Highlight
Ranks involved: Medium

Round 2 is far from complete yet (i have wrote the missing games in the first post). The only players who played this MU (at this moment) have been the Medium Rank players. SCloud as Mordor has defeated Savage's Dwarves, scoring 2 points for Mordor.
Savage is known in 4v4 1.09 rooms as a medium player who loves to flame in discord voice chat against weaker players (or just anyone?). While SCloud is a rather mysterious player who is mostly seen playing 2vs2, which probabbly explains why he has proved to be stronger than Savage.
Or maybe the MU favors Mordor? We will see when the other skill ranks play.

IPB Image
Brackets

IPB Image
Faction Wars Global Bracket

Global Round Robin

IPB Image
Brackets per Skill Rank

Rank 1 Experts

Rank 2 Challengers

Rank 3 Good

Rank 4 Medium

Rank 5 Apprentice

IPB Image
Games left to completed before Monday 12
[center/]
**-Experts:**
Round 2 game: Mordor Gannicus vs Dwarves Sauron
**-Challengers:**
Round 1 game: Elves Crow vs Isengard Andy/Clever
Round 2 game: Men Sweet vs Isengard Andy/Clever
Round 2 game: Mordor Pure vs Dwarves Mustafa/Glutemaster
**-Goods:**
Round 2 game: Mordor Shinoda vs Dwarves Edgard/So0ry
Round 2 game: Goblins Vito vs Elves Magicc/Lovely
**-Mediums:**
Round 1 game: Men Pietor/menji vs Mordor Scloud
Round 2 game: Men Pietor/menji vs Isengard Netput/Orcrist/Gomez
**-Apprentices:**
Round 1 game: Dwarves Powerkaffel vs Goblins Otter
Round 2 game: Mordor Morris vs Dwarves Powerkaffel
Round 2 game: Goblins Otter vs Elves Glorfindel

[center]IPB Image
Discord

IPB Image
Join the tournament's Discord for online updates.
GameReplays.Org Official Discord

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Apr 19 2021, 07:05 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2P0rNKinGs` Apr 9 2021, 17:08 PM
big success for this 1st week !

+
# 3-Netput Apr 9 2021, 17:17 PM
I'm afk coming week, but I from next week Friday I will spam all my games again!

Great write up etch. Truly loved it biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Old dino

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Feanor Apr 9 2021, 19:52 PM
Nice formatting and highlights!

Game: Minecraft

+
# 5SeñorEcthelion Apr 9 2021, 22:09 PM
check dis thing i found that locotus made

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Apr 9 2021, 22:21 PM

+
# 6Val` Apr 10 2021, 00:43 AM
Beautiful work!

Ech those dividers are mine, noob

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 7Maru Apr 10 2021, 01:04 AM
Pro stuff!

Clan: New Generation

+
# 8Feanor Apr 10 2021, 06:04 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Apr 9 2021, 23:09 PM) *

Quoting to see how to do this

Game: Minecraft

+
# 9DeeZ Daryl Apr 12 2021, 11:24 AM
Sexy

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)