Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

9/8/2006: Mine Positioning

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Moony Sep 8 2006, 01:13 AM
Allies Tip #2

Mine Positioning

When placing mines think about the direction: Axis tanks are slower and will not get a damaged engine if your mines are placed incorrectly. Try to locate your mines in narrow choke points that are likely to be crossed by enemy troops.

Place your mines so the 2 mines will face the direction where you are expecting them to come from. This way the Axis tank will get a damaged engine regardless. If it comes from the side or if it hits 1 mine first it will not receive a damaged engine.

Also, when placing mines, don't forget about the small land bridge on the far right side of Semois. It can be easily overlooked, and can be crossed by the enemy for access to the right-side Victory Point.

By: smpl

This post has been edited by Moony: Sep 8 2006, 01:18 AM

Clan: EPIC

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 2ziofu Sep 8 2006, 08:38 AM
Good tip,

But when I place my mines and someone trigs them, all the three mines explode... (no matter how i place them)

This post has been edited by ziofu: Sep 8 2006, 08:38 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3smpl Sep 8 2006, 09:59 AM
wow this is "mine" wink.gif

Yep they all explode, the fact is if you place the 2 mines facing the tank his approach, he will drive on the 2 mines immediatly both dealing full damage. If they hit 1instead of 2. Only 1 will make some real damage so the tank wont have any engine damage.

I tested this let all kind of tanks ride over mines, all allied tanks get engine damage (didnt test pershing though) and all axis tanks depend on their speed and approach. ACs do get engine damage because they are fast. Stugs etc dont.

This post has been edited by smpl: Sep 8 2006, 10:00 AM

+
# 4ziofu Sep 8 2006, 10:05 AM
QUOTE(smpl @ Sep 8 2006, 09:59 AM) *

wow this is "mine" wink.gif

Yep they all explode, the fact is if you place the 2 mines facing the tank his approach, he will drive on the 2 mines immediatly both dealing full damage. If they hit 1instead of 2. Only 1 will make some real damage so the tank wont have any engine damage.

I tested this let all kind of tanks ride over mines, all allied tanks get engine damage (didnt test pershing though) and all axis tanks depend on their speed and approach. ACs do get engine damage because they are fast. Stugs etc dont.

now i have understood, thank you for info!

+
# 5smpl Sep 8 2006, 10:34 AM
good to hear, enjoy your games.

+
# 6Gnug315 Sep 8 2006, 13:28 PM
Ah, a true little gem that few would have noticed themselves. Kudos!

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 7WISE Architect Sep 8 2006, 14:31 PM
Very useful tip.

Clan: [Wise]

+
# 8Xcom Aug 17 2011, 22:47 PM
I don't think this is correct, we in Reborn, (Ami, Martinez and myself) tested if mine placement effected damage and after hours of tests we concluded that it didn't.

We sandboxxed it by placing mines and driving M8s across them and looking at damage. The placement didn't seem to matter but the random number generator means that somewhere between a little damage and maximum damage can be done by the mines regardless of their orientation facing the oncoming M8.

Clan: Reborn

+
# 9HelpingHans Aug 17 2011, 22:54 PM
I dont think those guys exist any more XD.

+
# 10Xcom Aug 17 2011, 23:02 PM
5 Years later...

Bump!

Clan: Reborn

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)